Veteran
Daps
tumblr_mh4a4qdzab1rdmi68o1_500.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjgrin:I see I hit a nerve all the Nas stans/Jay haters came out the woodwork, I guess the truth hurts.:sas2:

:ufdup:If Illmatic was as groundbreakin as yall sayin then it bein 2 years later wouldn't stop people from comparin Reasonable Doubt to it, Rakim was a 80s rapper but your fellow Nas stan is sayin errbody compared Nas to Rakim. I gave you links to who wrote it and some of them were known sources, you don't know who wrote the bullshyt IllmaticDelta posted either but you didn't jump up to say that when he dropped those quotes.:mjpls: RD was a classic from a new NY rapper just like Illmatic so people compared them joints back then, and it was a Mafioso rap album which was seen as the evolution of the gang wars/drug dealin that Nas rapped about on Illmatic. You just can't refute that comparisons were made so you gonna rewrite history and claim nobody said that back then.

:francis:Nice try at movin the goalpost I notice whenever someone says Jay/RD was influential you just claim its revisionist history even tho multiple people said it was big where they were from and gave you sources that rappers switched the style up after it, like I said Biggie made a Mafioso rap album the next year and recruited Jay to be in his Commission after he heard RD even Nas himself mentioned that on Last Real nikka Alive where he said they all were influenced by each other.

"Big told me Rae was stealing my slang
And Rae told me out in Shaolin, Big would do the same thing
But I borrowed from both them nikkas
Jigga started to flow like us, but hit with "Ain't No nikka"
Had much Versace swagger Big admired the Brooklynite and took him in as Iceberg the rapper"

Your idol also sayin Ain't No nikka was a hit which disputes Jay not bein hot back then.
jay2s.gif

Makin Mafia references and rappin about movin like the Mafia suited up ridin in limos and poppin champagne is what Mafioso rap has been since the mid 90s and Jay was the first to do it wit that jazz sound, :comeon:you act like Cuban Linx wasn't makin Mafia movie references some of them took actual movie names as their aliases (Biggie did the same thing) and used movie scenes as samples so YOU stop it.

We ain't talkin about progression from G rap to the mid 90s style we talkin the way the mid 90s style was and how all Mafioso rap til this day has that sound and Jay did it like that first, meanwhile you have the audacity to claim Nas has more to do wit the Mafioso style than Jay when Nas wasn't makin Mafioso shyt before IWW but your name is "IllmaticDelta" so of course you gon be blatantly biased.:scusthov:

:stopitslime:You dropped a Youtube video that was from 2012 yourself which you got called out on so quit goin ":whoa:What he said doesn't count."

:duck:It was completely accurate you Nas stans/Jay haters just don't wanna accept it.

:umad:I linked actual credible music sources you just catchin feelins cause you don't like what they said, I never daid G Rap didn't pioneer it or Rae didn't make it popular I said Jay revolutionized it and made it what we know it as today. None of those other rappers includin Nas had the sound and content that Jay had and what everyone from Biggie to Ross has on Mafioso rap records, stop tryin to deny Jay's impact in this convo and whinin about articles bein "after the fact" like you ain't one of the main culprits in here tryna rewrite history.:beli: I just grabbed those articles right quick to back up what I said wit actual reviews, now you upset stans are cryin "IT HAS TO BE AN ARTICLE FROM 96 OR IT DOESN'T COUNT!:damn:" and a couple of those articles has no date so you don't know when it was written you just assumin its from 07 to fit your narrative. I also just quoted a Nas song (who is a rapper from that era) sayin the same shyt I said, stop it.:martin:

:ufdup:And you bytchin about the XXL article is dumb as fukk since they just quotin what Raekwon himself said dikkhead, HE is the one that mentioned Once Upon A Time In America and said he liked how they grew from the ground up and started wit nothin that was HIS ACTUAL QUOTE I didn't say that so accordin to you he must've never seen that movie. I just copied and pasted his quote to show what his influence was which like I said he was more focused on the come up, :pachaha:I don't give a fukk what you run I don't know who you are bytch you talkin like you some important person no one cares about you bein a movie buff I just quoted your ignorant ass post and corrected you.:camby:

I don't know if you're trolling or just fukking stupid. A couple of the articles have no date?

The Village Voice article is from 2006 and the Allmusic review is from 2007. It took me literally 2 minutes to figure that out. How are you quoting articles and don't even know when they're written?

I don't know if you're slow or what but I'm :dead: at pointing out "Ain't No N*gga" was a hit when I said that earlier in the thread. The average rap fan was not checking for "RD" based off that song, because it was a poor example of what the rest of "RD" sounded like.

Another :dead: at getting defensive over me talking about The Film Room when my point was, I've actually seen the movie Raekwon was talking about. You obviously haven't. You don't have any first hand knowledge of anything you're talking about.

You can't find anyone from the 90's co-signing the bullshyt you're talking. Meanwhile, the original Source review for "RD" says:

In terms of subject matter Jay-Z isn't saying anything new. It's the same ol' criminal melodrama that you hear on so many rap LPs nowadays.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-25-at-12.46.12-PM.png

Jay didn't popularize, expand on, revolutionize, or "make it what it is today"....none of that shyt. He was just riding a popular wave.

This is how the album was received in 1996.
In 1996, not 2008 written by a guy that was 10 when the album dropped. Cut the bullshyt out. I don't know why you weirdos that got into rap late think you can speak on shyt because Google and Wikipedia exists. I been into rap since '85, what the fukk can you tell me?:mjlol:

Fred.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You can't find anyone from the 90's co-signing the bullshyt you're talking. Meanwhile, the original Source review for "RD" says:

Jay didn't popularize, expand on, revolutionize, or "make it what it is today"....none of that shyt. He was just riding a popular wave.

