satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:heh: What does it say about this album that "Knife Talk" ended up being the biggest overall hit from this album?

To me it says that either there were bad single choices OR the album lacked big crossover smash hits like the "Scorpion" & "Views" albums had.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
:heh: What does it say about this album that "Knife Talk" ended up being the biggest overall hit from this album?

To me it says that either there were bad single choices OR the album lacked a big crossover smash hits like the "Scorpion" & "Views" albums did.
You’re thinking of Honestly Nevermind lmao. But you’re right, that album was weak as hell when it comes to radio type singles.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
You’re thinking of Honestly Nevermind lmao. But you’re right, that album was weak as hell when it comes to radio type singles.

Yeah, CLB is definitely an album for Drake fans :manny:

I love the album but I’m a Drake fan so I know fr

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

To me it says that either there were bad single choices OR the album lacked big crossover smash hits like the "Scorpion" & "Views" albums had.

LOL. No, I'm definitely thinking about CLB. "Honestly, Nevermind" being a commercial disappointment for completely different reasons.

What did y'all think about "Way 2 Sexy"? When the music video originally dropped I assumed that would big next big Drake smash hit.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
LOL. No, I'm definitely thinking about CLB. "Honestly, Nevermind" being a commercial disappointment for completely different reasons.

What did y'all think "Way 2 Sexy"? When the music video originally dropped I assumed that would big next big Drake smash hit.
Oh wow you’re right, I was getting Knife Talk mixed up with Jimmy Crooks :laff:

Way 2 Sexy was such a forced single though. The video was so over the top and people were trying to hype it as an anthem or something like Jumpman or Big Rings and it wasn’t that at all.

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
This album definitely grew on me. Been been playing a lot of Drake lately…

Race My Mind, N 2 Deep, Girls Want Girls, Pipe Down, Yebbas Heartbreak, You Only Live Twice, Fair Trade and Champagne Poetry are my favorites off the album.

Way 2 Sexy should be used for torturing terrorists in Gitmo, fukking awful song. Knife Talk sucks too, the whole song felt way too lazy to me. Both of those songs felt out of place in the album…Way 2 Sexy was definitely thrown in there for TikTok appeal.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
This album definitely grew on me. Been been playing a lot of Drake lately…

Race My Mind, N 2 Deep, Girls Want Girls, Pipe Down, Yebbas Heartbreak, You Only Live Twice, Fair Trade and Champagne Poetry are my favorites off the album.

Way 2 Sexy should be used for torturing terrorists in Gitmo, fukking awful song. Knife Talk sucks too, the whole song felt way too lazy to me. Both of those songs felt out of place in the album…Way 2 Sexy was definitely thrown in there for TikTok appeal.
Now imagine if he kept the scary hour 2 singles for this album :whoo:

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
Now imagine if he kept the scary hour 2 singles for this album :whoo:
Yeah…take out Way 2 Sexy and make Lemon Pepper Freestyle the track right before The Remorse (though I could see that might be too many contemplative raps back to back though :pachaha:). And replace Knife Talk with Wants and Needs, vibe is pretty close and the hook fits with the albums theme too.

:salute: