Erykah Badu wants to cancel rappers...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
90s rap was not as violent and contemporary as 2000s.

those same violent acts your referring to balanced out lyrics with philosophical and or historical/intelligent content

i dont kno any artists who even emulate that subgenre aside from those tied to legacy acts
Honestly the violent rap ain’t really that popular right now. It’s mostly druggie rap and money shyt. The 90s had a really dope balance on a mainstream level. And that’s in all forms of black entertainment. We just don’t have that anymore on a mainstream level. U got young cats like YBN Cordae who don’t get pushed as much as people in his own crew who are FAR less talented.

The Minister Of Culture

kickin incredibly dope shyt
Supporter
Daps
Speech from Arrested Development & Malcom Jamal Warner tried to get black ppl to do this and got the :scust: :camby::stopitslime: from the community

:mjlol:@ thinking this is gonna be any different for Erykah Badu

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Honestly the violent rap ain’t really that popular right now.

honestly you responded so fast i dont think you even know what you said

first you challenge my inital comment as if what i said was false then you agree in this comment

we need more 90s rap = 90s had a dope mainstream balance

as far as violent rap not being popular now is hilarious when every mainstream rap song mentions choppers and killing ops.

Daps
This the same bytch that was tellin us to stop riotin a couple weeks ago fukk outta here fake revolutionary:camby:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
honestly you responded so fast i dont think you even know what you said

first you challenge my inital comment as if what i said was false then you agree in this comment

we need more 90s rap = 90s had a dope mainstream balance

as far as violent rap not being popular now is hilarious when every mainstream rap song mentions choppers and killing ops.
Most of the biggest rappers ain’t really on that type of time. There little pocket movements here n there like Drill etc etc but overall it is what it is. Don’t matter anyway because I agree that nikkas need that 90s balance. Lol

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Most of the biggest rappers ain’t really on that type of time.

dababy lil baby playboi carti drake future
travis scott

all current chart toppers

even the simp/love songs have mentions of ops and sticks.

hiphops mainstream redeeming quality is very low imo

wana edit my comment to acknowledge the gun culture in the south and midwest that the east doesnt have

and all of those artists i listed have songs i fck wit

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
dababy lil baby playboi carti drake future
travis scott

all current chart toppers

even the simp/love songs have mentions of ops and sticks.

hiphops mainstream redeeming quality is very low imo
Playboi Carti is mostly get lit type shyt. nikka barely has lyrics. Lol. U see what Lil Baby doin right now. nikka just dropped a whole anthem for what’s going on right now. Drake is soft as baby shyt 90% of the time in his music. Lol. nikka don’t even rap full time. I will give u Da Baby and Future. Travis? Nah. Not at all. He more on that drug/get lit/ Kanye wave. nikka ain’t really all that violent in his raps bro. nikkas wouldn’t even get away with saying some of the shyt nikkas said in the 90s bro. Lol

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Playboi Carti is mostly get lit type shyt. nikka barely has lyrics. Lol. U see what Lil Baby doin right now. nikka just dropped a whole anthem for what’s going on right now. Drake is soft as baby shyt 90% of the time in his music. Lol. nikka don’t even rap full time. I will give u Da Baby and Future. Travis? Nah. Not at all. He more on that drug/get lit/ Kanye wave. nikka ain’t really all that violent in his raps bro. nikkas wouldn’t even get away with saying some of the shyt nikkas said in the 90s bro. Lol

i dont remember kanye ever threatening the listener with guns (speakin on before darkfantasy)

these new nggaz talk gun talk like water its way more prevelant nowadays (2000 and up) than 90s.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
i dont remember kanye ever threatening the listener with guns (speakin on before darkfantasy)

these new nggaz talk gun talk like water its way more prevelant nowadays (2000 and up) than 90s.
:ehh: I could see that. But ain’t no shyt like this coming out right now brodie.. lol

And if you got a daughter older than 15, I'ma rape her
Take her on the livin' room floor, right there in front of you
Then ask you seriously, whatchu wanna do?
Frustratin', isn't it? Wanna kill me, but I'ma kill you
Now watch me fukk just a little while longer, please, will you?
This is revenge, know that before you die
And despite how much I hate to see a grown man cry
I'ma make you suffer, see your ass in Hell, motherfukker
Click, boom-boom, see your ass in hell..