Evangelical Christians are beginning to complain that Jesus is too weak, woke, and liberal.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
People have been causing destruction in the name of Christianity.
The Roman Catholic Church is at the forefront.

Even today you have New Age adherents opening churches in the name of Christianity. In reality they are worshipping Satan and leading people astray and a lot of their leaders know it.

That's why it's most important for people to read/study the Bible for themselves. There's too many deceivers out here.

A lot of these churches are more about the money than they are about teaching what's in the Bible. They preach a feel good gospel, a prosperity gospel, a lie.

That's why GOD said if HE didn't shorten the days in the end times, the very elect would be deceived. It's sadistic, it's pervasive, and that's what enemy spirits do. They lead people astray.

GOD told us not to sin, and this is what sin brings. You open yourself up to be deceived. And mankind has been deceived.

You on point
The mystery of iniquity will deceive a ton.
The main thing they are pushing now is conflating all these counterfeit gods with being the same as the Most High through religion and doctrine.

Religion does NOT equate to being the Bible. In fact the word of God teaches against all these fake deities very plainly

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These folks listen and are just there to be there. In all reality they hear the stories and relate closer to Pontius Pilot

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always found it surprising how many people don't read the Bible themselves. Instead, they attend church and rely on pastors for the highlights. Getting started by reading the four Gospels uncovers inconsistencies in the stories, particularly in the Book of John, which shapes a big part of Christianity but is wildly different in its depiction of Jesus.

Paul was very sure Jesus would return soon, even in his lifetime. This has been nearly 2000 years. Jesus himself said in Matthew 16:28:

"Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

When you compare the description of the Messiah with Jesus, it doesn't quite fit. The Messiah is supposed to bring global peace as mentioned in Isaiah 2:4, but that hasn't happened. Just that simple scripture, makes Jesus being the messiah invalid.

Also, there's a misunderstanding about the virgin birth. The original Hebrew word means "young woman," not "virgin." Many inconsistencies and questions arise from the New Testament. Christians are easily misled because they don't spend enough time reading and understanding the scriptures they're given.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
I've always found it surprising how many people don't read the Bible themselves. Instead, they attend church and rely on pastors for the highlights. Getting started by reading the four Gospels uncovers inconsistencies in the stories, particularly in the Book of John, which shapes a big part of Christianity but is wildly different in its depiction of Jesus.

Paul was very sure Jesus would return soon, even in his lifetime. This has been nearly 2000 years. Jesus himself said in Matthew 16:28:

"Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

When you compare the description of the Messiah with Jesus, it doesn't quite fit. The Messiah is supposed to bring global peace as mentioned in Isaiah 2:4, but that hasn't happened. Just that simple scripture, makes Jesus being the messiah invalid.

Also, there's a misunderstanding about the virgin birth. The original Hebrew word means "young woman," not "virgin." Many inconsistencies and questions arise from the New Testament. Christians are easily misled because they don't spend enough time reading and understanding the scriptures they're given.

@MMS

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

thats because the New Testament is a GREEK text. and the translation from Greek to Latin is not a completely clean one(and the subsequent translation of latin to english). So many concepts do not transfer over

even during the time of the eastern romans they(visigoths and ostrogoths who took up refuge in italy and would go on to form the papacy) did not want to be led by the byzantines and offered to make the byzantine general belisarius their king.

in either case, it would behoove many christians to learn about the eastern side of things which is much closer to the ancient church than the many schisms that have occurred along the way

furthermore, completely ignoring Judaism and Islam isnt the way either as there are some truths that they hold that can help anybody (albeit they have their own problems as well)

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

You sure breh?

Luke 1:34

"How will this be, since a man not I know"

Matthew 1:25
"and did not know her until she bore her son, the firstborn, and he called the name of HIM Jesus.

"ginōskō"
What does ginōskō mean in Hebrew?

The word ginōskō, on the other hand, often describes the kind of knowledge involved in building an intimate relationship with a person. In fact, ginōskō is tied so tightly to relationships that it is used to describe the sexual relations between a husband and wife (Matthew 1:25; Luke 1:34).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sure breh?

Luke 1:34

Matthew 1:25

"ginōskō"
You’re looking in the wrong area.

Luke doesn't explicitly reference his sources from the Old Testament, unlike Matthew who does. If you check the bottom of the text, you'll see that Matthew cites Isaiah 7:14 to support what he wrote in 1:23. Keep in mind that the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew.

Isaiah 7:14 in Hebrew is: "לָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא לָכֶם אוֹת הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּ אֵל׃"

Transliteration: "Laken yitten Adonai hu lakhem ot, hinneh ha'alma harah ve'yole'det ben ve'qar'at shemo Immanuel."

English Translation: "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

The Hebrew word for "virgin" is "בְּתוּלָה" (betulah).

The Hebrew word for "young woman" is "עַלְמָה" (almah).

Not to mention Jesus / Yeshua was never called Immanuel, clearly this span of text isn’t even mentioning the messiah. Read the entirety of Isaiah and it’s easy to see. So how do you explain such things? Matthew is quoting Isaiah and getting it entirely wrong from the very first chapter?

I began my journey by asking: how can I get the most accurate information? The answer was clear—by understanding the text in its original language. I don't fully trust people and their motives in translating and interpreting, especially when I see modern preachers who can be deceitful. So, I prefer to go back to the source language. James, a king who had the nerve to have named the holy Bible after himself, there's a chance of biases and intentions affecting its true meaning.

@MMS

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

Luke doesn't explicitly reference his sources from the Old Testament, unlike Matthew who does. If you check the bottom of the text, you'll see that Matthew cites Isaiah 7:14 to support what he wrote in 1:23. Keep in mind that the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew.

Isaiah 7:14 in Hebrew is: "לָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא לָכֶם אוֹת הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּ אֵל׃"

Transliteration: "Laken yitten Adonai hu lakhem ot, hinneh ha'alma harah ve'yole'det ben ve'qar'at shemo Immanuel."

English Translation: "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Not to mention Jesus / Yeshua was never called Immanuel, clearly this span of text isn’t even mentioning the messiah. Read the entirety of Isaiah and it’s easy to see. So how do you explain such things? Matthew is quoting Isaiah and getting it entirely wrong from the very first chapter?

I began my journey by asking: how can I get the most accurate information? The answer was clear—by understanding the text in its original language. I don't fully trust people and their motives in translating and interpreting, especially when I see modern preachers who can be deceitful. So, I prefer to go back to the source language. James, a king who had the nerve to have named the holy Bible after himself, there's a chance of biases and intentions affecting its true meaning.

@MMS

So you're trying to sit here and deny the New Testament and Yeshua's place as Messiah? That's the spirit of the enemy breh.

Have fun with that.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

@MMS
:leon: look at you here...being all studious

the mistake of ALL christian interpretations of Isaiah 53

Isaiah 53:1-2
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
but on the contrary, if you understand the name of Isaiah (YHWH is Salvation) and the manner in which Jews understand the text (the small world is more powerful than the large) you will understand that some letters are not just "simples" @Koichos

Yodh is a unique letter in the hebrew alphabet

Position in alphabet10
Numerical value10
both its value and position are the same...

the only other letter which contains one and zero is Qoph :jbhmm: but its position is 19...but still 10 times 10 or 10 squared means it too is significant
e-honda.gif

Last edited: