Far Cry 6 (PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX) (Oct 7)

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Far Cry 6 Leak: Release Date Seemingly Revealed, Confirms Giancarlo Esposito As Villain - IGN

Far Cry 6 has leaked due to a PlayStation Store Hong Kong listing, confirming Giancarlo Esposito as the game's villain, and providing a suggested release date of February 18, 2021. The game will also seemingly receive a free PS4-PS5 upgrade.

According to the description in the listing, the game's plot is staged on the island of Yara, "the largest Far Cry playground to date" and "a tropical paradise frozen in time" (which sounds something like a Cuban setting). Giancarlo Esposito's character is seemingly called Anton Castillo and serves as the dictator of the island. The young chap in the image below is his son, Diego, who is "following in his bloody footsteps" as he attempts to restore his nation back to its former glory.

The protagonist is apparently a local Yaran called Dani Rojas, a guerilla soldier fighting for freedom. You will employ "makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Amigos, the new fangs for hire to burn the tyrannical regime to the ground."

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Hopefully it's not trash. Far Cry 5 was missing something in comparison to 3 and 4. I guess it didn't feel "fresh" anymore.

I'm noticing that there seems to be a universal public backlash against open world games now also, the general gaming public seems to be not satisfied with those style of games anymore.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm noticing that there seems to be a universal public backlash against open world games now also, the general gaming public seems to be not satisfied with those style of games anymore.

probably bcuz a lot of these “open world” games are really linear experiences masquerading as sandbox games linear gaming experiences at heart that aren’t offering a true open world experience

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
my bad I used the wrong word/words...I should’ve just said linear experiences masquerading as sandbox games

I see.

Well I'm not even sure. There was a time where people loved open world because they liked to dikk around and do stupid shyt whenever they wanted, while having the option to do missions, side missions, collectibles, and now people don't seem to like that format. There are linear games masquerading as open world like LA Noire, but for every LA Noire I think there's like 5 Arkham Citys and Far Crys but they get the same criticism LA Noire had. Just look at Watch Dogs 2.

I just think the culture has shifted. But then again gamers complain about every goddamn thing now :yeshrug:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the open world mechanic as we mostly see it now was made a thing by WoW, and it was meant to be a time sink to get money. run the meter, which i completely understand

i never understood using it in regular games where revenue is not directly based on time spent in the game

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was a time where people loved open world because they liked to dikk around and do stupid shyt whenever they wanted, while having the option to do missions, side missions, collectibles, and now people don't seem to like that format.

in regard to complaints I’ve heard most of the criticism I’m aware of revolves around the quality of the content I put in bold...a lot of ppl question side missions in some open world games as being fluff/time wasters and some of the collectibles aren’t even worth the effort