Everyone admits social media is the WOAT. Ban TikTok? Oh no!!

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Alright someone explain why people can't just make the same exact TikTok content on Instagram

:why:

it's about tiktoks discoverability algorithm which users and creators all agree is way better than instagram and youtube, also not everybody has a instagram account or want one. you can view dozens or hundreds of videos on tiktok without an account but Instagram will prompt you to login after you watch a handful of videos within a short period of time. oppose walled garden online services.

can you explain why you support a framework of internet censorship rather than a framework for regulating how companies collect data on U.S consumers?

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's about tiktoks discoverability algorithm which users and creators all agree is way better than instagram and youtube, also not everybody has a instagram account or want one. you can dozens or hundreds o videos on tiktok without an account but Instagram will prompt you to login after you watch a handful of videos within a short period of time. oppose wall garden online services.

can you explain why you support a framework of internet censorship rather than a framework for regulating how companies collect data on U.S consumers?
Discoverable algorithm is better because it's more addictive?

That's what it really sounds like.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s more of a free speech issue… and IG’s platform doesn’t compare to TikTok’s when it comes to how TikTok’s algorithm works
Yeah I don't think it's this algorithm shyt.

Tiktokkers sound like gun owners in the gun debate. They don't have any argument other than "fukk you, I like Tiktok"

I'm not buying this censorship stuff at all.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I don't think it's this algorithm shyt.

Tiktokkers sound like gun owners in the gun debate. They don't have any argument other than "fukk you, I like Tiktok"

I'm not buying this censorship stuff at all.

So you’re not really here for discussion or discernment?

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it's bad thing for pluriformity of information sources. If it's all owned by one side broadly speaking, even if it is not the same owner, that's a bad thing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know a lot of people who even know what an algorithm IS? Much less take that into consideration when joining a social media platform?

Be real dude.

:beli:

They don’t have to know what an algorithm is to feel the effects of one and proceed to indulge in it…… IG/Twitter ain’t providing that feeling

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They don’t have to know what an algorithm is to feel the effects of one and proceed to indulge in it…… IG/Twitter ain’t providing that feeling
Which brings me back to my point.

People just love how addictive, and really ...how manipulative it is.

Tiktok has no problem censoring shyt in China but people want us to believe censorship matters now?

:usure:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Conceited Americans think they have to control every aspect of life and technology, or it needs to be destroyed. Stop trying to force 97% of the planet to kiss your asses.