Former Starbucks CEO & Billionaire Howard Schultz may launch Independent 2020 Presidential Run

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Dude gonna fukk around and make Starbucks get a TON of hate because of his own hubris
I was just thinking this today. I said to myself, "Welp I don't fukk with starbucks anyway." So if I said that to myself I'm sure there are people out there who have second guessed their decision to put money in his pockets.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

I'm saying! I just checked his birthdate and the muhfukka was born in 53. 1953! Get this fraud the fukk out of here. Talking about "I grew up in the projects"...bytch please

You were 12 years old when blacks had the universal right to vote

You had a 12 year head start on every one of your peers that's a minority

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I have a question regarding the tweet that mentioned tuition costs

If student loans are all forgiven and theres free college etc...

What happens to the people that paid their way through college?

Are they just out of luck? They should be essentially punished for saving correctly for years? Or will they get a credit of some sort?

Im not for or against student loan forgiveness really. People knew what they were getting into when they took on loans. It was a calculated risk.

Essentially? Yes. Hell I'm still waiting on reparations, but we all can't get what we want. That debt needs to be forgiven and people should encouraged to attend community college first to figure out if they want to get a degree or a trade. There should be a cap on tuition for public universities or loans for school shouldn't be as easy to get as they are (maybe a combination of both).

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh im sick of that mentality, I paid for college what about me? same thing with the immigrant situation, oh i did it "the right way" gtfoh selfish ass people. my college is paid off and i did it with my own money, but it doesnt mean im such a miserable pos that im not in favor of others getting it free from now on, what if those people that paid have children ? at least they wont have to pay for their college and can have their kids get it free, but even if i didnt , even if it benefited me personally in no direct way id still want it implemented, no sense of community, yall been in this country too long, crabs in a bucket shyt

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Bro basic civics is sooooooooooooooooooooooo lacking in this country

Republicans dream: keep the masses dumb and let any non-neocon fight against each other so that fascist presidents, governors, and senators keep winning elections.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is there so much commotion about him joining the race?

The Democrats need to be able to address the peeling off of voters to a third party candidate. It happens every year.

At some stage shouldn't they accept it is going to happen, and see what can be done to mitigate it instead of trying to convince people not to run? Anyone should be able to run if they want. That shouldn't stop you from winning.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is there so much commotion about him joining the race?

The Democrats need to be able to address the peeling off of voters to a third party candidate. It happens every year.

At some stage shouldn't they accept it is going to happen, and see what can be done to mitigate it instead of trying to convince people not to run? Anyone should be able to run if they want. That shouldn't stop you from winning.
somebody like kasich or another gary johnson needs to run. really rank choice voting would solve the problem. its funny whenever some bullshyt makes the democrat lose nothing happens. when ross perot cost the republicans elections, suddenly independents had to get a certain amount of votes to be in the debates. if a democrat ever lost the pop vote but won the electoral college, the electoral college would be gone with the quickness.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh im sick of that mentality, I paid for college what about me? same thing with the immigrant situation, oh i did it "the right way" gtfoh selfish ass people. my college is paid off and i did it with my own money, but it doesnt mean im such a miserable pos that im not in favor of others getting it free from now on, what if those people that paid have children ? at least they wont have to pay for their college and can have their kids get it free, but even if i didnt , even if it benefited me personally in no direct way id still want it implemented, no sense of community, yall been in this country too long, crabs in a bucket shyt

Exactly, if we applied this same logic to other policies people wouldn't stand for it. If there were a group of people that were against Medicare for all because they had gotten treatments for their families in the past that cost a ton of money and they said that it shouldn't go through because what about the money they already paid for medical bills. People wouldn't accept an argument like that and rightfully so. Whenever a new policy is implemented to correct a problem there will be people that were screwed by the old policies. The longer we wait to fix something the more people will get screwed.

Also I hate the thought process that people who took loans for undergraduate degrees took a calculated risk. Most of them are poor 18 year old kids fresh out of high school with parents telling them that they need to go to college to be successful in life. They are not old enough or mature enough to really think through the consequences of the student loan at the time because our schools don't teach finance and interests rates. They aren't making an informed choice most of the time.