Duran vs mayweather in prime at 135 who wins

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Any debate with Floyd vs. an old school fighter will always end up in most favoring the old school fighter. That's just how people are, people don't like Floyd He doesn't get the grace and the benefit of doubt like most fighters. When someone says that Floyd will lose to Duran because he had a close fight with Castillo, tells me all that I need to know.

I see it playing out like Floyd vs. Hatton (pressure-wise), but there will be no KO. A VERY close decision for Floyd.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
I am picking Floyd without a doubt.
- Duran trying to get into range while pumping his jab would be hell for him because Floyd can parry and catch jabs with his rear glove like nobody else in the sport.
- Duran could possibly rough Floyd up in the inside, but what nobody is talking about is which Ref is reffing the fight. Because if its bayless Floyd is gonna clinch and get broken up and get back to the center of the ring and touch Duran with jabs all night.
- I think it would look like the pac v floyd fight. The shorter man frustrated due to being kept at bay and being disrupted in the clinch/ inside. I dont think Floyd would ever let Duran really "start"
But I do think guys like Hagler would give Floyd absolute hell. shyt I think Paul Williams would have either beat Floyd or at the very least got some solid knock downs in a fight with him.

Great post. Breh so you realize that Hagler was a full fledged middle weight, so OF course he would give Floyd (who was a small welter) hell,why do people keep doing this?

Tilesp4p

All Star
Daps
Great post. Breh so you realize that Hagler was a full fledged middle weight, so OF course he would give Floyd (who was a small welter) hell,why do people keep doing this?
For sure I realize the weight class difference. Since we were talking about Duran. I just wanted to make it known that I don't think Floyd would run through the "magnificent four" . I think he beats Duran, maybe Srl, has a tough time with Hearns and gets wrecked by Haggler IMO. Styles make fights and Haggler is TOOO much for Floyd.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
First Sugar Ray Robinson has a chance to beat RJJ at 168 now this :mjlol:

Ummm I said the only person who could stand a chance of beating prime RJJ @ 160 was Robinson. That's a fact. And yes, prime Duran stops Mayweather, who avoided fighting A level guys in their primes his whole career. Cmon son. Is it that much of a stretch to believe? Duran is inarguably top 8 pound 4 pound of all time. Mayweather somewhere in the top 20. Anyone who knows boxing knows this.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Ummm I said the only person who could stand a chance of beating prime RJJ @ 160 was Robinson. That's a fact. And yes, prime Duran stops Mayweather, who avoided fighting A level guys in their primes his whole career. Cmon son. Is it that much of a stretch to believe? Duran is inarguably top 8 pound 4 pound of all time. Mayweather somewhere in the top 20. Anyone who knows boxing knows this.

Actually you said the only fighter who could beat 168 Roy was Prime SRR. First off Ray never fought at 168 he damn sure aint fought anybody remotely close to RJJ at 160 or any weight class for that matter. Roy would massacre SRR!

The fact that you still spit that Floyd avoided A level guys garbage when it's been proven bullshyt time and again is just weak. "Prime" Duran could'nt hold Floyd's jock strap much less KO him!
Who the fukk has Duran beat to be top 8 all time? Outside of SRL fighting a dummy fight he got beaten(pretty clearly at that) by damn near if not every all time great he ever fought. His resume at at 135 is a fukking joke damn near JCC/SRR (first, what... 70 or so fights weak) breh!

morris

Superstar
Daps
If DLH and a used Cotto could do PBF dirty, Duran wins. And at lightweight let's not forget Jose Luis Castillo. Now, the rematch...that's a while different story. Duran possibly can win too. He lost to Esteban De Jesus but ko'd him in rematch.

Fight I always wondered about was Duran vs Chavez ...

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Actually you said the only fighter who could beat 168 Roy was Prime SRR. First off Ray never fought at 168 he damn sure aint fought anybody remotely close to RJJ at 160 or any weight class for that matter. Roy would massacre SRR!

