Dragon's Dogma 2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The party has 4 people, there's some good Pawns out there but at the very least you need damage and healing covered.

It was far easier to handle that yourself than hoping a borrowed Pawn would have the inclination to heal you when you needed it.

Granted, the AI is probably better in 2 but I'm using the same strategy. It's just one less thing to worry about.

Fred.

So what should i do for my two starter characters? I was gonna make a brute type sword fighter and an old wizard guy, but finding out i need someone to haul loot Should i make big catset? :patrice:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So what should i do for my two starter characters? I was gonna make a brute type sword fighter and an old wizard guy, but finding out i need someone to haul loot Should i make big catset? :patrice:

I know I said weight is important but you don't have to micromanage it to that degree.

4 Pawns of any type are fine to carry whatever. I more so meant you need to be mindful and spread it among the other 3, than carry everything yourself.

Fred.

Flexington

All Star
Daps

I think that Fighter/Mage vocation combo is good to start with
Fighter is the only vocation with a shield/blocking so it may be good to start with while getting used to the combat/controls

Mage for your pawn as @hex said it's much easier to control what healing/buffs spells your team has access to via your mage pawn instead of taking random pawns and hoping. Then to be safe fill at least one of the pawn roles with one that can do some ranged damage.

Later on once know what you want you can get creative with the hiring.
I think you could filter/search for pawns based on skills equipped/level/inclination/etc so you can get pretty specific. Comes in handy when trying to get another sorcerer with the same spell(s) so they can sync spell casting, or if you're looking for a fighter that will tank/aggro more than the average.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
@Jmare007

This is going to be based on the first game but the two seem relatively similar.

1. Whatever Vocation you choose, make your main Pawn the opposite. I usually make my Pawn a mage and let it heal.

2. Make your party have a good mix of mage, melee, and ranged attacks.

3. Magick Archer was over powered in the first game, and judging by the previews of this game, the trend seems to have continued. Just putting it out there.

It's an Advanced Vocation but it's good to have a goal in mind.

4. This isn't a normal video game where you can run around all willy nilly. Treat this shyt like you're really going camping. Make sure you have adequate supplies or you're gonna be in for a bad time. Also, things (food, plants, etc.) spoil in this game so be sure to either use them quickly or have air right containers to preserve them.

Also, as far as supplies, load any extra shyt you have onto the other Pawns. The weight system (similar to "Dark Souls", but worse) in this game isn't very forgiving.

5. DO NOT F*CK AROUND AT NIGHT. It gets dark as fukk (literally, you can't see 5 feet in front of you) and using a lantern attracts crazy shyt. So avoid traveling at night unless you're ready for whatever.

6. Have fun.

Fred.
:wow:

Repped, thanks breh

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This might be the game for the franchise that mainstream catches up on a becomes a hit series for Capcom

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
This game plans to unlock in approximately 23 hours
30360a4b0e92d446707925a9e08d7274.gif

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
This might be the game for the franchise that mainstream catches up on a becomes a hit series for Capcom
It deserves it too

DD1 was such a gem, but because it released damn near immediately after darky souls 1 and Skyrim it just got left off the hype train

But us faithfuls knew for a decade this series is GOAT potential, this deserves the same love monster hunter gets

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You watched the whole video?

This lame is so muthafukkin boring lol. First five minutes he’s already complaining too much get this fakkit outta here:camby:

Duck if I was you I wouldn’t fukk with that channel.

The last video was informative and it was one of the few reviews i found that tested all 3 platforms