Dr. Fauci: dont think we will be Back to 100% Normal by March 2022

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:francis:Ya think. They already trying to open up states despite the fact that the vaccines haven't been properly handled throughout the country.

"Normal" won't happen until Rapture comes through:unimpressed:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Eh, I think by early 2023 we should be well off into our new “normal” phase. March 2022 is a little too early to say due to the amount of reckless stupidity we have in this country. I think early 2023 would be more of a safe bet.

:yeshrug:
If you dont think every state but California and New York wont be 100% by summer 2021 (june-august) then I dont know what to tell you..

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
What you just posted doesn’t contradict anything I just said. It actually supports it. I never said we’d get rid of it, I said get it under control. We haven’t gotten rid of the flu either, but I’d say that it’s under control. We need to slow the spread in order to increase our ability to respond to changes and mutations. If the mutations happen too fast, we reduce our ability to effectively counteract its effects. Simply put... it’s much easier to handle 1 variant than it is to handle 3 variants.

What you don't seem to grasp is that the severity between the flu and Covid on a human body are drastically different, that is what I am talking about. The flu is a well known virus, so creating vaccines from antibodies (produced within the body) is relatively easy to reduce/ produce the effectiveness of a vaccine. Covid on the other hand has strands that constantly change into different formations (shapes), which don't look like the prior versions. That is what makes the difference between these two viruses. And that is why Covid most likely will never go away. Had people interacted the same way as is done during a flu season, the number of deaths would have been much larger. So yeah, distancing played part in reducing the spread.

But there appears to be antibodies in some African populations, which makes them less susceptible for Covid.

HLA, Immune Response, and Susceptibility to COVID-19

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
If you dont think every state but California and New York wont be 100% by summer 2021 (june-august) then I dont know what to tell you..
I just don't see it happening for any state this year or by next early 2022 :yeshrug: I'm just not confident enough (yet) that the rest of the country will do what's necessary to make all this work that quickly.

Of course states will eventually reopen before 2022 or 2023 but far as restoring a sense of comfortability in the air I just don't see that happening until early 2023 or at best late 2022 :yeshrug:.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I just don't see it happening for any state this year or by next early 2022 :yeshrug: I'm just not confident enough (yet) that the rest of the country will do what's necessary to make all this work that quickly.

Of course states will eventually reopen before 2022 or 2023 but far as restoring a sense of comfortability in the air I just don't see that happening until early 2023 or at best late 2022 :yeshrug:.
Nevada opens 100% on May 1st. Texas, Mississippi, Massachusetts and Michigan announced 100% this week. What do you mean you dont see states opening up this year? They already are. Marquee and Drais will be wall to wall packed cinco de mayo weekend.

Bars/lounges reopen in the bay area this weekend. Chicago went from 25 to 50% capacity this week. Florida and Georgia are basically 100% operating.

I think your mind set is a little dated. The country isnt going through a lock down this summer.

ive already bought discounted ticket packages for San Francisco Giants games this year for my parents. The same Giants that had no fans in stands in 2020 been advertising tickets heavy this year.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
I can't even tell what you're arguing. There's extensive data on exactly how effective the vaccines are, that's no secret or anything. And absolutely nothing, not any vaccine nor even infection with the virus, is going to be 100% effective - but that's not necessary for herd immunity.

The claim that the increase in deaths last year was "on par with recent years" is a total, utter lie. Most years deaths go up by around 30,000 this year they went up by over 500,000.

And the articles I linked told you the increasing death rate, not just total deaths, but I'm sure you didn't read any of them.

This was back before most of the deaths from the winter surge were even counted:

US deaths in 2020 top 3 million, by far most ever counted

Preliminary US death statistics show over 3.1 million total deaths in 2020—at least 12% more deaths than in 2019

That was right there in the articles I already linked. But you stay ignorant.
Death rate went up 1 point:francis:

When it had dropped a point or increased a point other years in the past , with no pandemic.

Devastating :ehh:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
If masks work so well why are people getting sick constantly? I’m talking people who won’t go anywhere without a mask. These people are still getting sick.
They wont answer this.
Or they will provide anecdotal information.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Misinformation spreading moron. No doctors ever said masks protect you from COVID. They’ve always said it was about protecting others. Republicans states opened because they’re a literal death cult and that’s it. FOH

New York is a Democratic state and Cuomo ordered infected elderly people into care homes infecting other elderly people and killing them. That's a death cult. This is not misinformation.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I already metally prepared myself that shyt wont be the same untill 2023 the earliest. Yall should do the same thing to keep your sanity
I mean even if the First World is “okay”, we still got to get India, Guatemala( Latin America) and Eastern block countries that can’t afford sky high vaccines prices to be vaccinated.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Death rate went up 1 point:francis:

When it had dropped a point or increased a point other years in the past , with no pandemic.

Devastating :ehh:
The death rate went up 12%, that's a MASSIVE jump, that's over 500,000 extra deaths breh. :snoop:

And those articles told you straight up that big a one-year jump hadn't happened since WW1 but you ignored that part.

And that wasn't even with a full year of the pandemic either. Once you factor in another 100,000+ deaths in Jan and Feb of this year the jump is even bigger.

You went all the way from "there was no difference this year" to "literally the biggest jump in death rate in our lifetime is no big deal".

Black life expectancy dropped by three years and you think that's not a big deal.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/lif...ican-males-dropped-by-3-years-in-2020.832676/