Fabolous & T.I. debate using the word ‘country’

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps

What’s your thoughts? I get both sides, but I’ve lived in 40-60 cities all over in my lifetime.
I’d react exactly like T.I. if someone said I was “country” but Idk, they were in the south too. It’s all relative.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

What’s your thoughts? I get both sides, but I’ve lived in 40-60 cities all over in my lifetime.
I’d react exactly like T.I. if someone said I was “country” but Idk, they were in the south too. It’s all relative.

funny thing calling people country is fighting words in most places

I seen Jamaicans do it and Africans do it. Same energy... it's slick talk

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
The fukk are you talking about :dame:
Just talking shyt
full

invalid

Banned
Daps
Being from the north we just call anything associated with the south “country“.

Like, all my family in the south, no matter where they live, are referred to as the “country cousins”. They can make more money than us, live in better homes, be better educated, don’t matter, still referred to as the “country cousins”.

But I can see TI’s perspective. It’s probably viewed the same way when in Africa someone says someone is from the “bush” or “the village”.

But a point should also be made with respect to dialect. To me, a Whitley Gilbert is “southern”. And using that as a reference, someone that sounds like TI would be country.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
"I agree with Beyonce". Of course you do Fabolous. So scared to have discourse if it's a disagreement with a superstar artist

Anyway, County is derogatory. If TI is from the city, then he's actually not "Country"

Even if you grew up far away from the city, I would say they are from a Rural or Small town area

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp