Floyd Mayweather is gonna have 5 more fights . . who should they be against?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I would like to see him

Vs. Canelo
Vs. Khan
(meanwhile Manny can get a couple wins under his belt
Vs. Paul Williams (who should be recovered by then)
Vs. Timothy Bradley
Vs. Manny Pacquiao

I believe this would solidify him as the greatest boxer of all-time

tiger-woods-caught-chfhz8l.png

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Floyd has never given a shyt about putting on a better show. Don't drink the Kool Aid and think all of a sudden he wanted to be exciting. Cotto gave him a tougher fight than expected and that's all there is to it.

In the lower weights he did because he could use his KO power, but once at 147/154 he didn't have the same KO power and he took less chances and became a "safer" fighter IMO and instead of going for KOs he'd rather display his defense and embarrass fighters. We have to remember that Floyd is defense first, to him not getting hit while hitting is more impressive than KOing someone. I felt he was TRYING to put on a slugfest with Cotto, Ortiz and Shane because he barely used foot work. His last 5 fights will be like Saturday's fight vs. Ghost.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would like to see him

Vs. Canelo
Vs. Khan
(meanwhile Manny can get a couple wins under his belt
Vs. Paul Williams (who should be recovered by then)
Vs. Timothy Bradley
Vs. Manny Pacquiao

I believe this would solidify him as the greatest boxer of all-time

Here is the thing...the greatest fighter of all time fights whoever wanted to fight him. Today there are no real champions like back in the days. I cant say a man who picks and chooses his fights and avoids others are the best of all time. Floyd is the type of fighter that waits until a fighter is past his prime then fights them such as Golden Boy was. He would have gotten eaten up by Pacquiao in his prime, he didnt want to fight Manny back in 06/07 days when the whole boxing world wanted that....He then through out a crazy figure last year when the dude is way beyond his prime and losing giving him like .20 percent of the money earned, while he collected a big purse. Even up to recently he has admitted he called all his fights along with naming the purses.

Mayweather admits to handpicking opponents, setting their pay - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

I have been saying this since like 8 years ago and I was so happy when it came out recently...that is exactly why when him and 50 killed the friendship 50 was saying he was scared to fight some people..A true champ doesnt do this..ALI didnt do it...Tyson didnt it...Sugar Ray Leonard didnt..these are true fighters back when boxing was boxing and wasnt a daying sport full of politics and antics...

I am not taking anything away from Floyyd he is great but just not the best ever.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is the thing...the greatest fighter of all time fights whoever wanted to fight him. Today there are no real champions like back in the days. I cant say a man who picks and chooses his fights and avoids others are the best of all time. Floyd is the type of fighter that waits until a fighter is past his prime then fights them such as Golden Boy was. He would have gotten eaten up by Pacquiao in his prime, he didnt want to fight Manny back in 06/07 days when the whole boxing world wanted that....He then through out a crazy figure last year when the dude is way beyond his prime and losing giving him like .20 percent of the money earned, while he collected a big purse. Even up to recently he has admitted he called all his fights along with naming the purses.

Mayweather admits to handpicking opponents, setting their pay - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

I have been saying this since like 8 years ago and I was so happy when it came out recently...that is exactly why when him and 50 killed the friendship 50 was saying he was scared to fight some people..A true champ doesnt do this..ALI didnt do it...Tyson didnt it...Sugar Ray Leonard didnt..these are true fighters back when boxing was boxing and wasnt a daying sport full of politics and antics...

I am not taking anything away from Floyyd he is great but just not the best ever.

who has floyd ducked or fought pass their prime?

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.

Never underestimate the politics of boxing, you seem a little naive when it comes to making fights and who's actually ducking. First, Tyson ducked Foreman and wanted no parts of him. Ray Leonard ducked Hagler and fought him past his prime and never gave him a rematch despite the fight being SO close. MOST of those fighters in the days didn't have to deal with today's politics AT THIS HIGH LEVEL, those
fighters couldn't call the shots and that's why they got their purses robbed repeatedly, ala Arum/Pac. When are people going to get it through their heads that Arum is the reason why Floyd didn't fight ODLH in his "prime" and has yet to fight Pac? PAC CAN'T fight until Arum tells him to, just like it was with Mayweather when he fought under Arum (that why Floyd left him), Arum had Cotto, Margarito, and Clottey and wouldn't let them fight Floyd out of spite. C'mon man. I don't believe Floyd is the greatest either but I wouldn't say he actually ducked anyone, ducking means he wants no parts of anyone and I don't believe he did that. Hand picking isn't ducking, it's being your own boss and fighting other boxers when you feel like you're ready.

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami

Mayweather had a rematch clause vs Mosley, Ortiz & Cotto.

Nothing to see here.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Name so names, because I don't get.

1 fighter for years...Manny in his prime, I know this is a pro-floyd board so i expected these comments. if you read the article that I posted and was on yahoo 2 weeks ago it shows he hand picked his opponents and the terms etc.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If he fights Alvarez follows with Pac Sergio Bradley and caps off his career with beating Broner than he will have sealed his legacy and more than made up for the fights that he passed up on (ducked) earlier in his career. But realistically we probably will see Devon Saul Khan Garcia and Demetrius Andrade (if he develops) in his sendoff.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never underestimate the politics of boxing, you seem a little naive when it comes to making fights and who's actually ducking. First, Tyson ducked Foreman and wanted no parts of him. Ray Leonard ducked Hagler and fought him past his prime and never gave him a rematch despite the fight being SO close. MOST of those fighters in the days didn't have to deal with today's politics AT THIS HIGH LEVEL, those
fighters couldn't call the shots and that's why they got their purses robbed repeatedly, ala Arum/Pac. When are people going to get it through their heads that Arum is the reason why Floyd didn't fight ODLH in his "prime" and has yet to fight Pac? PAC CAN'T fight until Arum tells him to, just like it was with Mayweather when he fought under Arum (that why Floyd left him), Arum had Cotto, Margarito, and Clottey and wouldn't let them fight Floyd out of spite. C'mon man. I don't believe Floyd is the greatest either but I wouldn't say he actually ducked anyone, ducking means he wants no parts of anyone and I don't believe he did that. Hand picking isn't ducking, it's being your own boss and fighting other boxers when you feel like you're ready.

he could have killed all the critics with simply fighting as this was the most prized fight that people wanted to see about 6 years ago, no one cared about anyone else since floyd was superior.....like i said to solidify this argument he could have done what people wanted to see which were 2 top fighers in the prime not a champion and some contenders just giving this dude a super high payday and hype building around it.