Errol Spence vs Keith Thurman NEXT

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Every fight he visibly hurts or drops his opponent; have you not seen that? That shows he's still punching but he's not putting his foot on the gas to go for the finish
Agree. Imo he has the best straight right at welterweight.

Great reach out of it, uses it to advantage every fight. They think they’re out of range.

Thurman is old but he’s got more power atm than he ever did.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Y’all crazy if y’all don’t think Keith is gonna land some hard shots on Spence as he’s coming in. Spence is gonna have to eat a lot of flush shots if he’s gonna be effective to the body. I’m rocking with Keith for this one. One time might have one more great fight in him :obama:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This wouldn't shock me one bit. The Spence fan boys would be if it happened lol

Yup

The last time Spence fought someone with a great right hand, he turned into a back foot boxer for 9 rounds. That mid ass footwork won't cut it against Thurman so he can't play keep away. He gonna have to fight Keith straight up and if that happens he's getting cracked.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yup

The last time Spence fought someone with a great right hand, he turned into a back foot boxer for 9 rounds. That mid ass footwork won't cut it against Thurman so he can't play keep away. He gonna have to fight Keith straight up and if that happens he's getting cracked.
Exactly. I posted this in the main board a few weeks ago but you made me think of it again. We've all talked about for years how bad his defense is & how he gets cracked clean multiple times a fight. This vid shows you just how clean. Sooner or later, he's gonna run into a dude that'll crack him & he won't be able to recover

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
So when Spence annihilates this guy, y'all two better give him 100% max credit then @LauderdaleBoss @Knicksman20 . I don't wanna hear shyt about Thurman is washed or it aint the same Thurman.
I've already given him 100% credit for his W's. Especially with Ugas & I already favor him to beat Thurman. Just make sure you don't go into hiding/depression or use the accident as an excuse if he gets clipped lol. We've been saying the shyt about his defense for years

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've already given him 100% credit for his W's. Especially with Ugas & I already favor him to beat Thurman. Just make sure you don't go into hiding/depression or use the accident as an excuse if he gets clipped lol. We've been saying the shyt about his defense for years
Alright, just making sure. I've ate my crow about him with the Porter fight but I also told everyone how easy Danny and Ugas would be for him when y'all was saying those would be tough fights. All the stuff y'all said was gonna happen didn't because of his boxing ability not because he was physically overpowering them, he boxed them out of their gameplans and they had nothing else for him(high key he boxed Porter out of his gameplan too, I underestimated Porters ability to go toe to toe with him in an inside fight like that once it got there).

Spence gets hit, but given his style I don't think he gets hit nearly as much as he could to be honest. Given how aggressive he is you'd think he'd be taking punishment like the Figueroa brothers out here, but he doesn't. We'll see though.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Alright, just making sure. I've ate my crow about him with the Porter fight but I also told everyone how easy Danny and Ugas would be for him when y'all was saying those would be tough fights. All the stuff y'all said was gonna happen didn't because of his boxing ability not because he was physically overpowering them, he boxed them out of their gameplans and they had nothing else for him(high key he boxed Porter out of his gameplan too, I underestimated Porters ability to go toe to toe with him in an inside fight like that once it got there).

Spence gets hit, but given his style I don't think he gets hit nearly as much as he could to be honest. Given how aggressive he is you'd think he'd be taking punishment like the Figueroa brothers out here, but he doesn't. We'll see though.
This is probably your most objective post on him bro, seriously lol. I knew Swift wouldn't be difficult because he never moves his hands enough & he was going against a very active guy. But I thought his counter punching could give him some problems. And you have to admit, Ugas fought about as dumb of a fight against Spence as he could. He literally stopped jabbing & let Spence walk up on him & tee off while in the high guard. He offered very little resistance or hesitation and let him close the gap without throwing anything. Credit to Spence for weathering the storm & getting him outta there though. I like his grit & determination because you can't teach that

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This is probably your most objective post on him bro, seriously lol. I knew Swift wouldn't be difficult because he never moves his hands enough & he was going against a very active guy. But I thought his counter punching could give him some problems. And you have to admit, Ugas fought about as dumb of a fight against Spence as he could. He literally stopped jabbing & let Spence walk up on him & tee off while in the high guard. He offered very little resistance or hesitation and let him close the gap without throwing anything. Credit to Spence for weathering the storm & getting him outta there though. I like his grit & determination because you can't teach that
Danny Garcia threw 700 punches against Spence, I literally don't get where this he didn't throw enough comes from he hasn't ever thrown anywhere close to that much against anyone.

You underrate Spence's ability to take away your best weapon, he's kinda like what Belichek is to football. Against Mikey his best weapon is that one two of his Spence constantly jabbed and stepped back or to the side, he constantly kept that lead foot in front of Mikey's to block his ability to step in on him to close the gap. Once Mikey knew Spence was never gonna allow himself to be in range of that one-two he realized he had nothing for him and just fought to survive.

Danny's best weapon is that no look hook of his over the top, what did Spence do he smothered Danny and kept pushing him backwards off his spot. He threw Danny's timing off by constantly changing up the speed and the level of his jab and even when he did have to put himself in range of that hook he came in behind a high guard and stayed low so the hook would catch the top of his gloves. Without that hook Danny only had one other play which is to fight fire with fire and throw punches in volume which he isn't very good at and he got his eye collected.

Against Ugas he simply had to keep his guard high and step inside and shift away from his lead hand aka his jab. Ugas tried to jab with him, but you aren't about to out jab Errol Spence. Once inside he positioned himself to where that jab would leave him off balance and he wouldn't be able to throw it with effect, notice Spence constantly burrowing his shoulder into Ugas, that's how he positioned Ugas constantly to take left hook after left hook and got his eye collected. Without his jab to set up his offense Ugas doesn't have much because he is not a good inside fighter at all.

Even against Kell Brook when the right hand was landing Spence started jabbing and stepping back on him because Brook was having success with the straight right as a counter, not as a lead. Once Spence took the counter away he would jab step back, Brook would try to step in and would take a lot of punishment because he moved in to far and left himself open for a beating.

Out of the four scoring criteria of boxing: effective aggression, defense, ring generalship, and clean and effective punching one area I have never seen anyone beat Spence in was the ring generalship battle. He has literally made everyone he has fought eventually fight exactly the fight he wanted them to.

We'll see though Spence being a southpaw, if he fights Thurman and the first thing you see is him jabbing and circling to Thurman's left just know I told you exactly what was gonna happen bro.

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Danny Garcia threw 700 punches against Spence, I literally don't get where this he didn't throw enough comes from he hasn't ever thrown anywhere close to that much against anyone.

You underrate Spence's ability to take away your best weapon, he's kinda like what Belichek is to football. Against Mikey his best weapon is that one two of his Spence constantly jabbed and stepped back or to the side, he constantly kept that lead foot in front of Mikey's to block his ability to step in on him to close the gap. Once Mikey knew Spence was never gonna allow himself to be in range of that one-two he realized he had nothing for him and just fought to survive.

Danny's best weapon is that no look hook of his over the top, what did Spence do he smothered Danny and kept pushing him backwards off his spot. He threw Danny's timing off by constantly changing up the speed and the level of his jab and even when he did have to put himself in range of that hook he came in behind a high guard and stayed low so the hook would catch the top of his gloves. Without that hook Danny only had one other play which is to fight fire with fire and throw punches in volume which he isn't very good at and he got his eye collected.
Not this fight but in general. Danny always has issues with active fighters because he 99% of the time doesn't punch enough. Spence beat him because of activity & his jab which Swift couldn't get out of the way of & had no answer for

Against Ugas he simply had to keep his guard high and step inside and shift away from his lead hand aka his jab. Once inside he positioned himself to where that jab would leave him off balance and he wouldn't be able to throw it with effect, notice Spence constantly burrowing his shoulder into Ugas, that's how he positioned Ugas constantly to take left hook after left hook and got his eye collected. Without his jab to set up his offense Ugas doesn't have much because he is not a good inside fighter at all.
Ugas fought a dumb fight bro. He usually controls space/distance well with a little step back but didn't even try it. And he stopped jabbing consistently by the third round & was fighting toe to toe just about. He even stopped countering & tried fighting an inside fight with a good inside fighter lol. Even Mares commented on that which was surprising. He let Spence close the gap & didn't try moving to the side, jabbing or leading with a straight right. Just straight up no strategy. He let Spence go to the body without paying a price for it which is a cardinal sin. And when he had Spence hurt bad, he thought staring & "Sweet Sciencing" him to death would finish the job lol. Pure stupidity on his part
Even against Kell Brook when the right hand was landing Spence started jabbing and stepping back on him because Brook was having success with the straight right as a counter, not as a lead. Once Spence took the counter away he would jab step back, Brook would try to step in and would take a lot of punishment because he moved in to far and left himself open for a beating.
Brook was countering over the top of his jab with a left for half the fight. When Spence adjusted by doubling the jab, Brook had no answer & started getting carved up because he has no inside game
Out of the four scoring criteria of boxing: effective aggression, defense, ring generalship, and clean and effective punching one area I have never seen anyone beat Spence in was the ring generalship battle. He has literally made everyone he has fought eventually fight exactly the fight he wanted them to.

We'll see though Spence being a southpaw, if he fights Thurman and the first thing you see is him jabbing and circling to Thurman's left just know I told you exactly what was gonna happen bro.
I wouldn't doubt if Spence starts off very cautious against Thurman because I'm sure he knows the danger. But I don't think he can beat Thurman in a boxing match because Thurman's the superior boxer with the better feet. Spence needs his feet planted to get his shyt off & can't fight on the back foot or punch on the move. He's too stiff & heavy footed. So what worked with Mikey, will not work with Thurman because of his feet & movement. Thurman punches well on the move & is good at running guys into counters.

But if Spence stops him & that's a big if because Thurman's shown grit by taking big body shots & not even taking a knee, it'll be at the end of the fight. I think this fight is closer than you & others really believe

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Not this fight but in general. Danny always has issues with active fighters because he 99% of the time doesn't punch enough. Spence beat him because of activity & his jab which Swift couldn't get out of the way of & had no answer for

Ugas fought a dumb fight bro. He usually controls space/distance well with a little step back but didn't even try it. And he stopped jabbing consistently by the third round & was fighting toe to toe just about. He even stopped countering & tried fighting an inside fight with a good inside fighter lol. Even Mares commented on that which was surprising. He let Spence close the gap & didn't try moving to the side, jabbing or leading with a straight right. Just straight up no strategy. He let Spence go to the body without paying a price for it which is a cardinal sin. And when he had Spence hurt bad, he thought staring & "Sweet Sciencing" him to death would finish the job lol. Pure stupidity on his part

Brook was countering over the top of his jab with a left for half the fight. When Spence adjusted by doubling the jab, Brook had no answer & started getting carved up because he has no inside game

I wouldn't doubt if Spence starts off very cautious against Thurman because I'm sure he knows the danger. But I don't think he can beat Thurman in a boxing match because Thurman's the superior boxer with the better feet. Spence needs his feet planted to get his shyt off & can't fight on the back foot or punch on the move. He's too stiff & heavy footed. So what worked with Mikey, will not work with Thurman because of his feet & movement. Thurman punches well on the move & is good at running guys into counters.

But if Spence stops him & that's a big if because Thurman's shown grit by taking big body shots & not even taking a knee, it'll be at the end of the fight. I think this fight is closer than you & others really believe
I don't think Ugas went in for the kill because he, being the guy in the ring, realized Spence wasn't hurt as badly as you think he was. Spence legs were never shaky and he had a smirk on his face after those punches. Then he proceeded to beat the shyt out of him the very next round like nothing ever happened. If Spence was hurt he recovered almost unnaturally quickly bro, like he took a bump of coke or something. Spence prevented Ugas from doing what he normally does because he dictated everything about that fight. Where they fought, how they fought, even the speed of it. It's one of the more dominant performances I've seen out of him.

Brook countered with the left and the right, the big punch Spence adjusted against was the straight right which he took himself out of position to get hit with. And yes Brook being a typical brit has no inside game at all.

As far as Thurman being a better boxer... :francis: you gonna find out if they fight how very wrong you are about that one, I already have a pretty good idea exactly how that fight is gonna go and if Thurman is the better boxer he will have an answer for the adjustment Spence will make unlike everyone else who just got they ass beat once Spence figured them out. As far as him not having a backfoot ask Kell Brook and Mikey if Spence has no backfoot. That's literally how he beat them bro.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't think Ugas went in for the kill because he, being the guy in the ring, realized Spence wasn't hurt as badly as you think he was. Spence legs were never shaky and he had a smirk on his face after those punches. Then he proceeded to beat the shyt out of him the very next round like nothing ever happened. If Spence was hurt he recovered almost unnaturally quickly bro, like he took a bump of coke or something.

Brook countered with the left and the right, the big punch Spence adjusted against was the straight right which he took himself out of position to get hit with.

As far as Thurman being a better boxer... :francis: you gonna find out if they fight how very wrong you are about that one, I already have a pretty good idea exactly how that fight is gonna go and if Thurman is the better boxer he will have an answer for the adjustment Spence will make unlike everyone else who just got they ass beat once Spence figured them out.

man these nikkas are weirdos lmfao. Spence be beating the legit dog shyt outta nikkas and making them question life. Nobody else is doing this in boxing. After Spence beats your ass your whole career trajectory changes :mjlol:

Thurman finna be a podcaster come fall 2023.