Ether is overrated

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME" and lines like "fukk knowledge" don't sound childish to you? :comeon:

Both are great diss tracks, but you're just straight stanning b.

Cockafella :comeon:

Rockefeller died of AIDS :comeon:

I rock hoes y'all rock fellers :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cockafella :comeon:

Rockefeller died of AIDS :comeon:

I rock hoes y'all rock fellers :comeon:

I'll give you cockafella and gay-z. But that rock hoes y'all rock fellas line is one of the straight up best diss lines out there, you straight stanning trying to overwrite it as lame.

When half of Jay's verse is some automated robot yelling "laaaaaaame" and variations of it it is childish. Jay had some sick lines towards Nas but you're blind if you think both didn't throw childish insults at each other. :stopitslime:

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
I'll give you cockafella and gay-z. But that rock hoes y'all rock fellas line is one of the straight up best diss lines out there, you straight stanning trying to overwrite it as lame.

When half of Jay's verse is some automated robot yelling "laaaaaaame" and variations of it it is childish. Jay had some sick lines towards Nas but you're blind if you think both didn't throw childish insults at each other. :stopitslime:

So you think Jay is a faq :comeon:

JetSetter22

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmfaooo @ the clown that said Takeover had facts....those were opinions jay was feeling after Nas didnt pick up the phone wen j was getting chased thru his building

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Only thing wack about Ether is the beat.
Lyrically a diss song is supposed to be "childish", not serious.
Viscous jokes, which Ether contained in excess almost is what makes diss tracks dope.

nikkas looking like Larry Holmes Flabby and Sick, is 10 times better than any line about bombing or stealing styles on Hit'em Up as far as dissing goes.

lmfaooo @ the clown that said Takeover had facts....those were opinions jay was feeling after Nas didnt pick up the phone wen j was getting chased thru his building
Facts was about the tec, what he did to/with Carmen, Nas not living it and seeing his mans and creative a fictional persona (Nas is a narrator though, a dope one at that), Nas getting fukked by labels (Jay too by Payday) and almost everything about Mobb.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
most overrated diss track of all time easily

That goes to "bytch In Yoo"...Ether wuz a good enuff diss coming from the underdog,had he dissed Jay with that first and Takeover wuz the response it'd be a whole nother discussion today...but :manny:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Now that im older i can finally say that Ether is not as hot as when it first came out, but at the time it shocked and suprised everyone who thought Nas was done. And that is what made people think it was more harsher than it really was. And Jay-z sobbing on the radio didn't help matters either.