Dr. Fauci: dont think we will be Back to 100% Normal by March 2022

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is this a surprise?

With covid-19, people actually started washing their hands regularly, staying away from others, stopped shaking hands, kissing, hugging, practiced social distancing = a incredible decrease in the regular flu.

I mean....this isn't exactly rocket science

Ok. If that worked so well with the flu, why not covid? Ain't it a virus too? Or does washing hands and social distance only stop the flu virus?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If masks work so well why are people getting sick constantly? I’m talking people who won’t go anywhere without a mask. These people are still getting sick.
They wont answer this.
Or they will provide anecdotal information.
He gives a hypothetical anecdotal example and you bytch that someone might reply anecdotally. :mjlol:

His claim is ignorant as saying "if seatbelts work why do people still die in car crashes?" or "if helmets work then why do football players still get concussions?"

No one has ever said masks are perfect. They slightly reduce your chance of getting infected and they heavily reduce your chance of infecting others. I already showed you how mask discipline in Japan is a big reason they've been able to keep their lockdowns lighter than ours.

There are plenty of studies that show evidence that masks are working, even if the common sense of it has completely failed you.

An evidence review of face masks against Covid-19

Community use of face masks and Covid-19: Evidence from a natural experiment

New Study Highlights New Evidence That Masks Prevent Coronavirus Spread – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic

Mask-wearing and control of SARS-COV-2 transmission in the United States

Face masks: what the data say

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wrong? This dude is like a women that needs a new purse every week.
And yet the only example y'all have given of that turned out to be a lie.

Scientists adjust their recommendations based on the evidence, but the general understanding had been pretty stable once we got past the first month or two. Meanwhile, I've caught you getting the basic facts wrong and changing your argument numerous times in this thread, yet you won't let the evidence affect your beliefs at all.

Daps
What you don't seem to grasp is that the severity between the flu and Covid on a human body are drastically different, that is what I am talking about. The flu is a well known virus, so creating vaccines from antibodies (produced within the body) is relatively easy to reduce/ produce the effectiveness of a vaccine. Covid on the other hand has strands that constantly change into different formations (shapes), which don't look like the prior versions. That is what makes the difference between these two viruses. And that is why Covid most likely will never go away. Had people interacted the same way as is done during a flu season, the number of deaths would have been much larger. So yeah, distancing played part in reducing the spread.

But there appears to be antibodies in some African populations, which makes them less susceptible for Covid.

HLA, Immune Response, and Susceptibility to COVID-19
Again. None of this changes my point. You want me to not understand something that I completely understand. None of that changes the fact that if more variants develop before we get the original strain under control (which we seemed to be on the brink of doing) we will be left to handle more of the complex and difficult to control variants, counteracting our progress.

The fact that it’ll be more difficult to control than the flu has little to do with my point. Different viruses are going to have different degrees of dangerousness. Fine. But the principle of how to get them under control does not change in the early stages, regardless of the varying degrees of efficacy based on how quickly these viruses mutate.

Edit: I am not the person you originally quoted expecting COVID to be “done.” I agree COVID is NOT going to disappear. I originally quoted you because I think from the way we generally deal with viruses, done doesn’t necessarily mean, gone... instead it just means that it becomes a minimal threat and we can handle the changes to come every year through things like mutations. I think COVID is probably here to stay for a while. But what we do now determines how much it affects our lives in the years to come.

Last edited:
Daps
New York is a Democratic state and Cuomo ordered infected elderly people into care homes infecting other elderly people and killing them. That's a death cult. This is not misinformation.

Cuomo is a fukking Neolib and worked behind the back of the states democrats to strip them of power in the New York Senate. Eat dikk you dumb misinformed piece of shyt. This shyt is killing black people at a higher rate than any other people and c*nts like you going around shooting your cocksucker off with misinformation helps nothing. fukk you

I hope you get it and it fukking kills you a$$hole. I'm sick of you morons, and I'm sick of people dying because of morons like you. Y'all should be ones paying the price for this shyt.

If you're not doctor just shut up and stop acting you know more. You fukking don't, jesus christ.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
The death rate went up 12%, that's a MASSIVE jump, that's over 500,000 extra deaths breh. :snoop:

And those articles told you straight up that big a one-year jump hadn't happened since WW1 but you ignored that part.

And that wasn't even with a full year of the pandemic either. Once you factor in another 100,000+ deaths in Jan and Feb of this year the jump is even bigger.

You went all the way from "there was no difference this year" to "literally the biggest jump in death rate in our lifetime is no big deal".

Black life expectancy dropped by three years and you think that's not a big deal.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/lif...ican-males-dropped-by-3-years-in-2020.832676/

You talk about the 500,000 deaths but how many of those were near death to begin with. It does attack the elderly and people with poor health mostly. In Canada most of the deaths were in long term care homes.
Cuomo is a fukking Neolib and worked behind the back of the states democrats to strip them of power in the New York Senate. Eat dikk you dumb misinformed piece of shyt. This shyt is killing black people at a higher rate than any other people and c*nts like you going around shooting your cocksucker off with misinformation helps nothing. fukk you

I hope you get it and it fukking kills you a$$hole. I'm sick of you morons, and I'm sick of people dying because of morons like you. Y'all should be ones paying the price for this shyt.

If you're not doctor just shut up and stop acting you know more. You fukking don't, jesus christ.

I get it so when the Democrats fukk up it's because they're NeoLibs okay I get it now. And of course people like me are the reason why blacks are dying. It has nothing to do with inequality in America or it's poor health care system. Sweden didn't lockdown, they seem fine.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
And yet the only example y'all have given of that turned out to be a lie.

Scientists adjust their recommendations based on the evidence, but the general understanding had been pretty stable once we got past the first month or two. Meanwhile, I've caught you getting the basic facts wrong and changing your argument numerous times in this thread, yet you won't let the evidence affect your beliefs at all.

Let me ask you something. Why is Dr. Fauci's opinion the only opinion we should follow. Other doctors and scientists disagree with him and they're called quacks or are censored. Many doctors have said the lockdowns don't work and we need a different strategy but Fauci is the guy to listen too. Any ya I know Dr. Fauci never supported lockdowns.

Last edited:
Daps
You talk about the 500,000 deaths but how many of those were near death to begin with. It does attack the elderly and people with poor health mostly. In Canada most of the deaths were in long term care homes.

I get it so when the Democrats fukk up it's because they're NeoLibs okay I get it now. And of course people like me are the reason why blacks are dying. It has nothing to do with inequality in America or it's poor health care system. Sweden didn't lockdown, they seem fine.

You're not a doctor you don't matter, and if you had a brain you'd realize that not Democrat is the fukking same. Trying to use someone Cuomo is far closer in ideology to Republicans as an example is such a dumb thing to do. But you're dumb so it doesn't surprise me. Cause apparently Cori Bush and Cuomo are the same kind of politician because they share a party. You're either a paste eating moron or a troll.

I honestly think you're a right wing troll/Cac because you sound like a Fox News person

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
You're not a doctor you don't matter, and if you had a brain you'd realize that not Democrat is the fukking same. Trying to use someone Cuomo is far closer in ideology to Republicans as an example is such a dumb thing to do. But you're dumb so it doesn't surprise me. Cause apparently Cori Bush and Cuomo are the same kind of politician because they share a party. You're either a paste eating moron or a troll.

I honestly think you're a right wing troll/Cac because you sound like a Fox News person

You support lockdowns so I think you're a cac liberal communist. You're not a doctor either and I've spoken to a few doctors who disagree with the lockdowns. So you know I don't vote period.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Lawd jesus, bless em. Covid 19 is airborne because it travels through the aerosol moisture droplets in the air.

Masks help to filter those droplets from spreading even farther. Same reason we cover our nose & mouth when we sneeze.

Air can still pass through, you wont suffocate but it will catch the moisture droplets.

Flu cases are down because it doesnt spread as easily as COVID-19 and thanks to masks and other COVID precautions/preventive measures

For this reason alone, i will wear a mask until the sun runs out of yoga flames.

The crazy thing regarding the normalization of masks; signed up to LA Fitness last night and they needed to take a photo for entry/membership purposes.

What was crazy is that i had to option to keep my mask on to take the image. WTF?!

How are you supposed to differentiate workout patrons? LOL.

It's so slow they really dont give a damn.