Fallout 4 (Official Thread)

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
It really is. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the game and exploring is kinda boring. AND I usually love exploring. I can't put my finger on it, but something is off. It's just not fun yet. Maybe it will be after I put some more hours in it. We'll see...
Have you been around Diamond city yet? All these unmarked towers full of raiders and mutants with the elevators up to the tops and shyt? this game is lit IMO

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah, I don't know why. I'm at a loss :yeshrug:. I just can't get into it. I'm gonna keep playing though. I usually love these types of games.

Dude i'm loving the gunfights in this shyt... running for my life, reloading, shooting nikkas in the eye... fighting super mutants blowing their kneecaps... running from the suicide allah akbar mini nuke muthafukkas like im jerry rice...

How are you NOT having fun?!!? :dahell: going off the beaten path leads to insane shyt..

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
I cannot for the life of me get into the settlement shyt. It is so boring and feels like a grind. I am worried I am going to miss out on content, relationships, etc. but that shyt just ain't for me.

Send me off with Dogmeat into the wasteland to loot and kill and I am a happy nomad. I am yet to do any other companion unless it forces me to. Had Strong stuck with me for a minute, and that clunky dude just standing in door ways or running out to fight while I am in full sneak\ninja assassin mode.

Anyone else struggling with companions and building? Am I gonna miss anything worthwhile to say fukk em both and just carry on as a loner and his dog?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I cannot for the life of me get into the settlement shyt. It is so boring and feels like a grind. I am worried I am going to miss out on content, relationships, etc. but that shyt just ain't for me.

Send me off with Dogmeat into the wasteland to loot and kill and I am a happy nomad. I am yet to do any other companion unless it forces me to. Had Strong stuck with me for a minute, and that clunky dude just standing in door ways or running out to fight while I am in full sneak\ninja assassin mode.

Anyone else struggling with companions and building? Am I gonna miss anything worthwhile to say fukk em both and just carry on as a loner and his dog?

The building shyt is optional... :francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

After fallout 4...I don't think I can play another open world / rpg / exploring game that DOESN'T allow me to build settlements...

shyt last night I just sat on my sofa like :whew: after I saved one settlement from a legendary deahtclaw...

Modified Cryolator FTW:whew:

As it stands now settlement releated DLC is the only DLC I am copping for this game

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Word. I just relocated my 3 sets to Starlight since it's more central & closer to my exploring sites than Sanc. Hill.

I find companions to be useful but very annoying, especially Cogsworth. He follows too closely behind, and never shuts the hell up. And I don't know why Bethesda decided to make them immortal....but then again, I question a lot of decisions they made regarding gameplay.

I think in an old interview Todd said that they decided to make companions immortal because people complained in the old fallout games companions would do dumb things to get themselves killed like pull out a fat man to kill a mole rat and blow themselves up and then you couldn't do their quest. Howard said it was not possible with the current engine to rewrite it to keep companions from doing things like that so they decided to just make it so they don't die. He said once the creation kit comes out people can make a mod to change it if they want.

Todd said specifically for dogmeat they found out that if he died people would just reload their game to a point that he wasn't dead.

I stopped using dogmeat after he would repeatedly barged through booby trapped doors and get me killed or alert some enemy. One time he ran off than came back running with a MIRELURK QUEEN chasing him:dahellwhat::yeah ok:

I was like "I thought these were only boss characters in the game" :dahellwhat:.

Got killed by Swan over the same thing twice...Dogmeat ran over to the pond and Swan just comes busting out and I am like :merchant::damn::sadbron: and get body slammed to death before I even know what happens...:yeah ok:

Actually the body slam animation in this game is one of the funniest things I seen in a minute :bryan:

I seen a supermutant just randomly body slam a raider to death :bryan:

I had what I guess was a random encounter between a synth and random settler....both said they were the settler and the other one was the synth...I passed some speech checks and the synth gets up off his knees and just body slams the settler twice killing him:bryan:

Nick Valentine be body slamming cats with the quickness to

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Bethesda.net

Thanks and Updates

Thank you! We can't say it enough- thank you for the amazing support you've given us. We're incredibly blessed to have so many incredible fans. You've made Fallout 4 not just our largest game launch ever, but one of the industry’s. It's beyond anything we hoped for.

Seeing and reading your stories has given our whole studio immense joy. It's amazing to see what you've done with the game, what you've discovered, and what you've built! We know there's even more to come; the game is full of hidden gems and ways it can be played.

For some, the freedom the game offers can be overwhelming. We know the game throws a lot on you at once, so take your time. There are many moments of “How does this work? What do I do to survive?” and that’s how your character should be feeling as well. Those that push through should be able to look back at who they were when they stepped out of the Vault and say, “I made it. I understand this world now and it’s mine.”

It's true that the freedom our games offer you can lead to unintentional consequences that are sometimes bad, when the game combines too many unexpected elements at once. Given the scale and complexity of the systems at work, especially when allowing you to build your own settlements, we're happy that Fallout 4 is our most robust and solid release ever, and we'd like to thank our amazing QA staff who worked as hard as anyone to break the game so we could fix it during development. But a hundred testers will never replicate the many millions playing the game now, and we're hard at work addressing the top issues.

Our process for updating the game will include releasing a beta patch on Steam, followed by full release on PC, then release on the consoles. This process has worked well for us in the past and allows us to get more fixes out faster. Expect to see more updates, that are smaller and more frequent, than a few big ones. This allows us to make sure each fix is working right, as any change can have unintentional side effects in a game this huge. We expect the first beta patch to be up next week.

If you have feedback or issues to let us know about, contact our support staff here.

Thanks again for everything. We look forward to our continued journeys together.

Bethesda Game Studios

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
My little Fallout/ Guitar Hero corner :hamster:

7NSC7YK.jpg

Haven't even tried on the pip-boy. Just gonna display it. I'm not wearing that shyt :russ:
That's why I just kept a regular copy. I don't like that much stuff anyway. I got caught up in the E3 hype when I pre-ordered all of those.