Freddie Gibbs Responds To Akademiks "Exposing" His Family

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Personally I have never seen people get lots of cars, and success from street work long term.

From what I saw in reality was minor success, cars, for like 10 years - then jail, injury, Mental health issues, broken legacies etc

In reality I'm curious anyone on Coli seen big success off street work?

Don't get into names or specifics - but has anyone here seen big success or any success of street work?

My homeboy lives in a penthouse in New Jersey but his street work is more white collar

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

When that shyt went down with Gibbs, I couldn't trust him
Invested my hard earned money, tied up my bread
But he gon' try to tell you I'm flawed, that's in his head
It's happening just the way that I said it, good on your own
And if I'm honest, nothin' gangsta about you, leave this alone, yeah

Studio Gangsta Gibbs:russ:

Daps
Why are so many people pretending to be so naive about the point of all of this?

Highlighting Gibb's family's standard of living, education, occupations, and his upbringing isn't to somehow denigrate those achievements as being lame or an indicator of being soft. It's to illustrate the ridiculousness and stupidity in championing the exact opposite of that lifestyle day in and day out in your music. It's cosplay-esque behavior.

Cats really tried pulling the dap fishing card of "why is it only black people that view being educated as a negative?" in something as plain and cut and dry as this? :what:

The point is Gibbs looks silly playing the superthug role raised in such an environment. That's all. I don't see how it's even possible to read into it any deeper than that.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Why are so many people pretending to be so naive about the point of all of this?

Highlighting Gibb's family's standard of living, education, occupations, and his upbringing isn't to somehow denigrate those achievements as being lame or an indicator of being soft. It's to illustrate the ridiculousness and stupidity in championing the exact opposite of that lifestyle day in and day out in your music. It's cosplay-esque behavior.

Cats really tried pulling the dap fishing card of "why is it only black people that view being educated as a negative?" in something as plain and cut and dry as this? :what:

The point is Gibbs looks silly playing the superthug role raised in such an environment. That's all. I don't see how it's even possible to read into it any deeper than that.
But as we already see from the link above, Freddie's family clearly wasn't living well since Gary, Indiana cops aren't even making 35k in 2015. And if interviews are to be believed, Freddie's father was dirty, got fired, and became a glorified bum anyway. Nobody's saying Freddie didn't make bad choices, but no household is a monolith and especially in a poor household, you'll have successes and fukkups.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

They like his music so they'll make 50-11 excuses for him.

If he was a rapper they didn't like or white, he'd be getting roasted right now.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you equate a successful healthy family experience with being white.

shameful shyt
Thats what you took from that? Lol you smart

What does White people views on a white rapper doing what Gibbs did have to do with black people?

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Freddie has rapped about his father being a cop since 2006 and has frequently posted his brother's achievements on IG. Y'all nikkas are weird :mjlol:

You see it :russ:

Fred always be doing dumb shyt online but the way these nikkas is acting like Ak is exposing some shyt is hilarious as fukk.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because they are fans of his music, and must defend him. “Man he’s been talking about this in his music forever,” totally overlooking the fact how foolish he looks rapping about this shyt. I don’t care how successful you are as an artist, the fact that he even raps about that shyt is embarrassing when you look at his family background.

However, nyggas on here don’t get it, because a lot of guys here are from the suburbs.

99% of these rappers are fake, and the listener should just enjoy it as entertainment. They really think these guys are real when they’re just characters. They really look up to rappers lol.