Door Dash Don't Give A fukk

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I’m amazed at how many people use Door Dash and Uber Eats.

It’s like the universe is doing everything possible to tell you :flabbynsick: folks to stop ordering this crap. It’s bad for you and expensive.

And sure. Someone could say they use delivery services for healthy foods. But let’s be honest here…
Fukk all those apps $30 for burger/fries.

. I enjoy cooking

about a 100 resteraunts within couple blox

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Well DoorDash charges restaurants 30% of subtotal to sell on their app so it’s the restaurants that charge the additional fee. In other words restaurants are upping their prices and basically passing their DoorDash cost on to the consumer.
:mjlol:Bruh, that's way higher than 30%. That's almost triple.

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
You pay for the service they provide homie. Drivers also need payment for their time, so there you go.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:If you go on KFC's website, they have an 8pc chicken bucket for 10.00. Doordash charges 26.83 for the exact same item. Not to mention other miscellaneous cost. That's crazy. So it would appear Door Dash makes their money upselling the actual item of the food unbeknownst to the customer. I wonder if that's ethical and do the restaurants allow them to do that?
KFC probably upcharges to offset the fees. Its BEEN like this,

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
556.jpg

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Got a houseboat in Tahoe bought a condo in downtown Reno @ Arlington tower

I have a eldorado.. after being in a wheelchair for a year.. I walk everywhere.

Downtown Reno has very diverse array of resteraunts from Ruth cris steakhouse authentic hole in the wall Mexican food/pho/ fine dining italian food/. Bbq/diners etc..

I got the money that ain't the issue. I cook 5/7days.. but it's nice to WALK and go out to eat .. if I eat @home I'm cooking myself

Great coffee shops here on the river!.. but I don't drink coffee!

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
:mjlol:If you go on KFC's website, they have an 8pc chicken bucket for 10.00. Doordash charges 26.83 for the exact same item. Not to mention other miscellaneous cost. That's crazy. So it would appear Door Dash makes their money upselling the actual item of the food unbeknownst to the customer. I wonder if that's ethical and do the restaurants allow them to do that?

I saw the same shyt.. I was about to order some pizza thru door dash and realized it seemed almost double what the mf costs at the restaurant so I was like fukk that, Ill drive and get it... Sure enough i make the order at the place and it less than half what door dash was trying to charge :stopitslime:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This isn't new. If you order more than twice a month, pay for the DashPass. But any service is going to charge. The question you have to ask is the money you are paying vs the time investment and (ie picking up your food and that comes with its own problems) and go based off that but personally for me. I'd rather pay the extra and stay comfortable in my home my time is valuable.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This isn't new. If you order more than twice a month, pay for the DashPass. But any service is going to charge. The question you have to ask is the money you are paying vs the time investment and (ie picking up your food and that comes with its own problems) and go based off that but personally for me. I'd rather pay the extra and stay comfortable in my home my time is valuable.
:mjlol:Depending on the spot you go to, ordering is most def better than going there to pick it up. Where I stay at, a lot of food spots will be packed. I ain't trying to wait an hour for my food just to travel hella far back home. fukk that.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:mjlol:Depending on the spot you go to, ordering is most def better than going there to pick it up. Where I stay at, a lot of food spots will be packed. I ain't trying to wait an hour for my food just to travel hella far back home. fukk that.

This is what I'm saying. I live in a suburb the restaurants I order from are all 15-20 mins away. I have to drive, pick up the food, most times wait, and then drive back. No more of that. I'll pay what it takes.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
These apps would take most of their profit margin if they didn’t increase the prices.