Fabolous & T.I. debate using the word ‘country’

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
That up north, down south rivalry been going on for a long time. My cousins in Raleigh used to call my siblings and I country as an insult. My father used to couldn’t stand folks from Charlotte, because they’d come and call him and others from the rural areas country. They didn’t think we were smart enough to realize they were being slick with calling us that.

@Get These Nets It’s funny how you mention the inner south, city vs country clowning, but getting offended when dudes not from the area joined in on the clowning. My family would talk cash shyt about South Carolina brehs and brehettes, but when others not from the area got to clowning, they’d get offended lol. Almost like some, I can talk about them, but you can’t.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Wait, isn't TI's man known as Big Kuntry?

MI0003591236.jpg
Big kuntry used to drop some fire mixtapes :wow:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
This why we all need to just stay in our own little regions... And use our own slang and have our own ideals...

Anything to the left, right, up or down I95, is country to a NY nikka...
It's just that simple.

And yes... We think down South nikkaz are slow.

But that ain't what country means to us...
It just means that you're not from the only city that matters to us, which is NY...
So you're country.

That shyt is retarded...but it is what it is

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It’s a diss just like when someone say you are from the burbs

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
People in Maryland call anyone not from there “Bama’s” as a derogatory term. My wife is from little town North Carolina. She can shoot, skin and kill any rodent alive. She’s proudly country. But me, being from Cincinnati can’t call her country. She will call herself country. Kinda like Beyoncé’s grandmother.