Duran vs mayweather in prime at 135 who wins

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hearns won every round against Benetiz EASILY up until the 6th when he broke his hand...the fuk are you talking about :what:

He pretty much had him knocked out at the end of the 6th rd...and had him stumbling back to his corner.

This is what having "problems" with a fighter looks like

Yeah Judah landed one left hand and Floyd slipped in a gif, if those are problems

Floyd didn't even get damaged in that fight

Benetiz was landed combinations on hearns in the 8th rounds, he made Hearns think
Hearns was getting tired in the 8th round lmao, we know Mayweather don't get tired
he would break hearns down

Floyd has a longer reach to benetiz and a way better body attack

Hearns could not land on benetiz like he could on Duran, he would have a hard time landed on Floyd and his punch output would be reduced to pedestrian levels, from FLoyd's counters

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Yeah Judah landed one left hand and Floyd slipped in a gif, if those are problems

Floyd didn't even get damaged in that fight

Benetiz was landed combinations on hearns in the 8th rounds, he made Hearns think
Hearns was getting tired in the 8th round lmao, we know Mayweather don't get tired
he would break hearns down

Floyd has a longer reach to benetiz and a way better body attack

Hearns could not land on benetiz like he could on Duran, he would have a hard time landed on Floyd and his punch output would be reduced to pedestrian levels, from FLoyd's counters

Cmon bro, chillax. Floyd aint beating Hearns either man. You probably forgot when Mayweather retired when Paul Williams was in his prime at 147, fresh off of defeating prime Margarito, who Floyd also avoided and fought Tata instead.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cmon bro, chillax. Floyd aint beating Hearns either man. You probably forgot when Mayweather retired when Paul Williams was in his prime at 147, fresh off of defeating prime Margarito, who Floyd also avoided and fought Tata instead.

You forget nobody cared about Paul Williams or Margarito when Mayweather retired

Shane knocked out Prime Margarito, next

Paul Williams was never a threat to mayweather, Margarito is a fukking bum, next

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
SMDH at all you kids man.:snoop:

The Ring has been overtaken by children who think Mayweather is actually TBE :merchant:

Kids who think ROBERTO DURAN IS OVERATED CUZ HE HAS 16 LOSSES :childplease:

Babies who even entertain RJJ vs Mayweather discussions :russ:

Let me try to put this in perspective for you guys, and then I'm officially done with this thread and trying to save and educate you drowning idiots. So take a seat, lets chat :sitdown:

Duran STARTED as a FEATHERWEIGHT (126lbs) and won his first title at LIGHTWEIGHT (135lbs) and won his first 31 fights before losing. He then avenged his defeat and went 62-1. :noah:

62-1! :whew:

He then gave up his LIGHTWEIGHT (135lbs) title and moved UP TWO WEIGHT CLASSES :whoo: to WELTERWEIGHT (147lbs).

HE was 72-1 when he beat SUGAR RAY LEONARD:ohhh:

MOVED TO JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT (154lbs) AND BEAT PIPINO CUEVAS and DAVEY MOORE:wow:

MOVED TO MIDDLEWEIGHT (160lbs) and he survived 15 rounds with Hagler, at the time, the only fighter to do so. Durán was ahead on the scorecards after 12 rounds but Hagler prevailed in the last three, winning the contest. In the 21st year of his professional career, he improbably won a middleweight belt by beating Iran Barkley in 1989! :banderas:

Sadly I'm certain 90% of you are missing the magnitude of his accomplishments. Just remember theres your opinion, my opinion, and the GENERAL CONSENSUS BELIEF.

And the general consensus is Duran is the greatest lightweight of all time, and top 10 if not top 6-7 pound for pound all time. That's higher than Mayweather will EVER be ranked.

I repeat - DURAN is currently ranked HIGHER THAN MAYWEATHER. AND HE ALWAYS WILL BE.

Why? Because Roberto Duran is greater than Floyd Mayweather.

And for you doubting ass Thomases some subjective proof:

ESPN.com: ALL-TIME GREATEST BOXERS Duran ranked #6 all time

My Top Pound-for-Pound Fighters (Since 1945): Numbers 1-10 - Boxing.com cites the late great Bert Sugar's top 10, Duran #8

Experts Contemplate: Duran vs. Mayweather at Lightweight - BoxingInsider.com 5 experts for Duran, 1 for Mayweather, 2 couldn't call it

Boxing's Best: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Roberto Duran; Present vs. the Past graded both on various traits, picked Duran basically

Taking On The Four Kings: Floyd Mayweather vs Roberto Duran - Pundit Arena Duran by KO

Duran career IS overrated. I don't care how anyone tries to make his opponents seem great, they weren't. He was 72-1 against cab drivers, then you bring up Cuevas like he was really that great, while a GOOD fighter, tell us which great fighters he fought besides Hearns and Duran (both TKO losses), I'll wait.

Next, Davey Moore, a good fighter whose most noteable win before losing to Duran was...KEVIN fukking ROONEY, yes that one, so when I listed him in my earlier post I was actually being generous.

Then you went to list how he "survived"....HE LOST! Then he beat Blade, huge props for that.

Seems to me, your post is a prime example of what I mean. And overrated CAREER. And no one has proven me wrong yet. He's an all time great because he lost 90% of his most important fights? Y'all quick to post that 72-1 record, now post his record AFTER going 72-1 whe. He started fighting REAL competition . Nah, I'll do it:

31-15. And most of those fighters he fought weren't belt holders and high level fighters. Let me guess, you're going to say that he was old once he lost to SRL in 1980? Please don't.

Career overrated. Skills aren't.

And if any of you TRULY believe Duran is a greater fighter than Floyd, please log off now.

We have to learn how to separate our FAVORITES from who's better.

Last edited:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
You forget nobody cared about Paul Williams or Margarito when Mayweather retired

Shane knocked out Prime Margarito, next

Paul Williams was never a threat to mayweather, Margarito is a fukking bum, next

Huh? So nobody cared about Williams because you say so? You said I forgot- what lol? The shyt you just pulled from your ass? You just pulled it out there bro. Did YOU forget? :mjlol:
But ok ok ok nobody cared about Williams....Even though Williams was #1 in the division? :francis:

Shane knocked out Margarito, Williams beat Margarito, but Floyd didn't. That's a FACT. He retired when Williams was at 147 and came back to fight a lightweight in Marquez after Williams moved up to 160 LOL! Just like its a FACT that Floyd turned down 8 mil to fight Margarito in order to fight Baldomir for an extra dollar. BUUUUT we're gonna give Floyd credit for the wins other guys had on fighters he ducked?!?!?:what:

What part of the game is that bro? :jbhmm:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Duran career IS overrated. I don't care how anyone tries to make his opponents seem great, they weren't. He was 72-1 against cab drivers, then you bring up Cuevas like he was really that great, while a GOOD fighter, tell us which great fighters he fought besides Hearns and Duran (both TKO losses), I'll wait.

Next, Davey Moore, a good fighter whose most noteable win before losing to Duran was...KEVIN fukking ROONEY, yes that one, so when I listed him in my earlier post I was actually being generous.

Then you went to list how he "survived"....HE LOST! Then he beat Blade, huge props for that.

Seems to me, your post is a prime example of what I mean. And overrated CAREER. And no one has proven me wrong yet. He's an all time great because he lost 90% of his most important fights? Y'all quick to post that 72-1 record, now post his record AFTER going 72-1 whe. He started fighting REAL competition . Nah, I'll do it:

31-15. And most of those fighters he fought weren't belt holders and high level fighters. Let me guess, you're going to say that he was old once he lost to SRL in 1980? Please don't.

Career overrated. Skills aren't.

And if any of you TRULY believe Duran is a greater fighter than Floyd, please log off now.

We have to learn how to separate our FAVORITES from who's better.

Cuevas was great enough to get inducted into the international and world hall of fame and was great enough to get ranked #31 in the RINGS top 100 punchers of all time. :sas2:

And I guess youre gonna have to look up names like Ken Buchanan, Esteban Dejesus, Hector Thompson, Jimmy Robertson, Ishimatsu Suzuki, Leoncio Ortiz, Edwin Viruet, Ray Lampkin etc on boxrec since you don't know shyt about boxing before the 2000s. But that's okay. Stop thinking in terms of "names" and look at way he dominated the lightweight division. Then look for how long he did it- 7 years! And how did he dominate? With KOs! The best modern example I can give you is GGG- hes destroying everyone at middleweight now. If he continues destroying everyone at the weight class for the next 5 years, gets to 64-1 as a middleweight, unified titlist with a record setting bevy of consecutive title defenses, how do you think he'd be viewed? :stopitslime:

But I feel me even engaging with you in this topic is a waste of my time man. Cuz ultimately youre gonna believe what you want and I'm not gonna try to change your mind. But I feel better knowing that my opinion is amongst the majority, meaning my interpretation of things in on par with all the boxing critics, scribes, writers and media. The Associated Press ranked Duran as the greatest lightweight and the 7th greatest fighter of the 20th century in 1999. The Ring Magazine ranked Duran as the greatest lightweight of all-time in 2001. And I agree with them. So honestly bro, I'd rather have my boxing logic and understanding and knowledge be on par and match up with them instead of you cuz frankly, we know more than you. And we started watching boxing before Mayweather ever laced up gloves and before you started jerking off in them. You're the one being contrarian and calling a fighters opposition a bum or saying a fighter didn't fight "great" fighters simply because YOU don't think they are or even know who they are isn't a compelling case. If you wanna believe Duran was OVERRATED, good for you. :yeshrug:

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Cuevas was great enough to get inducted into the international and world hall of fame and was great enough to get ranked #31 in the RINGS top 100 punchers of all time. :sas2:

And I guess youre gonna have to look up names like Ken Buchanan, Esteban Dejesus, Hector Thompson, Jimmy Robertson, Ishimatsu Suzuki, Leoncio Ortiz, Edwin Viruet, Ray Lampkin etc on boxrec since you don't know shyt about boxing before the 2000s. But that's okay. Stop thinking in terms of "names" and look at way he dominated the lightweight division. Then look for how long he did it- 7 years! And how did he dominate? With KOs! The best modern example I can give you is GGG- hes destroying everyone at middleweight now. If he continues destroying everyone at the weight class for the next 5 years, gets to 64-1 as a middleweight, unified titlist with a record setting bevy of consecutive title defenses, how do you think he'd be viewed? :stopitslime:

But I feel me even engaging with you in this topic is a waste of my time man. Cuz ultimately youre gonna believe what you want and I'm not gonna try to change your mind. But I feel better knowing that my opinion is amongst the majority, meaning my interpretation of things in on par with all the boxing critics, scribes, writers and media. The Associated Press ranked Duran as the greatest lightweight and the 7th greatest fighter of the 20th century in 1999. The Ring Magazine ranked Duran as the greatest lightweight of all-time in 2001. And I agree with them. So honestly bro, I'd rather have my boxing logic and understanding and knowledge be on par and match up with them instead of you cuz frankly, we know more than you. And we started watching boxing before Mayweather ever laced up gloves and before you started jerking off in them. You're the one being contrarian and calling a fighters opposition a bum or saying a fighter didn't fight "great" fighters simply because YOU don't think they are or even know who they are isn't a compelling case. If you wanna believe Duran was OVERRATED, good for you. :yeshrug:

You started off your post on the wrong foot:ufdup:

First of all, I know all about Cuevas, so stop ACTING like you're schooling me.:stopitslime: Have you actually seen him fight before I posted his name? Be truthful. I stand by what I said about his 72-1 record, just because you listed 8 fighters he beat doesn't make his 72 wins against mostly cab drivers legendary, but whatever makes you feel better.

As for the rest of your post, I honestly stopped reading after you said I don't know shyt about boxing before 2000. I guess that settles it Bert Sugar.

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

No the fukk he didn't. :laff:

Benitez won 3 maybe 4 rounds tops over the course of 15...he still lost almost every round after the injury.

You think it's just a coincidence that Benitez didn't start landing punches at all and was losing every round by a wide margin until Hearns broke his hand?

Since we're judging fighters on their proficiency while injured...

Mayweather got outlanded 2-1 against a B-level punching bag after he broke his hand against him

06Pqhsn.jpg

How you feel about this?
XVsmCCg.png

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Duran career IS overrated. I don't care how anyone tries to make his opponents seem great, they weren't.

So you think this guy here isn't an elite boxer with an elite skillset? :jbhmm:

Ken Buchanan...a hall of famer in his prime is chopped liver? De Jesus? Ishimatsu? Kobayashi? Palomino? Barkley? Castro?

These aren't quality wins to you? If not...what does a quality resume look like to you? Because roughly 90% of Floyd's career best wins can be discarded if you can't class the gentleman above as quality opponents.

Seems to me, your post is a prime example of what I mean. And overrated CAREER. And no one has proven me wrong yet. He's an all time great because he lost 90% of his most important fights?

When your "most important fights" are prime versions of Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Benitez....do you think it's fair to use that as a knock against him when comparing him to someone who's "most important fights" are a 36 year old Pacquiao, 34 year old De La Hoya, Canelo & Corrales?

Who they faced in their "most important fights" are literally levels apart from eachother....in skill & SIZE.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
@Iron Chin Wilder

I addressed his quality of boxers and acknowledged the ones that were good/great. Aren't you reading my posts breh? You rehashed the same boxers Leonidas and I already have, once again. Now, besides those 6 or 7 boxers, go through the other 65-66 boxers he beat before Leonard... He was 72-1 and y'all keep bringing up the SAME few boxers. I said his CAREER was overrated. I didn't say that he was said bum, I didn't say that he couldn't fight, I didn't say that he didn't have a chance of beating Floyd (I actually said the opposite), I said his 72-1 record was overrated and his record after 72-1 is overrated. He lost MOST of his big fights, I listed them. Where's the confusion?

