Empire creator confirms show is based on jay z

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
We're not talking about reality tv, all races and ethnicities are equally portrayed as idiots on reality tv.

Wait, so you get all mad over a fictitious show that is loosely based on a Black rapper (who himself portrayed and promoted drug selling, harming of his own people AND degradation of the Black Woman)? but you accept "reality tv" that attempts to portray Hip Hop and it's members as brainless, promiscuous, women beating individuals?

maybe I'm tripping. :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Coli is back on its bull as usual. The Wire is the GOAT show, yet I'll hate on Empire when every negative thing I can point out about Empire could also be said about The Wire. I could see if it was "the writing on Empire is horrible", "the acting is terrible", "the show's wack", etc, but miss me with all this "oh, the writer's white", "they c00ning", "can't ya'll see they using this show to destroy us". :camby:

Breh this is a terrible comparison.

David Simon is white, yes, but he was in the worst parts of Baltimore, mingling with drug dealers and gangsters, addicts, whatever, for years, respectfully asking could he tell their story. Because a lot of shyt in "The Wire" is based on actual events or people. Hell, there's even a couple of real life gangsters in it....the guy Omar is based on, was riding with Omar in season 5 when he got ambushed.

He got the ok to do all that. He's not just a white guy writing about it, he was actually around that shyt for most of his adult life in some capacity, which is why the show exists. He saw it first hand, he's not some guy writing about it from afar.

I don't know anything about Danny Strong aside from he guest starred on "Justified" and "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". I dunno how such a person is qualified to run a show about the hip-hop recording industry.

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh this is a terrible comparison.

David Simon is white, yes, but he was in the worst parts of Baltimore, mingling with drug dealers and gangsters, addicts, whatever, for years, respectfully asking could he tell their story. Because a lot of shyt in "The Wire" is based on actual events or people. Hell, there's even a couple of real life gangsters in it....the guy Omar is based on, was riding with Omar in season 5 when he got ambushed.

He got the ok to do all that. He's not just a white guy writing about it, he was actually around that shyt for most of his adult life in some capacity, which is why the show exists. He saw it first hand, he's not some guy writing about it from afar.

I don't know anything about Danny Strong aside from he guest starred on "Justified" and "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". I dunno how such a person is qualified to run a show about the hip-hop recording industry.

Fred.

Posters attacked Danny Strong because he's white writing a show about a black family. On the same token, David Simon is white writing a show about blacks. Both are still white and have never been black, therefore, I don't see how one would get a pass and the other doesn't. Empire is also based on actual events or people. There are real life artists in the show.

That's the comparison. Posters who are on their moral high ground don't care how close or far away the writing is, Strong was attacked for being a white guy writing a black show

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:what: wait, so this show creator is a "CaC" because he created a show loosely based on Jay-Z?
:leostare: but no one calling "Q", VH1, or all them idiots on shows like "Love and Hip Hop" or "Black Ink" self-hating blacks when they portray themselves or their people as idiots?

Will the race-bait racist coli users ever take their heads out their asses? :sas2:
will Vegeta ever truly die? :lupe:
We find out next time on Dragon Ball Z

:camby: foh with that dumb shyt, he's as much an issue to the Black community's image as those "reality tv" stars on VH1 and them idiots on WSHH.
*well prepared to receive neg-rep points
*if you neg-rep me, suck a dikk.
I'm not shytting on this person (although he should've called it fiction as fukk) but :dead: @ no one calling out reality TV people or worldstarhiphop. Have you been living under a rock for the past decade?

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I'm not shytting on this person (although he should've called it fiction as fukk) but :dead: @ no one calling out reality TV people or worldstarhiphop. Have you been living under a rock for the past decade?

"Where dey at doe?"
- T.I.

the ONLY reality tv series I've seen being called out has been some sorority vh1 show where the other members of the sorority felt the women on the show was bringing negative light to their organization.

I do not see anyone actively protesting and attempting to get some "act right" from VH1, Love and Hip-Hop, Black Ink or any other show with a predominately African-American cast who entire premise of the show involves or centers around conflict, pettiness and other forms of social fukkery.

you all who mad at this white dude for making a FICTITIOUS (aka NOT fukkING REAL) show proves further more that it's ok when Blacks do dumb shyt and paint their own lives in fukked up hues but the minute someone outside the ethnic group does anything even remotely close it becomes a huge race war online and in other mediums of discussion.

No, I have not been living under a rock but I can assume you have because if you saying anyone is fighting against such fukkery I'll be inclined to call you a bold-face liar and then request you submit proof of such.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Anyone who says Season 2 of the Wire is a fukking moron and only watches the show to see the "black crime shyt" (Even though it's in that season as well) and completely misses the point of the show.

Wire is the greatest show ever and even comparing Empire to it shows you have the brain capacity of an infant that was conceived by a dope fiend mother.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I watch the show and nothing about Lucious character reminds me of Jay-Z.
I've only seen like 2-3 episodes (waiting to catch the whole season at the end and binge watch) but nothing about Lucious reminds me of Jay-Z. Jay-z claimed to been into the drug game but alot of other individuals who were active in NY's drug scene at the time said he wasn't as big in it as he raps about.

Jay-Z isn't light skinned lmao :russ:

Maybe the show creator utilized Jay-Z's rise from the inner city and it's dangers as a premise for Lucious character but even still, to say this parallels jay-z's life is wild.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I've only seen like 2-3 episodes (waiting to catch the whole season at the end and binge watch) but nothing about Lucious reminds me of Jay-Z. Jay-z claimed to been into the drug game but alot of other individuals who were active in NY's drug scene at the time said he wasn't as big in it as he raps about.

Jay-Z isn't light skinned lmao :russ:

Maybe the show creator utilized Jay-Z's rise from the inner city and it's dangers as a premise for Lucious character but even still, to say this parallels jay-z's life is wild.

Yeah I don't get it. Jay doesn't have 3 sons, let alone sons that make music, he wasn't married to a woman that went to prison, he's not engaged to a Halle Berry look alike, he doesn't have ALS, he's not out here shooting people and involved in other criminal activities, I don't get the comparison

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
The Wire is whack AF. Season 2 almost caused me to slit my wrists - I never understood the hype. Only entertaining was when Marlo came into it. But overall shyt was butt butter B.

Empire's far more entertaining but it's still Jigaboo TV
bunk.gif

Negged

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I don't get it. Jay doesn't have 3 sons, let alone sons that make music, he wasn't married to a woman that went to prison, he's not engaged to a Halle Berry look alike, he doesn't have ALS, he's not out here shooting people and involved in other criminal activities, I don't get the comparison

You think this cac thinks there is a difference between black folk? :heh: