Every Track on Kendrick Lamar's 'DAMN.' Is Now RIAA-Certified

Daps
I'd agree it's his weakest album. It's dope but I don't get how ppl call it classic. Why? I get why GKMC is classic, and you can easily argue TPAB is classic. But how did DAMN impact rap outside of being a smash hit album?
TPAB>GKMC>DAMN. if I include s80...I think I'd take DAMN over it but I gotta listen to s80 again. I remember there being a couple weaker tracks (No Makeup lmao) but overall being dope.

First non-classical/jazz artist to win a pulitzer. thats big for rap, i'm sure others want that prize too :lupe:. if not, it's bigger than rap :manny:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I can’t get into the DAMN album. A few songs but overall it’s just boring to me. I’m still bumping TPAB. but congrats to that man!
I think we're in the minority but I definitely agree with u here.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
The fact that Kendrick and Cole are rappity rap nikkas (as far as this generation is concerned) and doing numbers got me :whew:
When you put actual effort into your craft it’ll bring you actual long lasting success (if you’re disciplined to sustain it) a lot of nikkas in this rap climate only rapping like they living
Short

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I'd agree it's his weakest album. It's dope but I don't get how ppl call it classic. Why? I get why GKMC is classic, and you can easily argue TPAB is classic. But how did DAMN impact rap outside of being a smash hit album?

TPAB>GKMC>DAMN

if I include s80...I think I'd take DAMN over it but I gotta listen to s80 again. I remember there being a couple weaker tracks (No Makeup lmao) but overall being dope.

DAMN will go down as Kendricks Hard knock life Vol 2 (coincidently 3 album). Crossover album that catipult him in the mainstream forefront of hip hop. Made him a household name, it's an album filled with hits. Some consider Vol2 including Hov himself as a classic.

After going to the TDE championship tour I've gained a greater appreciation for this album and Kendrick ability to make hits. Big Shot live was:whoo:, so was levitate, King Kunta, X, Kings Dead and Alright. Not to mention the obvious hits on DAMN. bytch Don't kill my vibe remix, Maad city, second part of XXX and money trees live was the icing on the cake. Must go show if you haven't seen him live yet, with sza being out his act was extended.

Last edited: