DOLLAR STORES PLANNING FOR PERMANENT AMERICAN UNDERCLASS, SELL MORE GROCERIES THAN WHOLE FOODS

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Ok. Dollar Tree is the one with all the balloons and party BS in it... The green one... . they don't have those in the hood for some reason....
Never thought about the location of them, they are usually right next to Wal-Marts though, in my experience

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Breh I dont think that's gonna be true...

If some families can save a lil extra, they gonna do it...

It's real bad out here for some people

Of course poor people shop at dollar tree. But so do people with money and middle income. Yes if you put a dollar tree in a poor area it’s going to be the main store and I don’t see the problem with that.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last winter, it snowed a lot around here, like nearly a foot and a half of snow. It was so bad, you would be a fool to drive anywhere. Cars were getting stuck everywhere.

Now I’m on the road or at my client pretty frequently and it’s right in the middle of busy season, so I haven’t really kept up with my grocery shopping. I’m actually at my crib for a minute so the timing of this storm couldn’t of been any worse.

I wouldn’t say the area I live in is a food desert, as there are several grocery stores within 3 miles of me, but like I said earlier in this post, you aren’t going anywhere in this storm by car. There is a Family Dollar across the street from my place, so it’ll have to do in a pinch.

I walked in there and saw what they had, all processed shyt:picard:

I haven’t been eating the best anyway (it’s what happens when you are away from home working 12+ hours a day), but I was disgusted at what was available. The best stuff I saw there was baked beans (in a can) and spaghetti mix (in a box).

I bought it as I needed to eat something, but this was a microcosm of what some people are actually limited to. It’s repulsive.

The Minister Of Culture

kickin incredibly dope shyt
Supporter
Daps
Getcha’ bread up :yeshrug: no pun intended

nikkas really need to stop saying this dumb "pull yourself by the bootstraps" republican type shyt :snoop:

everyones situations is diffrent and we dont know why they are in that position.I agree some people are lazy and dont have that initive to better themselves but thats not everyone in the class the article was talking about.To use a blanket statement like that as a solution to address why a class of people cant afford healthy food is disingenous.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
There are many items I buy that I just can't do the generic version of.

Ice cream
Soda/pop
Potato chips
Cookies
Mustard
Ketchup
Salsa
Bread
Juice

And miss me with that "it all tastes the same" bullshyt. Yeah, maybe to fat people who eat any and everything.

Kroger, which I love, has a very very low level generic brand on their shelves. It has "psst!" on all their products with an owl on it. One item they have is a big package of cookies for $2. No thank you, bytch. Give my my Oreos for just a dollar more.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Dollar Generals are TAKING OVER Southern rural areas ..they’re popping up a lot more in Middle and even Upper Middle Class Black areas too :sas2:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
You CANNOT be serious :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
psst%2Bbrownie%2Bmix.jpg

Disgusting and cheap, but since it's cheap, ppl will cop it like:leon:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
nikkas really need to stop saying this dumb "pull yourself by the bootstraps" republican type shyt :snoop:

everyones situations is diffrent and we dont know why they are in that position.I agree some people are lazy and dont have that initive to better themselves but thats not everyone in the class the article was talking about.To use a blanket statement like that as a solution to address why a class of people cant afford healthy food is disingenous.
No people don't need to stop saying the truth.
If you don't like where you are, seriously look into what you can do to improve your life.
Stop giving up and begging other people to save you, or think others have a obligation to improve your life.

The funny thing is people who are really about bettering themselves, don't care about the saying, because they are doing what they can to get better.

Its enablers of losers and losers themselves who cry about telling others to do better.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are many items I buy that I just can't do the generic version of.

Ice cream
Soda/pop
Potato chips
Cookies
Mustard
Ketchup
Salsa
Bread
Juice

And miss me with that "it all tastes the same" bullshyt. Yeah, maybe to fat people who eat any and everything.

Kroger, which I love, has a very very low level generic brand on their shelves. It has "psst!" on all their products with an owl on it. One item they have is a big package of cookies for $2. No thank you, bytch. Give my my Oreos for just a dollar more.
dollar general has great potato and wheat bread, I agree with the rest.