Dragon's Dogma 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Jmare007

This is going to be based on the first game but the two seem relatively similar.

1. Whatever Vocation you choose, make your main Pawn the opposite. I usually make my Pawn a mage and let it heal.

2. Make your party have a good mix of mage, melee, and ranged attacks.

3. Magick Archer was over powered in the first game, and judging by the previews of this game, the trend seems to have continued. Just putting it out there.

It's an Advanced Vocation but it's good to have a goal in mind.

4. This isn't a normal video game where you can run around all willy nilly. Treat this shyt like you're really going camping. Make sure you have adequate supplies or you're gonna be in for a bad time. Also, things (food, plants, etc.) spoil in this game so be sure to either use them quickly or have air right containers to preserve them.

Also, as far as supplies, load any extra shyt you have onto the other Pawns. The weight system (similar to "Dark Souls", but worse) in this game isn't very forgiving.

5. DO NOT F*CK AROUND AT NIGHT. It gets dark as fukk (literally, you can't see 5 feet in front of you) and using a lantern attracts crazy shyt. So avoid traveling at night unless you're ready for whatever.

6. Have fun.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
^

@Jmare007

5. DO NOT F*CK AROUND AT NIGHT. It gets dark as fukk (literally, you can't see 5 feet in front of you) and using a lantern attracts crazy shyt. So avoid traveling at night unless you're ready for whatever.

I’d also like to add to this carry extra oil with you.

Nothing like thinking you’re good cause all your pawns have lanterns equipped & a 1/4 way into your trip the lanterns start flickering

end up trying to wait out the night in a spot you thought was safe…for 5 mins…but all the sudden you see is glowing eyes :lupe:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watching reviews now....

The Fextralife review said the end game is similar to the 1st game, which was fukking phenomenal. Towards the end of 1 it turned into an entirely different game. I put like 250 hours into 1, and I'd say 150 of that was in The Everfall/Bitterblack Isle.

Fred.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Hoping this 3080 can hold up for now, not trying to buy a new card until closer to gta6 :mjcry:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Watching reviews now....

The Fextralife review said the end game is similar to the 1st game, which was fukking phenomenal. Towards the end of 1 it turned into an entirely different game. I put like 250 hours into 1, and I'd say 150 of that was in The Everfall/Bitterblack Isle.

Fred.

I’m hoping we get something like that Dark Arisen/Bitterblack Isle dlc for this one.

Nothing like going from barely surviving and running from Death :damn:

to farming Daimon :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
1. Whatever Vocation you choose, make your main Pawn the opposite. I usually make my Pawn a mage and let it heal.

giphy.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The party has 4 people, there's some good Pawns out there but at the very least you need damage and healing covered.

It was far easier to handle that yourself than hoping a borrowed Pawn would have the inclination to heal you when you needed it.

Granted, the AI is probably better in 2 but I'm using the same strategy. It's just one less thing to worry about.

Fred.