Dr Marcus Garvey Jr. The Arab Slave Trade

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Blackking, I don't really give a shyt about anything you said here. I know for a fact that imperialism, colonialism, wars, etc are part of human history. Dominant groups have always done this to inferior groups.

My problem is when you, and I'm talking specifically about you, focus on one evil (European-based) and ignore the one that came from the people of your prophet.

Islam and the Caliphates were the British Empire and America of their day. They didn't just spread their philosophical ideology, they also spread their culture, language, etc..

To deny this is being absolutely biased.
I never ignored it. I take a different angle when discussing it with hypocrites like TWSIM. Look at his statements on religion and black people, and urban black people and how "Its the Africans fault for allowing slavery." :discusting:

I'm not going to cry and wine to a Palestinian about "y aren't you talking about so n so who oppressed you"... "why do you focus on Israeli oppression that still effects you" .

If I was speaking to 'real', unbiased people the conversation would go differently. Only then could I discuss the details of world imperialism and Arab conquest. I don't randomly bring up European based slavery. I don't make threads on that shyt. I only talk about it in context of something that is already being discussed, like Western colonization, social stigmas that stemmed from that, current black mental brainwashing from translantic slavery, etc. At those times, its appropriate to bring up European imperialism.
If some muthafukkas who first claim that there is no such thing as race, then diss religion every damn chance they get, then criticize black youth, then talk should about Islam and blacks who practice it........ If that fake person randomly wants to talk shyt about black Muslims and Arab slavery - I know for a fact that that person is fake as fukk, so I adjust the angle in which I speak from.

If one of my brothers wanted to talk about Arab slavery then I would simply discuss the cruelties of it.

It's as simple as that.... if you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you. It's the way I am... it's the way most people I know are. Please note that nothing done in history is ignored by me.. but I'm not going to fall into the trap of fake dikkheads, period.

Brothas I know aren't about to discuss "nikkas" around white coworkers. They will discuss that ignorant shyt and the effects on the community around other blacks. It only makes since this way.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Who said that black people need to be universely following anything, the only universal "religion" that I would suggest is the religion of individual freedom, economic freedom and education

These are all abstract concepts without a vehicle with which to make them realities.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Freedom is an abstract concept :heh: ok

Islam is a vehicle to make the concepts of a desert tribe reality, which is why it belongs in the garbage

everybody wants to be free, how are you going to get there though? you don't like Islam, I get it. but forget about religion for a sec. you have all these lofty goals without any tangible ways to go about achieving them. why should anybody take you seriously? you can toss around phrases like "desert tribe reality" all you want, but all you're really doing is peddling garbage.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
everybody wants to be free, how are you going to get there though? you don't like Islam, I get it. but forget about religion for a sec. you have all these lofty goals without any tangible ways to go about achieving them. why should anybody take you seriously? you can toss around phrases like "desert tribe reality" all you want, but all you're really doing is peddling garbage.

well not everybody wants to be free, some people want to be a slave to jesus or to allah

but the answer to your question is that you get freedom by writing a constitution and a legal system based on freedom and then enforcing those the law

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
So then what is? What way of life should black people be universally following?

people can choose w/e religion/culture they want as long as it's based on knowledge, wisdom, understanding & freedom, justice and equality. Anything otherwise is destructive...which they can also choose to go with if they decide too.

A muslim, a christian, a jew, a buddhist, a 5%er etc who all teach that god is within and not outside of man is a part of that small group(5%) that's either living or striving for peace.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
people can choose w/e religion/culture they want as long as it's based on knowledge, wisdom, understanding & freedom, justice and equality. Anything otherwise is destructive...which they can also choose to go with if they decide too.

A muslim, a christian, a jew, a buddhist, a 5%er etc who all teach that god is within and not outside of man is a part of that small group(5%) that's either living or striving for peace.

You forgot to mention atheist. Aren't they included?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Q Tip on Islam:
"I think everyone should just be allowed to believe what they want to believe, as long as they don't transgress against the next person. It doesn't make a difference what you are." Davis became Kamaal Ibn John Fareed in 1996, and remains Muslim today. "I read the Koran and it appealed to me. At the time I was agnostic and it really breathed spiritually back into me," Q says of his conversion to Islam. "For me it's really a cushion, it's cool, I'm cool with it."

I guess he's c00nin out. He loves arabs. A tribe called Quest was destructive to our communities. Lupe Fiasco and Busta Rhymes should be banned as well.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Q Tip on Islam:
"I think everyone should just be allowed to believe what they want to believe, as long as they don't transgress against the next person. It doesn't make a difference what you are." Davis became Kamaal Ibn John Fareed in 1996, and remains Muslim today. "I read the Koran and it appealed to me. At the time I was agnostic and it really breathed spiritually back into me," Q says of his conversion to Islam. "For me it's really a cushion, it's cool, I'm cool with it."

I guess he's c00nin out. He loves arabs. A tribe called Quest was destructive to our communities. Lupe Fiasco and Busta Rhymes should be banned as well.

So who in this thread said that any black person who chooses to be a Muslim is a c00n? :snoop:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
And when it comes to business I follow the America capitalist model which focuses on education and technology

First off.. The American capitalist model doesn't focus on Education... ARE you serious??? At least not education for the masses, especially not for the lower classes.

American capitalism focuses on Materialism.. and materialism is destructive to our communities. Most poor blacks want a come up; they want the America fake ass dream like everyone else. Our media and government focuses on the stock market and big businesses to determine the health of our economy. We place a higher value on saving banks and promoting war than funding adequate education. This effects everyone of every race. Black people are so focused and caught up with this fake dream that they confuse materialism with seeking wealth. American brand capitalism promotes these ideas.

Killin fields need blood to graze the cash cow
It's a number game, but shyt don't add up somehow
Like I got, sixteen to thirty-two bars to rock it
but only 15% of profits, ever see my pockets like
sixty-nine billion in the last twenty years
spent on national defense but folks still live in fear like
nearly half of America's largest cities is one-quarter black

-Mos Def

And I feel black people need more than- to just focus on a romanticized view of economics and America.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So who in this thread said that any black person who chooses to be a Muslim is a c00n? :snoop:

Twism has implied it in the past. Other HL/KTL posters have str8 up said it. Also, Specifically for Black Americans the point that's emphasized is .... that they need to through "Islam in the bushes". ... for various reasons.. all of which lead to the post that ur responding to.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Twism has implied it in the past. Other HL/KTL posters have str8 up said it. Also, Specifically for Black Americans the point that's emphasized is .... that they need to through "Islam in the bushes". ... for various reasons.. all of which lead to the post that ur responding to.

i havent implied anything, what ive said directly is that i think Christianity and Islam are garbage religions and are essentially the same thing but i also said i believe in freedom of religion and i respect people's choices and i think that discussion of religion should be more of a philosophical discussion than a racial discussion

my real beef with religion is when people start spreading lies, like you saying that muslims were the only ones that stood up to slavery or they start interfering with individual freedom which islam is prone to do