Also, im not comparing his career to Floyd's YOU are. I'm ONLY talking about Duran, you're skewering the debate. He lost the most important fights, Floyd didn't, I don't care who was what age. His ass lost in his prime too many times. Bottom line. Leave Floyd out of this.:yeshrug:

See the problem is really dissecting the greats and people not wanting to accept some truths. People out there still DO NOT believe Duran said, "No mas", because it messes up their vision of their hero. Overrated career.

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Iron Chin Wilder

I addressed his quality of boxers and acknowledged the ones that were good/great. Aren't you reading my posts breh? You rehashed the same boxers Leonidas and I already have, once again. Now, besides those 6 or 7 boxers, go through the other 65-66 boxers he beat before Leonard... He was 72-1 and y'all keep bringing up the SAME few boxers. I said his CAREER was overrated. I didn't say that he was said bum, I didn't say that he couldn't fight, I didn't say that he didn't have a chance of beating Floyd (I actually said the opposite), I said his 72-1 record was overrated and his record after 72-1 is overrated. He lost MOST of his big fights, I listed them. Where's the confusion?

Also, im not comparing his career to Floyd's YOU are. I'm ONLY talking about Duran, you're skewering the debate. He lost the most important fights, Floyd didn't, I don't care who was what age. His ass lost in his prime too many times. Bottom line. Leave Floyd out of this. Smh.

See the problem is really dissecting the greats and people not wanting to accept some truths. People out there still believe Duran said, "No mas", because it messes up their vision of their hero. Overrated career.

Floyd vs Duran is the thread title :comeon:

So that's obviously who i'm going to compare him to if i'm trying to place Duran's career into context for you...particularly since i'm sure you & others in this thread are more familiar with Floyd's career than others i can compare him to.

And if not Floyd... who's career & resume represents the mean standard of greatness in boxing TO YOU?

If Duran's resume is overrated...who's resume (excluding obviously Ali & Sugar Ray Robinson) is significantly greater in a comparable sense?

Can you name 15-20 boxers with a better resume & career achievements?

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Can we have a legit conversation on how Duran's career was overrated? Or no?:dame:

Floyd vs Duran is the thread title :comeon:

So that's obviously who i'm going to compare him to if i'm trying to place Duran's career into context for you...particularly since i'm sure you & others in this thread are more familiar with Floyd's career than others i can compare him to.

And if not Floyd... who's career & resume represents the mean standard of greatness in boxing TO YOU?

If Duran's resume is overrated...who's resume (excluding obviously Ali & Sugar Ray Robinson) is significantly greater in a comparable sense?

Can you name 15-20 boxers with a better resume & career achievements?

:aicmon:Yeah, I switched the direction of the thread. A discussion within a discussion, so let's stop bringing up Floyd when discussion Duran's career. Floyd discussions give me headaches, especially when we aren't talking about his career.

See, you and Leonidas correlate the word overrated with bad. Overrated doesn't mean NOT great, because a great fighter/player can be overrated. His feats can be overrated, his numbers can be overrated, his defense can be overrated, his jump she can be overrated, however, that doesn't mean his isn't great. For instance, I don't think Ali is the greatest, hell Ali looked up to Sugar Ray Rob and many acknowledge him as the best boxer ever....never stopped Ali from creating the "The Greatest" moniker. So dare I say that Ali is overrated? Yes. From that standpoint he's not the greatest in the ring, maybe the most RESPECTED but not the greatest. Does that mean I think less of Ali? Am I diminishing him? No, I not.

Last edited:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Y'all having some great debating in here. @Mr. Leonidas you tryna shyt on dudes for no reason is a ring no no though.

@Yuzo what you got to say breh? @Cole Cash ?

:wtf:

I'm not trynna shyt on nobody bro. But if you come at me disrespectfully, I respond the same way. Do I like going back and forth with cats mixing insults and intelligent banter pertaining to boxing? NO. I'd rather just engage in pure boxing discussion minus all the dikk measuring about who knows more about boxing. Trust me bro, I come in peace. And in all my responses I focus more on boxing rhetoric. But I'm too proud a man to let some punk who started watching boxing after Mayweather went from Pretty Boy to Money disrespect me online and insult me. THATS a no no. :camby: