Freddie Gibbs Responds To Akademiks "Exposing" His Family

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
:mjlol:He's not though. He graduated high school with honors and went to college. He CHOSE to drop out because his music career was taking off (same as Kanye).

:mjlol:He was never in the streets. He's 100% actor.
If he was in college it was probably one of these community colleges and he definitely didn't graduate. He went to the military right after high school, but he was back home in a few months. I know a few of the jobs he worked but college is new to me.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
If he was in college it was probably one of these community colleges and he definitely didn't graduate. He went to the military right after high school, but he was back home in a few months. I know a few of the jobs he worked but college is new to me.

We went to same college. He went to ball State for a min on a football scholarship, I think

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The east side of Gary is :picard: and that's where Gibbs from apparently so I know for a fact the environment wasn't shyt.

:mjlol:It's just that, it's that specifically his father was in his life, AND he was a police officer. What real steppers are even going to be around a kid like Gibbs who clearly comes from a well structured family? I wouldn't even trust a nikka like that if I'm running the streets.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is ridiculous:mjlol:

People acting like his dad was taking home six figures and he grew up like Theo Huxtable. All y'all know is his dad had a job. Where are you getting this "great upbringing" stuff from? Cops don't get paid like that and if his dad was doing so well why the hell did he raise his kid in Gary?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
:mjlol:It's just that, it's that specifically his father was in his life, AND he was a police officer. What really steppers are even going to be around a kid like Gibbs who clearly comes from a well structured family? I wouldn't even trust a nikka like that if I'm running the streets.
His father was dirt poor crooked cop who got fired and was in and out of the house.

That's what I mean when I keep calling you guys selective naive. Y'all automatically think cop = morally upstanding boy scout who was taking home near or above six figures when we know damn well a good amount of hood cops are just as dirty as the dudes they're locking up and don't get paid much. But you guys are so eager to dunk on Freddie that you're turning your brains off.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:It's just that, it's that specifically his father was in his life, AND he was a police officer. What really steppers are even going to be around a kid like Gibbs who clearly comes from a well structured family? I wouldn't even trust a nikka like that if I'm running the streets.

If you're willing to do crash dummy shyt a lot of people will overlook your background. The *smart* ones won't, but most high school & post high school aged people who haven't actually suffered the consequences of bad choices don't follow an actual code or have standards, they're just grimy and only respect your willingness to do grimy shyt.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gibbs was basically a crash dummy and ran to the military after he figured out he was the chump.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are so many people pretending to be so naive about the point of all of this?

Highlighting Gibb's family's standard of living, education, occupations, and his upbringing isn't to somehow denigrate those achievements as being lame or an indicator of being soft. It's to illustrate the ridiculousness and stupidity in championing the exact opposite of that lifestyle day in and day out in your music. It's cosplay-esque behavior.

Cats really tried pulling the dap fishing card of "why is it only black people that view being educated as a negative?" in something as plain and cut and dry as this? :what:

The point is Gibbs looks silly playing the superthug role raised in such an environment. That's all. I don't see how it's even possible to read into it any deeper than that.

What's funny is cats on this site have been turning on gangsta rap as of late, accusing these artists of promoting genocide and the whole 9, yet here you have a guy who didn't even have to be about that life and people condone it. Anybody else would be getting called all types of vultures and leeches and shyt like that but he gets a pass, it's weird.

They like his music so they'll make 50-11 excuses for him.

If he was a rapper they didn't like or white, he'd be getting roasted right now.

Exactly lol especially the bolded.