Door Dash Don't Give A fukk

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
why do you think the restaurant pays fees to doordash to be listed on the app?

doordash has to pay people to deliver you your food. the revenue for doordash to remain in business can't only come from delivery fees. the restaurant then pushes those fees to you, the person who is either too lazy or finds their time too valuable to go get it yourself.

if your time is more valuable than the increased costs, then order on the app. if it isn't worth the extra charges, go to the fast food place and pick it up yourself, like you used to do 10 years ago.
doordash pays no more than 2-3 bucks per order; most of the money made is from cust tips

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
People love convenience.

Perfect example how online shopping has basically put these brick and mortar retailers out of business.

People rather sit in the house and order food and other ish from an app on their phone can get out, do things, and meet people.

Business like door dash are and business of the like will continue to thrive.
I don’t even grocery shop in person anymore

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
be 5 years late to how food delivery apps work, brehs:mjlol:

yes, the restaurants know. they're the ones who raise the prices of the items to cover the percentage doordash charges them on each order
Dudes really be on here running to post some "did yall know water is wet? :ohhh: " type shyt :heh:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Imagine ordering Doordash/Grubhub/Ubereats and not getting it free(while also not getting the delivery driver fired)

People like you are part of the reason why the prices are so high

247Alex

Pro
Daps
probably a low volume store. they will have to divide that sale with door dash so the store marks up the price for 3rd party delivery.
if this was a store in a large market you'd see a minimal mark up but still marked up. but their volume of sales via delivery will make up for the loss on sharing with door dash.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Then they got the nerve to only offer the driver $2.50 for delivery:pachaha:

My car was in the shop for a week back in April, Walmart was the only delivery service I used. I had 50% off Doordash from the job but after the jacked-up price and fees it still wasn't worth it.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People kill me that call this a scam.

It's a company charging a heavy premium for a service. And broke dumb motherfukkers are willing to pay it.

Smart people pay a premium to eat better quality food at a quality restaurant. Dumb fukks pay a premium to have trash food delivered to them :snoop:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
restaurants often dont do well under massive doordash demand, so they treat it kinda passive aggressively. they cancel orders at the last minute, charge more, offer less, or use inferior ingredients for delivery orders.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Crazy people spend 40 for shyt food.m..no one know how to cook?

I eat cheap usually but quality..

If I ain't makin my food I'm going to the resteraunt. Not being taxed %50

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
:mjlol:If you go on KFC's website, they have an 8pc chicken bucket for 10.00. Doordash charges 26.83 for the exact same item. Not to mention other miscellaneous cost. That's crazy. So it would appear Door Dash makes their money upselling the actual item of the food unbeknownst to the customer. I wonder if that's ethical and do the restaurants allow them to do that?
Doordash isn’t charging that and pocketing the difference. You pay to have your restaurant on these apps. That price reflects those costs.

I am a former restaurant manager.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
You dumbies buy

Eggs
Potatoes
Rice
Avocados
Chicken thighs
Spinach
Lemons/lime
Garlic
Pasta
Tomatoes
Cod/haddock
Cheese
Skittles/starburst

Last you a week for about $60

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
People love convenience.

Perfect example how online shopping has basically put these brick and mortar retailers out of business.

People rather sit in the house and order food and other ish from an app on their phone can get out, do things, and meet people.

Business like door dash are and business of the like will continue to thrive.
That’s a bad example cuz online shopping is cheaper for the company and the person
the price can be cheaper because there is no retail store or employees saving the company money

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjlol:If you go on KFC's website, they have an 8pc chicken bucket for 10.00. Doordash charges 26.83 for the exact same item. Not to mention other miscellaneous cost. That's crazy. So it would appear Door Dash makes their money upselling the actual item of the food unbeknownst to the customer. I wonder if that's ethical and do the restaurants allow them to do that?
You have to know how to use it
DoorDash can save u a lot if you pick up your orders