The fact that you still spit that Floyd avoided A level guys garbage when it's been proven bullshyt time and again is just weak. "Prime" Duran could'nt hold Floyd's jock strap much less KO him!
Who the fukk has Duran beat to be top 8 all time? Outside of SRL fighting a dummy fight he got beaten(pretty clearly at that) by damn near if not every all time great he ever fought. His resume at at 135 is a fukking joke damn near JCC/SRR (first, what... 70 or so fights weak) breh!

Respectfully bro, I disagree with you. I'm gonna be clearer on my opinion- the only person who stands a chance of beating prime RJJ is SRR. And that's because he's the GOAT. Now if you don't agree with that, you're in the MINORITY. Majority of the media and boxing scribes recognize SRR as the GOAT. Btw, I should mention RJJ is my favorite boxer and the GOAT that I've ever seen actively compete.

Secondly, if you don't have Duran in your top 6-8 again you're in the MINORITY. THE majority of boxing scribes, media and journalists have Duran ranked that highly. And that's solely predicated on his work as a lightweight. Then you add on the fact that he moved up to welterweight and beat SRL. That's the icing on the cake.

Everything I'm saying is conventional opinion bro, which means it's shared by the majority of those who are students of the game and cover the sport presently. Now since you believe the opposite, which is fine, you're gonna need to make a more compelling argument than what you've done thus far.

FMJ has a boxrec page son, so the info is out there and factual. He didn't fight Cotto, Mosley, DeLaHoya, Pacquiao, Marquez, Gatti in their primes. And those guys are all hall of famers. He also avoided prime versions of Margarito, Paul Williams, Kostya Zu (however you spell it).

Floyd Mayweather isn't as great as you think he is bro. Nor is he considered as great by the boxing world. This is the same guy who forced Maidana to wear different gloves out of fear of his power, made Marquez agree to 145 catch weight and then famously showed up over the weight with his penalty check in hand, had Haymon pay sparring partners to NOT work with Pacquiao to prevent him from being prepared, took an illegal amount of IV fluids before the fight and paid USADA for a therapeutic exemption afterwards, has failed I believe 6 drug tests himself and got those exemptions for all of them, turned down fighting Margarito for 8 mil and instead fought Carlos "Tata" Baldomir for $8,000,001.

Duran will ALWAYS be ranked higher than Floyd. He was yesterday, he is today, and guess what? If you Google who's better or ranked higher tomorrow it's gonna say Duran. He's far and wide a more universally recognized and respect champ then FMJ ever was or could be.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Here's a great article by somdone who knows more about boxing than all of us on the topic.

Boxing's Best: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Roberto Duran; Present vs. the Past

The only way FMJ could possibly win is if Bayless is the referee and lets him get away with the excessive holding on the inside and elbows to the throat. The fight would also have to be in Vegas since that's the only place where the banned substance Floyd uses on his hands is legal. Xylocaine. It's banned everywhere else. Otherwise, Duran knocks him out. So does SRR, SRL, Hearns, Hagler, the list goes on. Now, if FMJ waited all those guys out til they aged, didn't allow them to use the globes they wanted, and was able to get USADA to handle the "drug testing" then maybe FMJ would be able to run, counter and clinch his way to victory. Maybe.

But let me guess- Floyd is undefeated, has money and sold PPVs so he's better than Duran right? Lol smdh at you millenials who don't know shyt about boxing.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
We need a consensus top 3 at Bantam weight to Heavyweight thread. @Newzz @patscorpio yall great at making threads. Can it happen?

The greatest 3 boxers at each weight. Or maybe we can start at 130lbs. instead, because you'd really have to know boxing to know the 130 and under fighters, and most of The Ring brehs prolly can't do it :mjpls::pachaha:

What say ye? Anyone?

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
:comeon:

Just like this right.

Yup, just like that. And like I said earlier, The only way FMJ could possibly win is if Bayless is the referee and lets him get away with the excessive holding on the inside and elbows to the throat. The fight would also have to be in Vegas since that's the only place where the banned substance Floyd uses on his hands is legal. Xylocaine. It's banned everywhere else.