El Gran Centenario De La Copa América: The Official Copa América Tournament Discussion Thread

Who will win the Centenario?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Well Well

The agent of Fiorentina forward Giuseppe Rossi has admitted that the player may have made a mistake by choosing to represent Italy over the United States.

Born in New Jersey, but with Italian parents, Rossi opted to play for theSquadra Azzurra having made a name for himself at Parma and Villarreal. He has played 30 times for Italy and scored seven goals, but the former Manchester United player has not featured since playing against the Republic of Ireland precisely two years ago.

He missed the 2014 World Cup through injury and has never been in consideration for a place in the squad since Antonio Conte took charge, whereas he may have been a candidate for the United States at the Copa America this summer, if he had chosen differently in 2008.

"In hindsight, going back to when he chose between representing Italy or the USA, we should have chosen the USA," Pastorino told Radio Bruno.

:blessed: Karma

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Well Well

The agent of Fiorentina forward Giuseppe Rossi has admitted that the player may have made a mistake by choosing to represent Italy over the United States.

Born in New Jersey, but with Italian parents, Rossi opted to play for theSquadra Azzurra having made a name for himself at Parma and Villarreal. He has played 30 times for Italy and scored seven goals, but the former Manchester United player has not featured since playing against the Republic of Ireland precisely two years ago.

He missed the 2014 World Cup through injury and has never been in consideration for a place in the squad since Antonio Conte took charge, whereas he may have been a candidate for the United States at the Copa America this summer, if he had chosen differently in 2008.

"In hindsight, going back to when he chose between representing Italy or the USA, we should have chosen the USA," Pastorino told Radio Bruno.
giphy.gif

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Well Well

MUTHAfukk HIM!!!!!!

I get back from vacation late on June 13th. The next day Argentina plays Bolivia. Tempted to get a ticket to it just to see Argentina play in a meaningful none friendly game.

2 days later the winner of Group A (Colombia) plays 2nd in Group B (Ecuador?) in the quarters. Which game would you guys try and go to?

You can't go wrong with either one to be honest. I'm a big Lionel Messi fan, so the Argentina game would be my preference. Knockout round matches tend to be exciting because the pressure to produce and move on is on the line; matches that feature Latin American teams are generally intense anyways.

To the casual fan this isn't much, but at 17 this is great to see.

The dispossession aftter a bad touch :mjcry:

The intelligence to shield the ball in traffic :mjcry:

The control and composure on the ball to maintain possession, then pass it forward to his support under immense pressure while styling on Ecuadorian midfielders :mjcry:

The combination of all the aforementioned characteristics that made this GIF happen :mjcry:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
MUTHAfukk HIM!!!!!!

You can't go wrong with either one to be honest. I'm a big Lionel Messi fan, so the Argentina game would be my preference. Knockout round matches tend to be exciting because the pressure to produce and move on is on the line; matches that feature Latin American teams are generally intense anyways.

The dispossession aftter a bad touch :mjcry:

The intelligence to shield the ball in traffic :mjcry:

The control and composure on the ball to maintain possession, then pass it forward to his support under immense pressure while styling on Ecuadorian midfielders :mjcry:

The combination of all the aforementioned characteristics that made this GIF happen :mjcry:

I've seen Messi twice before. In a friendly against the Sounders and in Barcelona for El Classico. I found a single seat for both games near the field for $150 and $155.

As for Pulisic. It brings a tear to the eye to watch a homegrown player not look scared going against players and to not be out muscled for possession.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder what the attendance is going to look like at Levi's. :patrice: I haven't heard too much about the US-COL game locally.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Rafinha, Ederson, and Kaká are out. Lucas Moura, Marcelo Grohe, and Ganso are in. I'm a huge fan of Rafinha, but it's good to see Lucas getting another shot with the National team.

Brazil replace Barcelona's Rafinha with PSG's Lucas Moura for Copa America

Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura has been called into the Brazil team to replace the injured Rafinha for the Copa America.
The Brazilan federation (CBF) announced the move on Tuesday after the Barcelona man failed to recover from muscle pain in time for the tournament, which begins Friday.

Rafinha did not train since joining up with the national team in California last week.

Also leaving the squad was reserve goalkeeper Ederson, who missed the last three days of training. He was replaced by Gremio keeper Marcelo Grohe.

Kaka out of Brazil's Copa America squad due to injury, Ganso in

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone set up the fantasy league for copa america or euro 16?

Did the PL fantasy for over 10 years...much better at the short tournaments