Duke University ENDS full-ride scholarship program for select Black students in wake of affirmative action ruling

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I understand that, my thing is as a black athlete you have some power, and I understand it’s a lot to ask from 18 year olds but still we have to stop this continuing cycle of colleges where athletes is the only black people there
Grant Hill and em did just that. They protested and wanted more Blacks on campus. It worked. So many programs came about like the Reggie, Melinda Gates, etc

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I understand that, my thing is as a black athlete you have some power, and I understand it’s a lot to ask from 18 year olds but still we have to stop this continuing cycle of colleges where athletes is the only black people there
athletes are entertainers, not societal leaders and architects of systems.

If anything, we should have stopped leaning on a chance to go pro a LONG time ago

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Stephen Miller et al want to remove even things like zip-codes and ancestry as a qualifier or proxy for race :francis:

Stephen Miller warns schools of lawsuits if they ignore Supreme Court affirmative action ruling

he needs to be slapped. only 38 and lookin like he's 50.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Coach K should come out and speak against it. His words would have impact.

All the Black Duke Legends (And white ones honsestly) who don't support the shyt should come out against it.
It would take more than Coach K. That said, he would help.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

If pics like this are taken in 2025
it's going to be sad.

Time for the brothers to take their talent elsewhere
iu

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
athletes are entertainers, not societal leaders and architects of systems.

If anything, we should have stopped leaning on a chance to go pro a LONG time ago
Athletes have the potential to be societal leaders like anybody else but that’s not what I’m saying for them to do

Stop aiding these institutions who openly shyt on black people, it’s thousands of colleges in the country

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
@#1 pick
Matter of fact black professors and coaches need to leave these schools alone too
These schools matter as well for Blacks. Their network, endowment, budget for research. Duke has a renowned African American study program. You on the outside might not think much of it but the Blacks within Duke have created a masterful intellectual safe space at an institution where their founders were occultist and I've seen everything there. Even the stuff no one else can see because of my connections.

There are a lot of Black Americans there. Heck, I think Sandy Darity is at Duke.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
These schools matter as well for Blacks. Their network, endowment, budget for research. Duke has a renowned African American study program. You on the outside might not think much of it but the Blacks within Duke have created a masterful intellectual safe space at an institution where their founders were occultist and I've seen everything there. Even the stuff no one else can see because of my connections.

There are a lot of Black Americans there. Heck, I think Sandy Darity is at Duke.
Emory has an insane amount of African american archives :dead: