Dr. Fauci: dont think we will be Back to 100% Normal by March 2022

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
The flu does the same. And every year, the new flu vaccine takes that into account. It’s expected

The more under control we get this, the fewer amount of mutations will occur. That means less work will be required to KEEP this under control going forward. If we keep spreading this and mutations keep occurring, the variants are going to become the main issue, and the vaccines haven’t been proven to be as effective against these new strains. So then we are back at square one with a deadlier version of COVID.

Do you understand the difference between the flu-virus and Corona-virus?

Virus expert says COVID will "not go away" and could be around for "rest of our lives"

Daps
Do you understand the difference between the flu-virus and Corona-virus?

Virus expert says COVID will "not go away" and could be around for "rest of our lives"
What you just posted doesn’t contradict anything I just said. It actually supports it. I never said we’d get rid of it, I said get it under control. We haven’t gotten rid of the flu either, but I’d say that it’s under control. We need to slow the spread in order to increase our ability to respond to changes and mutations. If the mutations happen too fast, we reduce our ability to effectively counteract its effects. Simply put... it’s much easier to handle 1 variant than it is to handle 3 variants.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I think the problem is the same as it is with mainstream media and social media... people would rather be the first to report something as opposed to getting it right. And unfortunately with doctors, they often think they know more than the next person.... so they are quick to jump on social media and tout how knowledgeable they are. And that doesn’t bode well for science, when things continuously change with the more information provided.

People just need to sit down, analyze the information and and stop speaking in absolutes. If people just prefaced everything with “This is not guaranteed, but we THINK...” it would go a long way.
This is absolutely the problem smh. People love to blame the media and I get it, but if the news media all stopped talking about it, you’re going to have social media people spreading dumb ass information and then people will say why aren’t the media talking about this. People just need to be careful out here and try your best to make sure you don’t get sick.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Son imma tell u this. I was sick to the point I couldn’t leave my bed in like January 2020. Went to the doctor. Got a flu test. Didnt come back as the flu on the test but the doctor said sometimes it gives a false negative but I def have the flu and what is consistent with flu symptoms. Told me to stay at home in the bed and don’t leave the crib. shyt got even worse and they ended up saying I had pneumonia. This same shyt happened to my wife, and my son as well. I had it the worst tho. All before Covid was a “thing”. I know plenty of other people that had this happen to them as well around from November to January. I believe plenty of people had it already before some doctors etc knew what it was. And people were being misdiagnosed with the flu cause of it.

A TON of news reports came out (all seemingly at the same time) debunking your assertion as a ridiculous myth :jbhmm:

... but I believe your assertion wholeheartedly. “They” don’t want you to believe it though .

Now ask yourself why ... :usure:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If masks work so well why are people getting sick constantly? I’m talking people who won’t go anywhere without a mask. These people are still getting sick.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
summer 2021/22/23/24/25/26/27 or 28 is gonna be lit brehs :blessed:
0ef6ebdc087e6905f670ab0e9736b49b.gif

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
so are you denying facts about 4 of the 6 states being announced to severely loosen their restrictions yesterday being democratic :jbhmm:
I'm denying your purposeful obtusity over the full context of this situation ... as i clearly just explained bamma ass states have already BEEN operating as if they were open well before these declarations... now go take this feign ignorance and that lame ass fake Ben Shapiro contrarianism to somebody else goofy ass bamma :camby:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There are post in this thread to explain to your simple self why herd immunity from this particular vaccine probably wont work.... and regardless of test, no doctor or computer or even Fauci are willing to say the vaxx will make the takers immune.
I can't even tell what you're arguing. There's extensive data on exactly how effective the vaccines are, that's no secret or anything. And absolutely nothing, not any vaccine nor even infection with the virus, is going to be 100% effective - but that's not necessary for herd immunity.

Also , death rate is measured per 1000 people. It typically increases a little each year. How much did it increase in 2020? It's on par with recent years. You aren't posting the death rate number because you don't know what it is. You're just repeating # of deaths.
The claim that the increase in deaths last year was "on par with recent years" is a total, utter lie. Most years deaths go up by around 30,000 this year they went up by over 500,000.

And the articles I linked told you the increasing death rate, not just total deaths, but I'm sure you didn't read any of them.

This was back before most of the deaths from the winter surge were even counted:
From 1980 to 2019, between eight and nine people per 1,000 have died each year in the United States. In 2019, the most recent year with official death estimates, 2,854,838 Americans died, and 3,747,540 were born. That means that 8.7 people died per 1,000 that year — up from a low of 7.9 deaths per 1,000 people in 2009.
According to the same estimates, 2,852,609 people died in 2019, meaning at least 334,000 more people have died so far in 2020 than 2019, despite missing or incomplete data for October through December. Using the recent estimate of the 2020 population from the Census Bureau, the death rate so far in 2020 would be 9.7 deaths per 1,000, the highest death rate since 1949.
For context, the most recent estimates from the Census Bureau, which are from 2017, projected that there would be 2.75 million deaths in 2020, accounting for an aging population. The Census Bureau did not expect the nation to reach 3.1 million deaths until 2029 or 2030.
The nation’s overall mortality rate fell a bit in 2019, due to reductions in heart disease and cancer deaths. And life expectancy inched up — by several weeks — for the second straight year, according to death certificate data released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But life expectancy for 2020 could end up dropping as much as three full years, said Robert Anderson of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC counted 2,854,838 U.S. deaths last year, or nearly 16,000 more than 2018. That’s fairly good news: Deaths usually rise by about 20,000 to 50,000 each year, mainly due to the nation’s aging, and growing, population.
This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15%, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

That would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in a flu pandemic.
US deaths in 2020 top 3 million, by far most ever counted

Preliminary US death statistics show over 3.1 million total deaths in 2020—at least 12% more deaths than in 2019

That was right there in the articles I already linked. But you stay ignorant.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Anyone who doubts how devastating the Covid epidemic has been, this shows the exact increase in deaths week-by-week and state-by-state for every state. You can easily see how the excess deaths in each state perfectly track the surges in Covid deaths, they don't increase due to "lockdowns" or the other bullshyt people are claiming.

544,000 More U.S. Deaths Than Normal Since Covid-19 Struck

And everyone can see on this chart that 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 had basically the same death rates with the same trends....but 2020 was on some WILD different shyt.

mMqlqIi.png

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Son imma tell u this. I was sick to the point I couldn’t leave my bed in like January 2020. Went to the doctor. Got a flu test. Didnt come back as the flu on the test but the doctor said sometimes it gives a false negative but I def have the flu and what is consistent with flu symptoms. Told me to stay at home in the bed and don’t leave the crib. shyt got even worse and they ended up saying I had pneumonia. This same shyt happened to my wife, and my son as well. I had it the worst tho. All before Covid was a “thing”. I know plenty of other people that had this happen to them as well around from November to January. I believe plenty of people had it already before some doctors etc knew what it was. And people were being misdiagnosed with the flu cause of it.

I believe this as well.. Same situation happened to me back in March 2019.. Im always under the impression that pandemics ramp up from small beginnings..