Fabolous & T.I. debate using the word ‘country’

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Not as clear cut as North and South. My cousin went to school in Atlanta decades ago.
He said local people he knew would make fun of/make assumptions about people who were from rural parts of Georgia or from Alabama. Basically city versus country stuff.
He said to his ear, he couldn't tell the difference between those accents.

He also said a lot of NY area dudes were down there at the time. College kids, music industry, and street dudes. Said some went down there trying to clown ATL accents. Same guys he knew who were clowning their fellow Georgians for being "country" got offended by NYers doing it to them.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Wait, isn't TI's man known as Big Kuntry?

MI0003591236.jpg

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Legit country (rural) folks be proud as hell tho.
It don’t matter where your from… Atlanta. NYC.
You still can’t tell them shyt :manny:

TIP might have a bit of city inferiority complex
This me. From a country town right outside a major city in NC, then moved to a small Mississippi town.

When I went to college, folks would try to be slick with the name calling, but my country ass was in a degree program tougher than what they was going through. I embrace the shyt now. My accent thick, and I love my country ways. My pop would joke and call himself a country ass dude. When he get drunk, he be sounding and rambling like that nikka Pimp C

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Wait, isn't TI's man known as Big Kuntry?

MI0003591236.jpg
Big Kuntry King is from Charleston originally. I lived out there for 9 years and people swore they knew him/his family when he was a kid. That’s still “city” like in my opinion, especially to the rest of South Carolina, but that’s why I say it’s all relative.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Tip should of said calling somebody a chipped tooth bytch isn’t a insult :troll:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
A New Yorker will call places like upstate ny and parts of long island “country”

so it’s all relative

but yea mostly it’s derogatory and aimed at southerners
Facts. I spent time in NYC and Buffalo/Toronto and NYCers will act like anything that doesn’t have more rats than hu,and per square mile is “the country”— and it always a person that came from Mount Vernon or some shyt :mjlol:

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I’ll never forget in college, this nikka used to try and clown calling nikkas country and shyt. Always wore a Yankee fitted, and tried to put on like he was from NYC. One dude pressed him, and come to find out, breh from Fayetteville NC. Clowned that dude everytime we saw him. You out here flaugin, and you from country ass Fayetteville. Was a few dudes in NC that did shyt like that lol

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Louisiana is funny nikkas from the city call Baton Rouge nikkas country :mjlol:

Now I’m from Cali so to me both New Orleans nikkas and Baton Rouge sound the same:russ:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Most if not all black Americans have country ties
That’s from West to East
Midwest to North
I don’t understand why people hate that connotation
Being from the country my be a pretext that folks use that don’t know any better or have not ideal on their roots
Black people didn’t just pop up in different regions
The great migration was a thing
And now the great migration is going back to what is home/roots
The funny thing about humans is the need to stunt or look bigger/more impressive than your counterpart
But once you get sick, lose your job and any other kind of humbleness act occurs
You really see what all the bullshyt is really about

Asante

All Star
Daps
T.I is right. You’re trying to be on some slick shyt calling and southern cat country. You’re trying to say they’re stupid and less than:yeshrug:

That’s been the stereotype bro…