Dunkirk sitting at 93% on Rottentomatoes is why ill never follow review scores ever again

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Also Rotten Tomatoes scores are very arbitrary. Its only a score that tells you the percentage of critics of who gave it a positive/semi-positive review. If you want an actual calculated store, check Metacritic which averages the scores reviewers give the movie. I'm starting to hate it when people quote Rotten Tomatoes scores like that's not the most general indication of a movie's quality ever. It's the same as asking people thumbs up or thumbs down and making a percentage out of that

Rotten Tomatoes does the same thing

d9Be79b.png

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but obviously that's not what people look @ on the website and what they refer to when talking about the "Rotten Tomatoes score"
I'm just saying they don't have to go to metacritic to get that. Just look down half an inch.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What would you prefer this summer?

The 4th movie in the Despicable Me franchise? The 5th Pirates movies? Transformers 5? The 6th Spider-man movie? The 9th Planet of the Apes movie?

Nolan bringing us originals every 3-4 summers :ahh:
I prefer good movies over bad movies, regardless of whether they are "original" or not. You just prove that "original" is nothing more than a false merit of artistry used by plebs who lack true insight.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was starting to be that franchise but very big drop off from 2 to 3.

I disagree. I think one bump doesn't mean it was starting to be that. It was an outlier. It's always made money and been successful but its never been a billion dollar thing or anywhere close to it.

Dawn is an outlier at $710 million

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I disagree. I think one bump doesn't mean it was starting to be that. It was an outlier. It's always made money and been successful but its never been a billion dollar thing or anywhere close to it.

Yeah dawn tore it up and seemed to be getting more popular, huge drop off.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

No one said anything about a billion but Rise made 481 ww and Dawn 710 as you said.

Not that I expected War to make a billy, but to make way less than even rise is odd

I'll blame the shytty release date. Sandwiched between Spiderman and Dunkirk was retarded. August is a dead zone this year box office wise

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I prefer good movies over bad movies, regardless of whether they are "original" or not. You just prove that "original" is nothing more than a false merit of artistry used by plebs who lack true insight.
I liked some of the movies I mentioned, but I'll gladly take all of Nolan's "one for me" movies no matter how polarizing they may be amongst nerds and fanboys. He's damn near our only hope for that now that Villeneuve is stuck in franchise ville

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah dawn tore it up and seemed to be getting more popular, huge drop off.

And of course no one knows why
No one said anything about a billion but Rise made 481 ww and Dawn 710 as you said.

Not that I expected War to make a billy, but to make way less than even rise is odd

I'll blame the shytty release date. Sandwiched between Spiderman and Dunkirk was retarded. August is a dead zone this year box office wise

That's one theory but who knows? There's no science to it. Hell one of my theories is after the election we just had and the tone of the country now, the apes series may be too much of a downer at this point. Like I said it will probably find a bigger life on home video but the country isn't in the best state right now. A heady dark movie probably isn't what people want right now.