El Gran Centenario De La Copa América: The Official Copa América Tournament Discussion Thread

Who will win the Centenario?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
If argentina dont win this Messi cant ever be considered top player

This is absurd! Messi may end up as one of the exceptions.... Championships are team achievements, and unfortunately the Argentine Football Association has dropped the ball up to this point in the Messi era. It wasn't Messi's fault that Argentina had shyt goalkeeping and defense until as recently as this past World Cup (and Germany was just a team of destiny).

Only a hater(not calling you one) would say that Messi doesn't pass the eyeball test. Cristiano Ronaldo is most definitely going to end up in the same boat because Portugal's team is worse off.

Who calls Dan Marino a shyt QB just because he never won a Super Bowl(and only appeared in one early in his career)?

So why isn't firmino on the Brazil squad? :rudy:

You're going to have to ask @dappadonna, @THEREALBRAND or @Hollister that question because I haven't been following Brasil recently.

Has anyone set up the fantasy league for copa america or euro 16?

Did the PL fantasy for over 10 years...much better at the short tournaments

Nope. Not yet... Would you like the honors of setting that up (both of them... I have a Euro 2016 thread also)?

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is absurd! Messi may end up as one of the exceptions.... Championships are team achievements, and unfortunately the Argentine Football Association has dropped the ball up to this point in the Messi era. It wasn't Messi's fault that Argentina had shyt goalkeeping and defense until as recently as this past World Cup (and Germany was just a team of destiny).

Only a hater(not calling you one) would say that Messi doesn't pass the eyeball test. Cristiano Ronaldo is most definitely going to end up in the same boat because Portugal's team is worse off.

Who calls Dan Marino a shyt QB just because he never won a Super Bowl(and only appeared in one early in his career)?

You're going to have to ask @dappadonna, @THEREALBRAND or @Hollister that question because I haven't been following Brasil recently.

Nope. Not yet... Would you like the honors of setting that up (both of them... I have a Euro 2016 thread also)?
Breh Argentina team is stacked compared to Portugal. No reason dude shouldn't win copa America

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Does everybody know something that I don't? Why so many people voted for USA to win it :patrice:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Does everybody know something that I don't? Why so many people voted for USA to win it :patrice:

The US history and propensity to show up in international competitions.... When was the last time the US didn't advance to the group stage in a competition?

The newly renewed optimism in our attack which will feature Zardes, Wood, Pulisic, Nagbe and Dempsey.

Most of the international players (minus Howard and Guzan) having productive seasons at their respective positions, notably, Cameron, Yedlin, F. Johnson and Brooks(our backline).

All ingredients for a recipe to pull off the impossible.

A lot has to happen.... I think they should go beyond the quarters, but winning the Centenario is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
How badly are James and Bacca going to shyt on the US :mjcry:

Not at all if Klinsmann implements the right tactics.... I would propose the Bob Bradley strategy for this match..... Bunker and counter. If you play an open game against Colombia, it will get ugly... and considering how the US midfield carelessly gives away possession or doesn't make the most of their opportunities... it would get very ugly. If you give Colombia half a chance, they have the quality to score on that half chance. With bunkering, it make it somewhat harder for them to score.

In my opinion, the US has the attacking talent to capitalize on the wings, but Klinsmann will have to play them. If I was making the call it would be a 4-3-3 formation with Dempsey, Wood and Zardes up top, Pulisic, Bradley and Nagbe in the midfield, and Fabian Johnson and Yedlin on the wings overlapping. If Colombia got too aggressive, the speed of Fabian and/or Yedlin would expose Colombia... they can also cross competently. Fabian and Yedlin could link up with, IMO, our 2 best hold/attacking mids, Pulisic and Nagbe which would make the attack more potent. Lastly, you have three options that are capable of either breaking down the defense with either speed and/or clever movement. Zardes would be the least likely to score with his sometimes inconsistent touch, but he can create space for the others with his speed and movement. Wood and Dempsey could work the Colombian backline with proper service from the midfield. Bradley would only have to worry about spraying a few passes, maintaining possession and covering the central part of the backline..

As long as our wing backs aren't caught too far forward when they aren't supposed to be (Yedlin) or the central backline pairing of Cameron and Brooks don't fukk up, these tactics could at least land the US a draw... possibly more. I'm sure Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya and/or Kyle Beckerman(ugh) will get the start against Colombia.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
:beli:

Small ssues, but issues nonetheless.... Fox Soccer 2 Go App won't work on most Android OS.... I have a Tab A. Paid for monthly subscription... have to use a laptop/desktop because video needs Flash Player. Luckily, I have one handy... initial review.... don't purchase unless you have a desktop/laptop computer.

Full review coming tomorrow....

concise

Veteran
Daps
:beli:

Small ssues, but issues nonetheless.... Fox Soccer 2 Go App won't work on most Android OS.... I have a Tab A. Paid for monthly subscription... have to use a laptop/desktop because video needs Flash Player. Luckily, I have one handy... initial review.... don't purchase unless you have a desktop/laptop computer.

Full review coming tomorrow....

Why don't you use the regular Fox Sports Go app? I watched the CL final just fine using that.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Bored at work. Ready for the weekend and Copa to begin. Made a few cards based on the old Skybox template.

fLfJVCC.png

NUPlh44.png