Former Starbucks CEO & Billionaire Howard Schultz may launch Independent 2020 Presidential Run

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
My dad saved prudently and even refinanced the home to help put me through without loans. Its not really fair for people like him. Thats all im saying.

If this free college shyt comes to fruition ill just go and get another degree in something meaningful this time

I got lucky, Maryland had a tuition freeze from 2007-2011 in O'Malley's first term which was my time in undergrad. University of Maryland in-state tuition was $8,000 a year. Scholarships by the Uni, Arabic program and grants with that in-state rate plus staying at home had me getting money back every semester until my final one where I took $3k out in a loan.

But I went to grad school and now got $40k in debt :whew:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I got lucky, Maryland had a tuition freeze from 2007-2011 in O'Malley's first term which was my time in undergrad. University of Maryland in-state tuition was $8,000 a year. Scholarships by the Uni, Arabic program and grants with that in-state rate plus staying at home had me getting money back every semester until my final one where I took $3k out in a loan.

But I went to grad school and now got $40k in debt :whew:

I see, thats pretty good. I got accepted to UMD in 2006 but i chose a private school in Florida instead. Terrible decision on my part

I remember visiting a friend at UMD and i partied with greivis at a frat house. Out of control

But yeah i probably need to go to grad school but i dont want loans. Thats a cost-benefit decision im making. Other people when faced with the same decision for undergrad chose to take the loans. They knew what they were getting into.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I see, thats pretty good. I got accepted to UMD in 2006 but i chose a private school in Florida instead. Terrible decision on my part

I remember visiting a friend at UMD and i partied with greivis at a frat house. Out of control

But yeah i probably need to go to grad school but i dont want loans. Thats a cost-benefit decision im making. Other people when faced with the same decision for undergrad chose to take the loans. They knew what they were getting into.

Grevis was that dude on campus in 2009-2010, I met him my sophmore year hoopin at the campus gym

Grad school loans was a tough decision cause I could have gone full-time, got a GA, and got tuition remission but I'd have been making nothing compared to my last job which also had good benefits.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Dude is trash. His interview on NPR showed a man who wants to push the status quo.

He uses terms life comprehensive tax return, but won't accept tax increases to resolve the debt crisis he cites.

Views shareholder profit as problematic to the employees, but won't commit to changing regulations and laws to shift away from it.

Criticizes progressive proposals as impossible because nothing is free.

Similarly views those proposals, which increase taxes on the wealthy, as punishing success.

TRASH.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Dude is trash. His interview on NPR showed a man who wants to push the status quo.

He uses terms life comprehensive tax return, but won't accept tax increases to resolve the debt crisis he cites.

Views shareholder profit as problematic to the employees, but won't commit to changing regulations and laws to shift away from it.

Criticizes progressive proposals as impossible because nothing is free.

Similarly views those proposals, which increase taxes on the wealthy, as punishing success.

TRASH.

Yup pure trash.

Jill Stein and Gary Johnson would garner more votes :mjgrin:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Howard Schultz's Hostage Negotiation

Paul Blest

tlcsw1qdp4ieuza779eh.jpg

Photo: Getty
If there was any question as to why former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is extremely publicly considering a run for president, it’s much more apparent now.

Since his appearance on 60 Minutes on Sunday night, all of these things have happened:

Seriously, look at this shyt.

Considering that the current and very bad president is a Republican, you might be wondering why Schultz is spending all of his time attacking marginally left-wing Democrats while also touting the need for unity and all of that horseshyt that’s supposed to be the foundation of his idea-free campaign.

Schultz’s purpose so far appears to be to warn the Democratic Party: If you nominate someone who wants me to pay the relative equivalent of breadcrumbs in order to fund a safety net, someone who won’t resuscitate the long-dead corpse of the Bill Clinton 1992 campaign but rather runs a forward-looking progressive campaign, I will stay in the race and throw the election to Trump.

This is not a presidential campaign. It’s a hostage negotiation, and Schultz’s prisoners are Democratic primary voters. Because the stock of “electability” as a quality in a presidential candidate has plummeted since 2016, here’s a new one that the many chuds vying to occupy the centrist ground in the Democratic primary can use: If you vote for Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren, or even Kamala Harris, the centrist third-party candidate will ensure Trump’s re-election. One oligarch whose signature claims to fame are overpriced coffee and moving the Sonics out of Seattlehas apparently decided that it’s his way or the highway.

All of this operates on the conventional wisdom that Schultz would pull more Democrats than Republicans; considering a new ABC News poll shows that 32 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents want someone other than Trump in 2020, that’s not exactly settled business. But it’s becoming increasingly clear what’s most important to Schultz, and the driving force behind why he’s considering this vanity run that appeals to only the biggest dumbasses and scumbags: His money, and his desire to keep it.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
He was on Morning Joe and sounded generally sane. These sound bites of him an Warren are getting him lumped up.