Evidence - Unlearning (prod. Graymatter) Pre-order for new Ev album drops next week (April 19, 2021)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Some new info from the Crate 808 podcast. Not much, but still just a bit.

• The new album is going to be different than anything else. He said he cannot do another Weather style album; songs based on having good hooks for live shows, being an extension of Dilated, etc. He said he based his solo work so far on sounding good at a live show, and this album isn't centered around that.
  • The original plan was for him to produce all of it himself, but it didn't work out that way. There will still be a fully self-produced album, but that will follow this one.
  • This new album will be more minimal sounding, with more of a stripped down or lo-fi feel to it. Less adlibs, no doubling vocal tracks, etc. He said love or hate the next album, it will be respected by everyone.
  • He didn't say much about who is producing besides himself, but Alchemist, Nottz, and Graymatter are on it.
  • There's going to be another Step Brothers album. They don't really set aside time to do albums. They just bottle up random joints they've worked on after a period of time.
  • He said Roc Marci is a huge inspiration, because most emcees don't actually get better over time, but Roc went from being pretty good to one of the best over a couple of decades. He said he was proud of the joint he did with Roc (Love Means) because he at least held his own.

@NVious @savoutch @T.H.E. Goat @Piff Perkins @Ohene @Stez @Tetris v2.0 @ManBearPig @Pack2 @Morose Polymath @x-factor7 @ADP @Zero @NYK Loyalist @dubsmith_nz

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:salute: for the updates I'm looking forward to this!

I like the minimalist approach and the Roc Marci influence....that's a great sign IMO :myman:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Have we got any closer to a release date? Sounds like this project could potentially be his most personal if hes going for more of a lo fi sound and less reliant on big hooks.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Have we got any closer to a release date? Sounds like this project could potentially be his most personal if hes going for more of a lo fi sound and less reliant on big hooks.
I know the album is completely finished, mixed, etc. I'm guessing late Q3 or Q4. I know he wants to get it out this year, and I can't imagine Rhymesayers being too busy to accommodate one of their bigger artists.

Also, last I heard, the album was called Tough Crowd, but the name may have changed.