Former SF Mayor Willie Brown "Trump is more popular than Dems like to admit"

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea...-popular-than-Dems-want-to-admit-12908579.php

Like it or not, a significant number of Americans are actually happy these days. They are making money. They feel safe, and they agree with with the president’s protectionist trade policies, his call for more American jobs, even his immigration stance.

The jobs growth reports, the North Korea summit and the steady economy are beating out the Stormy Daniels scandal and the Robert Mueller investigation in Middle America, hands down.
So you are not going to win back the House by making it all about him.

Rather than stoking the base by attacking Trump, Democrats need to come up with a platform that addresses the average voters’ hopes and concerns. Not just the needs of underdogs or whatever cause happens to be the media flavor of the week.

Democrats need to look like the adults, not like another pack of screaming kids on the playground.

And they need to start now.

Besides, when it comes to bashing Trump, Donald is doing just fine on his own.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Didnt read but I tend to agree with that narrative for the most part.

@DEAD7 still think he's a shoeing for reelection?
It's a false narrative. Trump is popular among his base and conservatives.

The majority of the country disapproves of the work he and Republicans are doing.

Voters have lost confidence in Republicans to lead and the same. Issues that were brought up by Trump that only he could fix have not been fixed despite controlling all three branches of government.

It would seem Republicans are just trying to ignore the hard truth, that democrats are rightly pointing out that Republicans are failing at leading and are scared as shyt going into midterms.

These are the facts:

Poll of the week
Americans, by a wide margin (56 percent to 37 percent), think Barack Obama was a better president than Donald Trump has been, according to a CNN poll of adults released this week. Americans think Hillary Clinton would have been a better president than Trump has been, but by a much smaller margin (47 percent to 44 percent).

These numbers aren’t that surprising, but they are weird.

First, Clinton and Obama have very similar public policy views. They’re both Democrats, of course, but more than that, they’re the same type of Democrat: left of center but not super liberal.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The craziest thing about Republicans is by failing to fix the issues that pushed Trump over (according to many), he's actually setting the groundwork for Republicans to get slaughtered by progressives who actually have policy plans to address these issues.

With the exception of one incumbent in the primaries I voted further left than I usually would and based on election results I'm not the only one.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's a democratic mayor of the most liberal city in America saying this

Trump is near 50 percent approval and the mid term lead by dems is down to just one point
Trump has remained around 41.2 percent the entirety of his presidency and lost ground when failing to repeal ACA and almost failing to pass tax cuts where he then went back to his baseline.

I've provided the data in this thread.

As someone who had lived in both San Francisco and NC I can say that he has accurate with this point regarding Liberal strongholds such as CA, but in purple states he's completely off base.

When you realize his article is about CA politics it makes more sense. :umad:

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
From where I’m at it sounds/looks like he’s got a serious chance to win 2020. Cacs will say anything to us to appease but when they get in that booth, they’re “voting for self preservation”.
Dems need to do more that just complain.

Side note: the fact that some Mexicans are STILL on the fence about trump is the most sickening thing about this whole situation

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
From where I’m at it sounds/looks like he’s got a serious chance to win 2020. Cacs will say anything to us to appease but when they get in that booth, they’re “voting for self preservation”.
Dems need to do more that just complain.

Side note: the fact that some Mexicans are STILL on the fence about trump is the most sickening thing about this whole situation
He has the same chance as before.

And based on polling data it isn't about policy.

Put a man on the ticket against him and he loses.

Put a white man on the ticket and it could be a bloodbath.

Sanders looking good right now. :bernielol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Trump is more popular than Dems want to admit

Like it or not, a significant number of Americans are actually happy these days. They are making money. They feel safe, and they agree with with the president’s protectionist trade policies, his call for more American jobs, even his immigration stance.

The jobs growth reports, the North Korea summit and the steady economy are beating out the Stormy Daniels scandal and the Robert Mueller investigation in Middle America, hands down.
So you are not going to win back the House by making it all about him.

Rather than stoking the base by attacking Trump, Democrats need to come up with a platform that addresses the average voters’ hopes and concerns. Not just the needs of underdogs or whatever cause happens to be the media flavor of the week.

Democrats need to look like the adults, not like another pack of screaming kids on the playground.

And they need to start now.

Besides, when it comes to bashing Trump, Donald is doing just fine on his own.

it's also beating out the fact that Rebuplicans have lost seats, in red states since Trump has been elected.
it's not beating out the leaks and twitter rants. November will truly tell the tale.

The thing about shyt though...no matter what to use to hide the smell, it will always seep into the air eventually.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The craziest thing about Republicans is by failing to fix the issues that pushed Trump over (according to many), he's actually setting the groundwork for Republicans to get slaughtered by progressives who actually have policy plans to address these issues.
you seem to be under the impression that white people havent lied to themselves like this isnt the case :yeshrug: