Former Starbucks CEO & Billionaire Howard Schultz may launch Independent 2020 Presidential Run

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just watched the 60 Minutes interview. He looks presidential but he comes across as Trumpian as he proclaims that 'both sides' are to blame for the current situation. In terms of the public perception, I think the most scandalous and controversial thing that has happened regarding the Democratic party was the DNC situation with Bernie. Outside of that, Democrats can be seen as the voice of reason for the last few years (this is characterized by mostly all of Schultz' policies aligning with the democratic platform save for taxes

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Talking about we can't have Universal Healthcare. :stopitslime:

Typical "Centrist" garbage talking point.

Taxing rich fukkers like him and cutting wasteful defense spending would pay for that and more.

fukk this dude off GP.
God forbid a woman have an abortion but all these babies they want forced to be born shouldn't have guaranteed health care. If they're so concerned about babies being born why the lack of concern about them taking care of them past birth for life?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

I have a question regarding the tweet that mentioned tuition costs

If student loans are all forgiven and theres free college etc...

What happens to the people that paid their way through college?

Are they just out of luck? They should be essentially punished for saving correctly for years? Or will they get a credit of some sort?

Im not for or against student loan forgiveness really. People knew what they were getting into when they took on loans. It was a calculated risk.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I have a question

If student loans are all forgiven and theres free college etc...

What happens to the people that paid their way through college?

Are they just out of luck? They should be essentially punished for saving correctly for years? Or will they get a credit of some sort?

Im not for or against student loan forgiveness really. People knew what they were getting into when they took on loans. It was a calculated risk.

Good question, I don't know. Perhaps a tax credit for X amount of years if you took on loans and paid em off seems like a good solution

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Good question, I don't know. Perhaps a tax credit for X amount of years if you took on loans and paid em off seems like a good solution

My dad saved prudently and even refinanced the home to help put me through without loans. Its not really fair for people like him. Thats all im saying.

If this free college shyt comes to fruition ill just go and get another degree in something meaningful this time