Freddie Gibbs Responds To Akademiks "Exposing" His Family

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm . . . did Raekwon get Budden punched in his shyt and backing down or not? Guess what he still has a career.
Did Masta Killa beat up a joirnalist or not? Guess what he still had a career.
Did Murda Inc./Ja Rule have 50 stabbed and jumped? Guess what he still had a career.
A street dude is willing to throws all that square shyt out the window of they really about that life which it's obvious Freddie isn't or he would have gotten at dude.
I ultimately agree, what's he gaining going back and forth on the internet with Akademiks besides looking softer than he portrays himself on record? He should stop because every word makes everyone know he's not gonna do shyt. :francis:
encouraging black on black violence I see, you get a huge kick out of that don’t you :mjpls:

tell me the difference between having real beef from actual street shyt compared to beefing and causing harm to a internet blogger :mjpls:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
encouraging black on black violence I see, you get a huge kick out of that don’t you :mjpls:

tell me the difference between having real beef from actual street shyt compared to beefing and causing harm to a internet blogger :mjpls:
I'm not "encouraging black on black violence", Freddie is. He is the one talking tough to Ak not me. I just want his word to be bond. :manny:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Gibbs is corny but unless he from Miller Beach, the "good environment" people talking about don't really exist in Gary like that. Half of my family from there (west side) and a lot of the younger generation went on to be successful, then there's the ones who didn't.

The east side of Gary is :picard: and that's where Gibbs from apparently so I know for a fact the environment wasn't shyt. Clearly his family situation was a net positive and he clearly isn't the superthug he portrays on records, that being said the environment around him promoted that type of shyt so it isn't surprising he put that image out there. Most people are followers, period.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The point is if you come from a good solid family/environment/foundation and still decide to go left, that makes you a bozo.
Why do you think he came from a good foundation?

Cops starting off in Gary made $35k in 2015. What do you think they were making in the late 80s? Do you think they were living in a good area in one of the most depressed areas in the county with that salary?

Gary was named murder capital of the US in 94. Joe Jackson beat the shyt out of his kids to make it out of there.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
White media brainwashed blsck people into believing having a healthy family dynamic makes you less credible. That shyts strategically done to keep nikkas lost.

Freddie Gibbs is a Grammy nominated musician, his pops is a career cop, and his brother is a doctor.

If they were white, it would be considered an American success story. A family from one of the murder capitals turned life around and began creating generational wealth. That’s something that should applauded

But because he’s black and makes street music, it’s painted negatively like it makes him and any of his life experiences less credible

Y’all would respect this nikka if his pops was a fiend and his brother was a murderer tho huh. That’s the story nikkas glorify and hold up fondly. Insane

Nobody talk about this enough. Chuck D said the same thing in countless interviews.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
We would respect this nikka if he wasn’t a gangster rapper, not sure how y’all don’t understand this…

Bro could be rapping about more uplifting shyt, he could be rapping about what made him choose the path he chose even though he came from a good home.

He could be schooling youngins and giving them game on not making the same mistakes he did.
Basically. But this is the type of shyt he's still doing.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Now we got experts on Gary, Indiana which is apparently worse than a 3rd world country with absolutely no hope for any of its residents

Man fukk you dikkriding ass lifetime losers :mjlol:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Now we got experts on Gary, Indiana which is apparently worse than a 3rd world country with absolutely no hope for any of its residents

For the majority of the last 20 years you could buy a house there for a dollar, you literally couldn't give the shyt away :skip: Gary ain't your average city, its one of the worst in the rustbelt along w/ Flint, ESL, etc.

All that being said, yeah some people go on from there to be successful and square. A lot don't. The fact that Gibbs has both in his family isn't exactly shocking, the main drive for people in Gary is to get the fukk out by any means.

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Says a lot that his siblings were able to make it out of Gary and become successful. Shows that this nikka is playing a character to a sense.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

Bruh most people have known Gary Indiana was a shythole before Freddie Gibbs was even a thing. Like the first thing mentioned in any Michael Jackson bio is how awful it is over there.

If the breadwinner of your family is taking home 20 fukkING THOUSAND DOLLARS a year, you are dirt poor :mjlol: