Erykah Badu wants to cancel rappers...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The sad part is our own people will attack her for saying this, disgusting. Ignorance is easy and fun, these idiots will always defend it...no matter the frightening effect it clearly has on our impressionable ass youth
There’s actually a lot of these young rappers who we would consider “ignorant” who have been on the front lines marching.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Craziness bro...and I ain't read not 1 post in here, smh, it's always the same reaction though when someone brings up how demonic and poisonous the content is in this shyt
The post isn’t about the content tho. It’s about the lack of balance in action outside of that content. Which like I said. Some of the most ignorant rappers out have been out there in the front lines protesting.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s actually a lot of these young rappers who we would consider “ignorant” who have been on the front lines marching.
That's fire...I respect anybody on the front lines for what's right...my only question to them would be why isnt your message and what you push onto the masses in unison with your actions? I'm not gonna partake in a "Fight Obesity" march then leave there and go back to my fast food business selling you the poison that's contributing to you being obese. Money shouldnt supersede Morals, imo.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That's fire...I respect anybody on the front lines for what's right...my only question to them would be why isnt your message and what you push onto the masses in unison with your actions? I'm not gonna partake in a "Fight Obesity" march then leave there and go back to my fast food business selling you the poison that's contributing to you being obese. Money shouldnt supercede Morals, imo.
Because this music shyt is just like everything else. Entertainment. Honestly. Some people aren’t very articulate or even well versed. And are more about action and doing. And that’s OK. People have layers to them. It even shocked me and I had to fall the fukk back with how I felt about some of these cats. Outside of them nikkas bein trash. But that’s more of a skill and talent criticism than anything. For me. I like balance. And I don’t want all rappers to be one thing. I like balance in subject matter. We are the only ones who get so severely scrutinized for what we rap about yet if u take a look. Statistics prove the complete opposite. The streets are FAR less crazy than they were when there was no violence in black music and everyone was singing about love.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The sad part is our own people will attack her for saying this, disgusting. Ignorance is easy and fun, these idiots will always defend it...no matter the frightening effect it clearly has on our impressionable ass youth

Yep... and some of em hate women anyway, so it makes the vitriol even stronger.

Nowhere did anyone say everybody has to become Public Enemy overnight, but if there was ever a time for nikkas to get back to speaking up against the problems facing us, it's now.

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i mean on a real level its dumb to perpetually listen to some shyt that is basically telling you to ruin your life...its tricky..we watch movies and usually dont end up all wild from that... people gotta teach their kids better is what needs to happen.

i listen to tons of Mobb Deep, MOP, some of the most gangster shyt ever but i dont necessarily wanna go out and make breh's ante up. but its an interesting thought when you look at what most artists rap about especially on the mainstream. they paint a picture as if thats all being black is about and thats where it gets kinda messed up.

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
Dumbass false equivalence. Movies aren't designed to push an entire race into living to fit stereotypes and throw their lives away:camby:

LMAO you literally described acting and why people act! This fukkin country is a stage show and pushes an agenda for each culture to Follow and believe what they display so they assume and agree that is what they go through!

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
i mean on a real level its dumb to perpetually listen to some shyt that is basically telling you to ruin your life...its tricky..we watch movies and usually dont end up all wild from that... people gotta teach their kids better is what needs to happen.

i listen to tons of Mobb Deep, MOP, some of the most gangster shyt ever but i dont necessarily wanna go out and make breh's ante up. but its an interesting thought when you look at what most artists rap about especially on the mainstream. they paint a picture as if thats all being black is about and thats where it gets kinda messed up.
Basically. We need balance.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
LMAO you literally described acting and why people act! This fukkin country is a stage show and pushes an agenda for each culture to Follow and believe what they display so they assume and agree that is what they go through!
Once again, does the movie industry specifically target black youth to condition into degenerates? No? Well the rap industry most certainly does. I know it's a very difficult concept for y'all to grasp, so I'll give y'all all day to get it if you must. The movie industry is nowhere near as damaging to black folks SPECIFICALLY as many forms of rap music has been. Y'all can keep dodging around the truth and throw all the irrelevant strawmen you want, but it's still the truth brehs. Matter fact, what exact type of black rappers does the music industry tend to push the most and why exactly do they push them?:jbhmm:
Simple fukking question, don't dance around it.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
90s rap was violent as fukk too. Lol. How bout she stops painting a broad picture?

90s rap was not as violent and contemporary as 2000s.

those same violent acts your referring to balanced out lyrics with philosophical and or historical/intelligent content

i dont kno any artists who even emulate that subgenre today aside from those tied to legacy acts

Once again, does the movie industry specifically target black youth to condition into degenerates?

Yes X 100

not taking sides as im just seeing this comment above mine. but the answer is YES.

movies have scores and soundtracks. cinema and music go hand in hand.