Tha Land

Done.

Dope game, probably top 5 for me this gen :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I been busy so I haven't been able to play but I finally made it to the end game and I'm super over leveled.

I think games should scale with your level, it would solve this problem across the board.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I been busy so I haven't been able to play but I finally made it to the end game and I'm super over leveled.

I think games should scale with your level, it would solve this problem across the board.

Fred.

Yeah it would fix a lot of the problems especially with NG+.
Once you start getting into the 40s the challenge drops quickly, and even though 1 wasn't super difficult it was overall harder than 2 to me especially end game.

We don't have some of harder challenges like the cockatrice and all the various drakes from 1 (I would say hydras too but they were easy).

• Dap
Reactions: hex

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Fred.
idk, because then you also lose the concept of being under-leveled. there's a certain satisfaction of coming back and whooping enemies asses, when they were giving you trouble before. what's the point of leveling up your character and equipment, if it's not gonna give you some sort of advantage?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
idk, because then you also lose the concept of being under-leveled. there's a certain satisfaction of coming back and whooping enemies asses, when they were giving you trouble before. what's the point of leveling up your character and equipment, if it's not gonna give you some sort of advantage?

You want to feel progression but not to the point that the game is a cake walk.

Nothing in this game has posed a threat in about 20+ levels. The Unmoored World should've been opened around half way through the game. It's unfair to compare this game to Bitterblack Isle because that was DLC but around the time you became over leveled in the first game you could go to Bitterblack Isle which carried you through to the level cap. That doesn't exist yet in 2.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Nothing in this game has posed a threat in about 20+ levels. The Unmoored World should've been opened around half way through the game. It's unfair to compare this game to Bitterblack Isle because that was DLC but around the time you became over leveled in the first game you could go to Bitterblack Isle which carried you through to the level cap. That doesn't exist yet in 2.

Fred.

The problem with this game is they essentially stop making the enemies stronger after a certain point. Like The griffins and mini-bosses don’t have more high level variants to fight at higher levels. They don’t gotta do enemy scaling they just need more challening enemies but since variety is already piss poor its just amounts to giving them more health bars.

When just one of your characters can easily deplete 2-3 health bars of a mini boss its like, ok what are we even doing at this point?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The problem with this game is they essentially stop making the enemies stronger after a certain point. Like The griffins and mini-bosses don’t have more high level variants to fight at higher levels. They don’t gotta do enemy scaling they just need more challening enemies but since variety is already piss more its just amounts to giving them more health bars.

They do have higher level variants (the Gore versions, which were originally in Bitterblack Isle in the 1st game) but you were probably so over leveled you didn't even notice. :dead:

Don't get me wrong the game is dope but it suffers from the same issue a lot of modern RPGs do, which is level progression is uneven as hell.

Fred.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Fred.
I just think the leveling should have been slowed down.

I agree with the idea of getting stronger, and feeling powerful over time.

It was very compelling to fight my way up to be able to beat some of the bosses.

I just think that happened to soon during my play through.

Once you are able to beat a Dragon, there’s no real motivation to keep getting stronger.

Would have been better if they balanced the game to make you need to be at least level 35-40 to actually beat a dragon.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The Unmoored World should've been opened around half way through the game.
I definitely agree with this. I'm there now, and I'm just ready to finish the game, not explore areas that were underwater before. plus there's a sense of urgency in the quests

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just think the leveling should have been slowed down.

I agree with the idea of getting stronger, and feeling powerful over time.

It was very compelling to fight my way up to be able to beat some of the bosses.

I just think that happened to soon during my play through.

Once you are able to beat a Dragon, there’s no real motivation to keep getting stronger.

Would have been better if they balanced the game to make you need to be at least level 35-40 to actually beat a dragon.

Another thing they changed for no reason, in the first game killing a dragon had a chance to upgrade your gear to Dragonforged.

So even if you didn't need to kill dragons for EXP, there was an incentive to keep farming them. There's no reason to keep killing them in 2. You only need....I think 15 dragon crystals to advance the story and by the time you're in Unmoored World you're swimming in them.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Another thing they changed for no reason, in the first game killing a dragon had a chance to upgrade your gear to Dragonforged.

So even if you didn't need to kill dragons for EXP, there was an incentive to keep farming them. There's no reason to keep killing them in 2. You only need....I think 15 dragon crystals to advance the story and by the time you're in Unmoored World you're swimming in them.

Fred.

I was mad about that change in Dragonforged gear (and the graphic effect for dragonforged gear in this is meh).

It was so dope stumbling upon it in the first game, barely surviving a fight with a drake and wondering what that icon meant, then realizing what happened....Yeah we're fighting all dragons now. Oh yeah, and nothing close to a Ur-dragon in this to keep us busy at the end.

The last silly change was to the armor system. I don't feel like we have more armor due to so many being restricted by their classes and not being able to mix and match the parts as much as we could in 1.

I enjoyed the heck out the game but I was disappointed