In 1996, not 2008 written by a guy that was 10 when the album dropped. Cut the bullshyt out. I don't know why you weirdos that got into rap late think you can speak on shyt because Google and Wikipedia exists. I been into rap since '85, what the fukk can you tell me?:mjlol:

Fred.

65327267.jpg

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I don't know if you're trolling or just fukking stupid. A couple of the articles have no date?

The Village Voice article is from 2006 and the Allmusic review is from 2007. It took me literally 2 minutes to figure that out. How are you quoting articles and don't even know when they're written?

I don't know if you're slow or what but I'm :dead: at pointing out "Ain't No N*gga" was a hit when I said that earlier in the thread. The average rap fan was not checking for "RD" based off that song, because it was a poor example of what the rest of "RD" sounded like.

Another :dead: at getting defensive over me talking about The Film Room when my point was, I've actually seen the movie Raekwon was talking about. You obviously haven't. You don't have any first hand knowledge of anything you're talking about.

Fred.
Hit that nikka wit a Nade toss while he was camping in the trenches. Lol

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At least @Stack Money isnt quoting from that INCEST APPRECIATION GROUP he started on the Coli :mjgrin:
:mjlol:I can tell I've made you catch feelins when you start bringin that up, you still think I'm ashamed of that when I readily admit it to cats:yeshrug:errbody that knows me on here knows I'm bout that incest life.

Fred.
:mspaintcamumad:I was referrin to the XXL and All Music articles they didn't have a date listed on the page as far as I saw, I told you I just quickly grabbed some articles to prove my point I wasn't diggin in the crates scramblin searchin for shyt like you Nas stans are in here.

:ufdup:I wasn't talkin to your dumbass when I mentioned Ain't No nikka that was a reply to IllmaticDelta the fact you don't understand that shows YOU the one thats slow, it doesn't matter if the album sounded like that it was still a hit that made cats wanna cop the album and his other singles Dead Presidents and Can't Knock The Hustle were hits too and they both were good examples of what the rest of the album sounded like.

:stopitslime:You the one that got defensive which is why you caught so many feelins and brought that Film Room bullshyt up in the first place as if it was supposed to impress me:mjgrin:you have no idea if I've seen the movie cause I didn't mention the movie at all or talk about what it was about RAEKWON DID that was HIS QUOTE dummy this the second time I've told you that.:snoop: You just have piss poor readin comprehension and thought I was sayin the whole movie was about "the come up" when Raekwon was the one who said he was inspired by how they came up, I just quoted him to show he was more focused on that aspect of the life the fact that very little of the movie was about that as you said just proves my point but you too stupid to realize it.:michaeljordanlaugh:

:usure:Your boy Nas is "from the 90s" and had several bars in Last Real nikka Alive which I quoted in that post co-signin what I'm talkin, Biggie bein so impressed by the album that he switched his style up created The Commission put Jay in the group and dropped a Mafioso Rap album wit cuts soundin more like Reasonable Doubt than Cuban Linx or any G Rap song proves Jay did revolutionize the genre.:sas2: Mafioso Rap albums that came out since then havin a "Reasonable Doubt sound" wit the jazz and boss life content just further goes to show his influence, you like every other Jay hater just don't wanna accept it so you try to rewrite history and claim nobody felt that way back then and only started sayin that in the 2000s.

:francis:And I'm 32 bytch I been into rap since the early 90s so miss me wit that "you got into rap late and are usin Google/Wikipedia" bullshyt strawman you haters fall back on to discredit people who tell you the truth about how Jay was perceived in 96, ironically you just admitted to usin Google yourself so you prolly projectin:mmmhmmiseeyou:and are makin assumptions about the writers of the articles I posted cause you don't like what they said and wanna discredit them like I said. There you go again tryna impress someone wit your supposed supreme knowledge of shyt you prolly a youngin and are frontin cause cats who go out of their way to gas themselves up on here are usually lyin cacs:mjpls: but I don't give a fukk when you got into rap you clearly severely misinformed like someone who wasn't around back then. I ain't a Nas stanley desperately tryna look a certain way for daps to give myself credibility on ducktales like you so I can tell you alot bytch.

:pachaha:You couldn't refute the facts I said to you in my last post where I dropped your idols own rhymes sayin the same shyt I said so you resortin to dikkridin that upset dude's wack posts.

Hit that nikka wit a Nade toss while he was camping in the trenches. Lol
:stephenasmithsleep:Another dude who had no legit retort cheerleadin from the sidelines.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha:You couldn't refute the facts I said to you in my last post where I dropped your idols own rhymes sayin the same shyt I said so you resortin to dikkridin that upset dude's wack posts.

man, I've been crushing you all thread and then I gave you Jays own words on how Illmatic changed the game:ahh::umad:

I had the Illmatic on bootleg
The shyt was so ahead, thought we was all dead

http://genius.com/Jay-z-a-star-is-born-lyrics#note-2167
Jayz

jay-z-atlnightspots.jpg

"name a rapper that I ain't influence":ahh::umad:

V1fmZWa.png

YIY8ylS.png

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
man, I've been crushing you all thread and then I gave you Jays own words on how Illmatic changed the game:ahh::umad:

I had the Illmatic on bootleg
The shyt was so ahead, thought we was all dead

Jayz

jay-z-atlnightspots.jpg

"name a rapper that I ain't influence":ahh::umad:

V1fmZWa.png

YIY8ylS.png
:whythefukkyoulyin:Nah you been catchin feelins all thread and I gave YOU Nas own words on how Reasonable Doubt changed the game, nikka admitted Biggie added Jay to his group cause of that album and all you doin now is screenshottin definitions that random stans added on genius.com as if Nas broke that down himself.:camby: