Freddie Gibbs Responds To Akademiks "Exposing" His Family

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Thats what you took from that? Lol you smart

What does White people views on a white rapper doing what Gibbs did have to do with black people?

Fam, this goes way beyond Freddie Gibbs

my people have been brainwashed into believing a healthy family dynamic somehow makes your life experiences less credible

we’ve all experienced “Clarence parents had a real good marriage” narratives be perpetuated and echoed in the black community for decades

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You see it :russ:

Fred always be doing dumb shyt online but the way these nikkas is acting like Ak is exposing some shyt is hilarious as fukk.
Hell I'm pretty sure he even said he used some of his rap money to help pay for his brother's school, which makes it even sillier to level his brother's profession against him. He used rap to help elevate his family and that's some shyt to clown now? :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Regardless of his upbringing he acts like he is hard body and about getting at cats. Akademiks been talking greasy toward him for more than a minute. Trolling or not every day Akademiks lives untouched by Gibbs makes Gibbs look bad. Ak is daring you to do something and you got nothing? Further proof your raps are bullshyt. :francis:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
A lot of these assumptions are off base. They didn't grow up rich, they were a middle class Gary family in a terrible city. It's no way you grow up in the murder capital of the 90's and come out unscathed. Pops was a cop, that's never even been a debate, he raps about it in his songs. To be honest, I don't think he was a cop all that long, but I'm not positive. His siblings that went to college and became successful got it out the mud. They ain't a pedigree of lazy nikkas. I never saw him as this super gangsta like he comes off in the music, that's a little extra but he was definitely about his hustle. Coming from Gary and moving around in Chicago you gon find that you got a little more grizzly than the average dude. Do I think he embellishes in his raps? Yea but who ain't adding a lil sauce to their rhymes?

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
So he can’t be the fukk up of the family?

:mjlol:

Y'all will never get this.
That's not the point.

The point is if you come from a good solid family/environment/foundation and still decide to go left, that makes you a bozo.

What does EVERY hustler story start with?
POVERTY

AK is simply pointing out that Gibbs music should be more positive. Furthermore, his family background offered him opportunities that many in that lifestyle he raps about didn't have.

Ak is saying either you're a bozo or just fake as fukk

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's not the point.

The point is if you come from a good solid family/environment/foundation and still decide to go left, that makes you a bozo.

POVERTY

AK is simply pointing out that Gibbs music should be more positive. Furthermore, his family background offered him opportunities that many in that lifestyle he raps about didn't have.

:mjlol: Gibbs music is positive and dude used to have his crack head uncle on tapes I don't know why yall believe AK like that.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
That's not the point.

POVERTY

He WAS in poverty, dingus. He lived in Gary fukking Indiana while his father was getting paid peanuts as a cop (as has been repeatedly pointed out, Gary cops were only making 35k in 2015 so you know he wasn't making jack shyt in the 80s/90s) and he paid for his brother's education with his rap money.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Regardless of his upbringing he acts like he is hard body and about getting at cats. Akademiks been talking greasy toward him for more than a minute. Trolling or not every day Akademiks lives untouched by Gibbs makes Gibbs look bad. Ak is daring you to do something and you got nothing? Further proof your raps are bullshyt. :francis:
What does he gain by doing anything to akademiks?:dead: Lose his freedom? Get sued? Then y’all will be calling him a dumbass.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What does he gain by doing anything to akademiks?:dead: Lose his freedom? Get sued? Then y’all will be calling him a dumbass.
Hmmm . . . did Raekwon get Budden punched in his shyt and backing down or not? Guess what he still has a career.
Did Masta Killa beat up a joirnalist or not? Guess what he still had a career.
Did Murda Inc./Ja Rule have 50 stabbed and jumped? Guess what he still had a career.
A street dude is willing to throws all that square shyt out the window of they really about that life which it's obvious Freddie isn't or he would have gotten at dude.
I ultimately agree, what's he gaining going back and forth on the internet with Akademiks besides looking softer than he portrays himself on record? He should stop because every word makes everyone know he's not gonna do shyt. :francis:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I think all of us know someone like Freddie Gibbs. I knew a few growing up actually…guys from suburban subdivisions with well-to-do nice parents who sell drugs, tote guns and roll with goons. Some could pass for project dudes. There’s some crazy ass whiteboys like that too. It’s strange.

Probably more common when they have extended family in the hood as most Black people do.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
White media brainwashed blsck people into believing having a healthy family dynamic makes you less credible. That shyts strategically done to keep nikkas lost.

Freddie Gibbs is a Grammy nominated musician, his pops is a career cop, and his brother is a doctor.

If they were white, it would be considered an American success story. A family from one of the murder capitals turned life around and began creating generational wealth. That’s something that should applauded

But because he’s black and makes street music, it’s painted negatively like it makes him and any of his life experiences less credible

Y’all would respect this nikka if his pops was a fiend and his brother was a murderer tho huh. That’s the story nikkas glorify and hold up fondly. Insane
We would respect this nikka if he wasn’t a gangster rapper, not sure how y’all don’t understand this…

Bro could be rapping about more uplifting shyt, he could be rapping about what made him choose the path he chose even though he came from a good home.

He could be schooling youngins and giving them game on not making the same mistakes he did.