Far Cry 6 (PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX) (Oct 7)

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
really? my son spent weeks trying to get me to play and for some mysterious reason i was just like nah

maybe i got a guardian anti time wasting angel

I played a few on the older consoles and I thought 4 was fukking amazing... the entire outposts slowly being reclaimed, so you had to backtrack and save them... and push forward through the map and take everything over.... Tibet was amazing visually because of the mountains and the "wild" feeling

I dunno if you played 4

5 to me
had a weak story 3 weirdo bosses in each zone
like a few missions into the game they unlock all the cars and 18 wheelers which made you feel overpowered
Montana alone was just a trash place compared to Tibet, they portrayed it right but it wasnt the same feeling as getting lost in the woods forreal
The redneck shyt was fixed at the last minute and they backed out of the Anti hillbilly stuff... Then half the enemies were on meth, which just seemed forced and obvious
I think honestly finding secrets and collectibles in number 4 felt genuine ... this was more like "go into that log cabin and search the counter top"

It would be like a 7/10 if you havent played 4 but it was such a step back to me
4 felt more personal and like a survival game with compounds and strategy
The create a scenario and online stuff was the same and good but the setting was booty
you could just follow the interstate and take exits to every mission

spoiler: what was cool about 4 is the feeling towards the end, when you realize that liberating each location was actually fukking the world up
and the antagonist was a piece of shyt but actually keeping structure for tibet. It made you feel heroic and terrible to finish the game at the same time.

besides the companions in 5, everything is unlocked pretty fast and it just felt like you werent working towards much
graphics were on point though and it was the same fun game, location just made it completely trash
Even just taking those tricycle taxis up a narrow cliff without falling off the mountain was better than 5 alone

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
General open world fatigue. Same with first person shooters.

The rage now is games that can be speedrun. Open World games really "can't" be.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I see.

Well I'm not even sure. There was a time where people loved open world because they liked to dikk around and do stupid shyt whenever they wanted, while having the option to do missions, side missions, collectibles, and now people don't seem to like that format. There are linear games masquerading as open world like LA Noire, but for every LA Noire I think there's like 5 Arkham Citys and Far Crys but they get the same criticism LA Noire had. Just look at Watch Dogs 2.

I just think the culture has shifted. But then again gamers complain about every goddamn thing now :yeshrug:

Nothing wrong with open world games, Ubisoft is just a shytty developer. Why do I have to keep explaining this. People keep going out and buying trash expecting a different result. :mindblown:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
If Ubisoft can come up with a way to make traveling around the same areas as fun as spider-man they would have solved most of their problem

No it wouldn't that shyt would still be trash.

And while Spiderman was just great, it was not a good open world game. You ran around collecting shyt. Skyrim Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and let's add Cyberpunk 2077 and Ghost Tsushima to the mix. Those are real open games. Interactive environments, living & breathing, lore, great side quests.

The most important rule for an open world game:

If an open world game doesn't draw your attention away from the main quest, it's not good in anyway. I could hardly keep playing the main quest in Skyrim because something always got my attention

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Far cry been :russell: status damn near the whole generation.
This.
I tried 4 but it was a reskin of 3, I don’t care for the caveman shyt well because you’re a caveman. I was hyped for 5 when it was announced but the coli brehs took that hit for me that shyt looked boring. Basically I haven’t beat a Far Cry game since the 360:francis:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
This.
I tried 4 but it was a reskin of 3, I don’t care for the caveman shyt well because you’re a caveman. I was hyped for 5 when it was announced but the coli brehs took that hit for me that shyt looked boring. Basically I haven’t beat a Far Cry game since the 360:francis:
4 was cool but probably cause the generation was still new and it wasn't a whole lotta shyt. Bought 5 and got bored halfway through.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Picked up the series with FC4. Enjoyed it a lot. Didn't play Primal, but did get 5. It felt like wasted potential as they tried their darndest to not upset anyone with the story. Enemy spawns also made it unplayable to me. I did enjoy New Dawn a lot more, but I never finished it and probably never will. I'll play this on the PS5, but the FC series for me is "buy at discount only," status. Haven't played one that held my attention throughout its' duration since I played FC4, but I still tend to get enjoyment out of them. I'll grab this on sale.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
FC3 is still the goat and I actually just copped the remaster on PS4

Enjoyed FC4 too but FC5 was a underwhelming and a disappointment.

Hopefully they redeem themselves here

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
EcwL1QSWkAUYqfS

Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_006.png

EcwLyoxX0AAQHO2
EcwLsbxWsAAYJGh
EcwLto0WsAEqgof