Floyd getting love in South Africa

Daps
I dont understand why he sticks to Vegas. Well I understand on the taxation front.

But at this point he should be more concerned with magnifying his legacy IMO.

He needs to fight overseas. South Africa, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro. Thats what defines you as an icon.
This was common in the glory days of boxing. This is what made Ali such a worldwide icon. But Floyd prefers to stay in the corner of Vegas. And the reason people will always argue Ali over Mayweather is because Ali became international and his name was bigger than the sport.

Imagine the energy behind a Mayweather fight in a Johannesburg stadium:banderas:

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont understand why he sticks to Vegas. Well I understand on the taxation front.

He needs to fight overseas. South Africa, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro. Thats what defines you as an icon.
This was common in the glory days of boxing. This is what made Ali such a worldwide icon. But Floyd prefers to stay in the corner of Vegas. And the reason people will always argue Ali over Mayweather is because Ali became international and his name was bigger than the sport.
Imagine the energy behind a Mayweather fight in a Johannesburg stadium:banderas:

This!. if its about the money (and it tends to be with Floyd), why not tap into some larger markets globally? I've often wanted other past greats to travel. Why shouldn't a world champ fight around the world? Especially when they can potentially make a lot more money?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This!. if its about the money (and it tends to be with Floyd), why not tap into some larger markets globally? I've often wanted other past greats to travel. Why shouldn't a world champ fight around the world? Especially when they can potentially make a lot more money?
No taxes ftw idiots

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Taxes, and my guess is the deal he has worked out with MGM is pretty sweet. And it's homecourt advantage. He's got the comforts of his mansion and chef etc etc. I agree that I'd love to see him at MSG, or got him to fight in London or Africa but I doubt it

Daps
Taxes, and my guess is the deal he has worked out with MGM is pretty sweet. And it's homecourt advantage. He's got the comforts of his mansion and chef etc etc. I agree that I'd love to see him at MSG, or got him to fight in London or Africa but I doubt it

Yea I'm willing to bet he has some type of under the table arrangement with MGM for a healthy cut of back end concession sales in exchange for loyalty.

Still disappointing though. He's being heralded as the greatest athlete ever but his name doesn't ring bells worldwide like say a Jordan, or Tyson or Ali. :manny:

Last edited:
Daps
Yea I'm willing to bet he has some type of under the table arrangement with MGM for back end concession sales in exchange for loyalty.

Still disappointing though. He's being heralded as the greatest athlete ever but his name doesn't ring bells worldwide like say a jordan, or tyson or Ali. :manny:

Maybe its cause his greatness looks far better on paper than it does in the ring
full