Duran vs mayweather in prime at 135 who wins

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Peace Pat! :salute:

Okay, I'll keep it simple so it won't seem like I'm minimizing his greatness, which is what I'm not doing. Notice that I said his CAREER is overrated, not skills, CAREER. So let's not forget that in the midst of opinions being expressed.

Before defeating Ray Leonard, Duran had only one loss and a bunch of wins against who?

After defeating Leonard he lost to:

Leonard (twice), Wilfred Benetiz, Kirkland Laing, Hagler, Hearns, Robbie Sims, Pay Lawlor, Vinny Pazienza (twice), Hector Camacho (twice), Castro, Joppy, Gonzalez.

After defeating Leonard he beat:

Davey Moore and Iran Barkley.

That is all.
With one highlight reel KO loss. And 3 other KO losses on his record.

Albeit, his performance against Barkley was great.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Most definitely. He got busy against my man Blade.
That fight was fun as hell to watch, and mad props to Barkley from getting up from those right hands he ate.

In terms of Duran vs Mayweather, I think if Floyd used his movement and check hook he would frustrate the living shyt out of Duran. Duran's too quick to be taking any kind of time off during rounds though, which Floyd could sometimes do. If Floyd could consistently frustrate Duan, I think you give the fight to Floyd on some 8-4 shyt.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
That fight was fun as hell to watch, and mad props to Barkley from getting up from those right hands he ate.

In terms of Duran vs Mayweather, I think if Floyd used his movement and check hook he would frustrate the living shyt out of Duran. Duran's too quick to be taking any kind of time off during rounds though, which Floyd could sometimes do. If Floyd could consistently frustrate Duan, I think you give the fight to Floyd on some 8-4 shyt.

I agree with that score. But I do know that he could KO Floyd with one punch too, that's why I can't criticize his skill.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Peace Pat! :salute:

Okay, I'll keep it simple so it won't seem like I'm minimizing his greatness, which is what I'm not doing. Notice that I said his CAREER is overrated, not skills, CAREER. So let's not forget that in the midst of opinions being expressed.

Before defeating Ray Leonard, Duran had only one loss and a bunch of wins against who?

Duran's lightweight resume ain't quite what alot of so-called 'experts' make it out to be...but it's still top 5 all-time at the weight (at least)

Ken Buchanan (Hall of Famer & Lineal champ in his prime when Duran beat him)
Esteban De Jesus (probably top 25 all-time in the division)
Guts Ishimatsu (underrated titlist who beat alot of top contenders in his era, including Ken Buchanan)
Hiroshi Kobayashi (reigned for several years as undisputed champ @ 130, solid win)

His post & pre lightweight resume is definitely better though...

Ernesto Marcel @ 130 is probably a better single win than anything he has @ 135

Outside of Leonard...Palomino, Cuevas, Castro, Barkley are decent scalps...especially considering the circumstances of some of those wins

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You can't be one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time and get KO'd in the second round lmao

Tommy Hearns had this nikka looking like Martin

"He was out before he hit the canvas":mjlol:

:russ:at calling this guy a defensive great when he getting hit with shots like that in the second round

And we have no clue what Floyd's "defensive genius" what look like in the ring with a 6'1" boxer, w/ Heavyweight power & reach, fast hands, fast feet and elite boxing skills...

I mean shyt, the nikka was perplexed by superflab judah for 1/3rd of a whole boxing match...and was out on his feet an entire round against a 38 year old Mosley...okie doked into a right hand by one of Hearns signature moves

1213947_o_medium.gif

giphy.gif

^^^^Hearns rocking Ali in sparring w/ HEADGEAR on with the same exact feint/jab right hand that a 38 year old Mosley damn there took off Floyd's head with

9q8hfr.jpg

Floyd wouldn't have the same convience or WINDOW to make these type of mistakes against a Tommy Hearns

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And we have no clue what Floyd's "defensive genius" what look like in the ring with a 6'1" boxer, w/ Heavyweight power & reach, fast hands, fast feet and elite boxing skills...

I mean shyt, the nikka was perplexed by superflab judah for 1/3rd of a whole boxing match...and was out on his feet an entire round against a 38 year old Mosley...okie doked into a right hand by one of Hearns signature moves

1213947_o_medium.gif

giphy.gif

^^^^Hearns rocking Ali in sparring w/ HEADGEAR on with the same exact feint/jab right hand that a 38 year old Mosley damn there took off Floyd's head with

9q8hfr.jpg

Floyd wouldn't have the same convience or WINDOW to make these type of mistakes against a Tommy Hearns

Duran didn't get caught with just one shot lmao

he was getting tagged up, he out on his feet in the first round did you even watch the fight

Hearns didn't knock out Benetiz lmao but he gonna knock out Mayweather, who has a proven chin

Also Floyd was trying to slug it out with Shane he wouldn't do that Hearns

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Duran didn't get caught with just one shot lmao

he was getting tagged up, he out on his feet in the first round

And Floyd was getting "tagged up" by Superflab Judah for the 1st 4 rounds (and the 12th) in their fight.

Now honestly, what's more telling...getting outboxed in stretches and dropped by the likes of flab judah...or getting touched up by a 6'1" prime ATG with Heavyweight reach & power and elite boxing skills?

Hearns didn't knock out Benetiz lmao but he gonna knock out Mayweather, who has a proven chin

Also Floyd was trying to slug it out with Shane he wouldn't do that Hearns

Hearns fought half that fight with a broken right hand...and had Benitez pretty much outta there by the end of the 6th until he broke his hand.

And Benitez isn't as much of a sucker for the feint jab/right hand as Floyd has proven to be...When Hearns would try to set him up for the jab/right hand he would anticipate it, and either duck under or move out of range of the right when he saw Hearns feinting the jab...

And Floyd's chin is nowhere near as proven as Duran's...

15 rds with Prime Hagler...without touching the canvas
35 rds with Leonard... without touching the canvas
Had phonebooth slugfests with big strong middleweights like Barkley & Castro...without hitting the canvas

Meanwhile Floyd needs a catchweight for a guy who's apparently too small to fight at the full Middleweight limit :pachaha:

Duran's chin is far more proven than Floyd's and the shyt aint even up for discussion...and Hearns shattered it in 2 rounds...shows how hard Hearns punches

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Floyd was getting "tagged up" by Superflab Judah for the 1st 4 rounds (and the 12th) in their fight.

Now honestly, what's more telling...getting outboxed in stretches and dropped by the likes of flab judah...or getting touched up by a 6'1" prime ATG with Heavyweight reach & power and elite boxing skills?

Hearns fought half that fight with a broken right hand...and had Benitez pretty much outta there by the end of the 6th until he broke his hand.

And Benitez isn't as much of a sucker for the feint jab/right hand as Floyd has proven to be...When Hearns would try to set him up for the jab/right hand he would anticipate it, and either duck under or move out of range of the right when he saw Hearns feinting the jab...

And Floyd's chin is nowhere near as proven as Duran's...

15 rds with Prime Hagler...without touching the canvas
35 rds with Leonard... without touching the canvas
Had phonebooth slugfests with big strong middleweights like Barkley & Castro...without hitting the canvas

Meanwhile Floyd needs a catchweight for a guy who's apparently too small to fight at the full Middleweight limit :pachaha:

Duran's chin is far more proven than Floyd's and the shyt aint even up for discussion...and Hearns shattered it in 2 rounds...shows how hard Hearns punches

Floyd was getting tagged up by Zab judah lmao

in what reality, this why I can't take boxing serious with yall nikkaz

Duran was out on his feet in the first round, and that's compared to zab landed a few shots

Floyd defense is so good mild success against him is blown up to something it isn't

Duran has been KO, FLoyd hasn't been knocked down his entire career, we all know who's chin is better

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
SMDH at all you kids man.:snoop:

The Ring has been overtaken by children who think Mayweather is actually TBE :merchant:

Kids who think ROBERTO DURAN IS OVERATED CUZ HE HAS 16 LOSSES :childplease:

Babies who even entertain RJJ vs Mayweather discussions :russ:

Let me try to put this in perspective for you guys, and then I'm officially done with this thread and trying to save and educate ya. So take a seat, lets chat :sitdown:

Duran STARTED as a FEATHERWEIGHT (126lbs) and won his first title at LIGHTWEIGHT (135lbs) and won his first 31 fights before losing. He then avenged his defeat and went 62-1. :noah:

62-1! :whew:

He then gave up his LIGHTWEIGHT (135lbs) title and moved UP TWO WEIGHT CLASSES :whoo: to WELTERWEIGHT (147lbs).

HE was 72-1 when he beat SUGAR RAY LEONARD:ohhh:

MOVED TO JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT (154lbs) AND BEAT PIPINO CUEVAS and DAVEY MOORE:wow:

MOVED TO MIDDLEWEIGHT (160lbs) and he survived 15 rounds with Hagler, at the time, the only fighter to do so. Durán was ahead on the scorecards after 12 rounds but Hagler prevailed in the last three, winning the contest. In the 21st year of his professional career, he improbably won a middleweight belt by beating Iran Barkley in 1989! :banderas:

Sadly I'm certain 90% of you are missing the magnitude of his accomplishments. Just remember theres your opinion, my opinion, and the GENERAL CONSENSUS BELIEF.

And the general consensus is Duran is the greatest lightweight of all time, and top 10 if not top 6-7 pound for pound all time. That's higher than Mayweather will EVER be ranked.

I repeat - DURAN is currently ranked HIGHER THAN MAYWEATHER. AND HE ALWAYS WILL BE.

Why? Because Roberto Duran is greater than Floyd Mayweather.

And for you doubting ass Thomases some subjective proof:

ESPN.com: ALL-TIME GREATEST BOXERS Duran ranked #6 all time

My Top Pound-for-Pound Fighters (Since 1945): Numbers 1-10 - Boxing.com cites the late great Bert Sugar's top 10, Duran #8

Experts Contemplate: Duran vs. Mayweather at Lightweight - BoxingInsider.com 5 experts for Duran, 1 for Mayweather, 2 couldn't call it

Boxing's Best: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Roberto Duran; Present vs. the Past graded both on various traits, picked Duran basically

Taking On The Four Kings: Floyd Mayweather vs Roberto Duran - Pundit Arena Duran by KO

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Floyd was getting tagged up by Zab judah lmao

:yes:

28rgn75.gif

Mayweather-hit-by-right-hook-Judah.gif

floyd-mayweather-vs-zab-judah.gif

"lmao"

Zab Judah...Zab fukkin Judah was a puzzle for this nikka for 4 rds...while Tszyu figured him out in 2 and got him outta there

Duran was out on his feet in the first round, and that's compared to zab landed a few shots

One guy's opponent is a guy who's arguably the hardest puncher of all-time p4p and has brutal KO's over Cruiserweights...while the other is...Zab Judah

Their overall level of comp is so far apart, in a way it's almost ridiculous to compare the two.

Duran has been KO, FLoyd hasn't been knocked down his entire career, we all know who's chin is better

Do you have any footage of Floyd in the ring with guys who have several KO's over Cruiserweights?

Any fights of Floyd absorbing punches from all-time great Middleweights?

Do you understand how ridiculous you sound comparing the chin of a guy who took punches from BANGERS @ Middleweight and remained upright...to somebody who needs a catchweight fight a Junior Middleweight? :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yes:

28rgn75.gif

Mayweather-hit-by-right-hook-Judah.gif

floyd-mayweather-vs-zab-judah.gif

"lmao"

Zab Judah...Zab fukkin Judah was a puzzle for this nikka for 4 rds...while Tszyu figured him out in 2 and got him outta there

One guy's opponent is a guy who's arguably the hardest puncher of all-time p4p and has brutal KO's over Cruiserweights...while the other is...Zab Judah

Their overall level of comp is so far apart, in a way it's almost ridiculous to compare the two.

Do you have any footage of Floyd in the ring with guys who have several KO's over Cruiserweights?

Any fights of Floyd absorbing punches from all-time great Middleweights?

Do you understand how ridiculous you sound comparing the chin of a guy who took punches from BANGERS @ Middleweight and remained upright...to somebody who needs a catchweight fight a Junior Middleweight? :heh:

Once again, you are really exposing yourself

You just put a gif up of Judah landing two punches and FLoyd sliipping while being grazed lmao,

Hearns was landing combos on Duran in the first round

Benetiz was much smaller than Hearns, and he couldn't land on him like he did Duran

and Benetiz was slipping a lot of hearns punches lmoa, benetiz is more similar to Floyd than Duran

so your whole middleweight shyt it's out the window

If Hearns had problems with Benetiz, who would not be able to solve Floyd

style makes fights
wilfred-benitez-lands-a-punch-against-thomas-hearns-during-the-bout-picture-id167960272

Floyd has a longer reach to benetiz, he would break hearns down to body

Hearns was frail as fukk until he got to 168, like you said he was up to Crusierweight

He would've got KO'd by Hagler like that if they fought at 168 or 175, but when you cut weight you have less water in your brain and you can't take damage the same

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Once again, you are really exposing yourself

You just put a gif up of Judah landing two punches and FLoyd sliipping while being grazed lmao,

Hearns was landing combos on Duran in the first round

Benetiz was much smaller than Hearns, and he couldn't land on him like he did Duran

and Benetiz was slipping a lot of hearns punches lmoa, benetiz is more similar to Floyd than Duran

so your whole middleweight shyt it's out the window

If Hearns had problems with Benetiz, who would not be able to solve Floyd

style makes fights

Hearns won every round against Benetiz EASILY up until the 6th when he broke his hand...the fuk are you talking about :what:

He pretty much had him knocked out at the end of the 6th rd...and had him stumbling back to his corner.

This is what having "problems" with a fighter looks like