Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
EDoWtab.jpg

:obama:

They were styling... I’m not exactly sure how they had the $, but I do know my great^3 grandfather was born free even though he was born in 1831. His grandfather bought his freedom for $400 from his half brother after his father died. “It is believed that *******. married one of Dr. Stuart's slaves’s but could not emancipate her. Nonetheless, he did succeed in purchasing the freedom, one by one, of all eight of his children - five sons and three daughters.” I had a cousin in the 80s who researched most of our genealogy back to the 1700s. Ancestry.com matches up with his summary, and some of the entries have pictures which is where I found this

Update: here’s more info about him

Bassett was married to Susanna Evans. Susanna was the mother of his children. In 1877, their son Henry died at age 2 years, 6 months. In March 1916, Bassett married Martha Stark Robinson in King George County. King George County Deed Book 27, page 443, records the purchase by Bassett of 178.32 acres of land in Owens at $4.00 an acre. Bassett and his wife Susan were able to buy the land for taxes. But several sales of portions of the land are recorded thereafter. His heirs sold the estate in October 1920.

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
Looks like a c00n that thinks he's better than everybody else

Nah. Dope shyt. Men use to be men. :salute:

Is that lady your great great too? I'm stuck in the early 1900's trying to solve the puzzle.