Evander Holyfield says Bowe and Tyson were afraid of Lennox Lewis

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alotta disrespect for Lewis round here. Lennox was better than Holyfield.
No disrespect for lewis, he was a good heavyweight not this dominating champion that his fans think he was, thing is lewis was a non draw and non factor during the primes of tyson and holyfield, i never heard this best of his generation hype til he beat a old fat crackhead tyson, and holyfield was just a plain better fighter although lewis was more consistent as champion, lewis was a boring non-draw

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Did nikkas forget the ass kickin lewis gave holyfield in the 1st fight? As far as NOT dominating,who did he need to beat,that didnt get beat?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Did nikkas forget the ass kickin lewis gave holyfield in the 1st fight? As far as NOT dominating,who did he need to beat,that didnt get beat?

yeah that was a fukked up decision..my pops is a big holyfield fan and he was all :sadcam: before them scores were read...after they were read he started jumping up and down the hallway and started :stylin:lol...lewis had the :what::sadcam: going..nikka couldn't believe it..second fight was much closer though and lewis deserved that nod..but neither of them fights were classics...holyfield was in the very beginning stage of his slide and lewis still couldn't hurt him

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i never personally liked lewis as i mentioned before...dude never showed any fire..like he couldnt wait to whoop some ass unless someone got him in trouble like he did against briggs and mercer..but he was a big, strong, and skilled heavyweight..lennox has a great career but to compare it against holyfield's?:what: ...holyfield was lineal and undisputed in 2 weight divisions...and lets not even compare holyfield fights to lewis fights

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
How did tyson duck foreman? at what point was foreman ever in ANY position to challenge tyson? while foreman was putting on circus matches against fat truck drivers tyson was the heavyweight champion or on his way to trying to recapture the title, be real, tyson wouldve laid his ass out, alot of heavys had good chins til tyson cracked them, foreman never looked dominant save one fight in his comeback, the rest he was getting beat up, check what alex stewart did to his face.

oh yeah and i have said tyson post prison was washed but he still mananged to reclaim 2 out of the 3 titles, face it he was more dominant in his reign that foreman and lewis ever were prime or not
Breh its well known Foreman targeted a pre prison Tyson around 1989, Tyson hid behind Don King and ducked just like he hid behind King and ducked a youg Lewis. Why does Tyson act like Tyon wasnt fighting cab drivers also, Foreman victory vs a Prime Moore is better than any victory Tyson had in his career and not only the 90s

Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman he seen him as a legit threat unlike everybody else and rightfully so

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/foreman_tyson_fl.html

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, "Georgie, You'll never believe this but, fukkin' Tyson is scared shyt less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that fukkin' animal, if you love the motherfukker so much, you fight him!'"

Goodman stated that Tyson said Foreman was much better than people thought, and was a dangerous fight for any of the top heavyweights. Goodman proceeded to explain how Tyson was calling Foreman a big con man, and explained that the grandpop act was just a front. He said Tyson saw Foreman as trying to set up the boxing world into thinking he was a pushover, knowing that he really wasn't. Tyson said Foreman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Goodman continued to say that after seeing Tyson's response to King trying to push him into a fight with Foreman, he had no doubt that Tyson had fear of Foreman. He also said that from that point on, he felt that if Foreman and Tyson ever fought, Foreman would knock Tyson out

Throughout the lunch Goodman, Duva, Benton, and myself shared stories and thoughts on the fight game. Out of the blue Goodman said, "Oh I remember why else Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman. He said that King had found out from Steve Lott that Tyson and Cus D'Amato used to watch the Frazier-Foreman fight over and over." He continued saying that Tyson loved that fight because he was awed by Foreman's power and Frazier's toughness and how he kept getting up after every knockdown. He also said that Lott told King that Cus sat alongside Tyson saying, "It's suicide against Foreman if you're short and fight a swarming attacking style like Marciano or Frazier," never figuring that Foreman could be a possible Tyson opponent down the road. He said that Cus said the only fighters who had a chance against Foreman were, tall rangy fighters who could fight him from a distance while moving away from him, and no way any swarmer could beat Foreman by going to him.

Those are the words of the man who actually had a hand in trying to make the Foreman-Tyson fight, and was in the room when the negotiations broke down. Over the years, I've talked to many people who were involved with Tyson and Foreman and they all verify the story, every one of them. I have also talked to people who were involved with promoting Foreman, including Ron Weathers who promoted a few of Foreman's comeback fights. He told me the same story. The fight didn't happen because of Tyson being fearful of losing to George. Bob Arum also said that he dreamed of making Foreman-Tyson. He said it would be huge money and that Foreman would stop Tyson easier than he did Frazier. This is something Arum often repeated to the press. I have also heard this from George's brother Roy who was his business manager. I co-hosted a boxing show with Roy in Atlantic City for a little less than two months and this was a regular topic when discussing Tyson. Anyone who covered boxing at the time or knew any of the involved parties knew of this. It's not breaking news.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont see lewis beating a prime tyson much less da tyson who fought ruddock
Especially with da way he fought back then

Him vs prime holyfield would be interesting
Steroid head monster holyfield makes me sick

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps