Gamers are THE WORST consumers in any market

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Y'all still crying for paying $60 a game? :mjlol:

There's so many deals I cant remember the last I've payed full retail at launch, not only that but i put crazy hours into each game, I'm talking 200+hrs easy per game, break down the $/hr and it's one if the cheapest hobbies to have

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
At the end of the day it's my hobby of choice, it brings me endless hours of entertainment

I just counted up the money spent on FIFA points alone and have spent almost exactly $200 the last 8 weeks, and I'll do it again these next few weeks :yeshrug:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I work in the gaming industry and am looking to change fields. A lot of my friends who are also engineers have way more chill jobs because their industry's expectations aren't as unreasonable as the gaming industry's.

Quite simply: Companies push their engineers way too hard which ends up leaving a ton of bugs.

First got to get everything ready by E3 so there are vacation blackouts, then got to get everything by release date (more blackouts), not to mention other events like blizzcon, quakecon, sonycon, etc. Then on top of that there can be release dates for multiple games and dlcs. Then we're expected to handle In-game and in-app bugs, while getting ready new content.

Do it again the next year.

Quantity is valued over quality on the software side because leadership wants to keep pressing faster than their resources (employees) can work. This also makes for some real crappy mentoring in companies because the seniors feel pressured and cannot help people new to the codebases onboard vs other companies who have seniors that have time to walk people through.

As far as consumers:
I remember coming back from a few years of gaming hiatus and remember thinking "wtf is a season pass?!". shyt was pretty much a money grab. Only thing I only play now is the Switch.

As long as folks are going to pay, they're going to keep doing it.

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The industry only got like this because we let it. If we stop supporting microtransactions and other shytty pay models, it’ll stop.

If this whole site stopped supporting microtransactions and shytty pay models it wouldn't make a dent in the bottom line. They put it in games because it's a legal way to make more money and there's nothing consumers can do about that.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I keep it old school. I buy the game and w/e is on that disk im usually content with.

Hell I barley beat the shyt on the disk, with life getting in the way, so buying anydlc would pretty much be flushing money down the drain.
I noticed this after last Christmas. Got all these games and the season passes. By the time the first dlc dropped, im already bored with the shyt and the dlc overs nothing new in gameplay. Usually more OP weapons and some clothes and a few missions.

I’d say out of the 4 games I got a season pass with. I played 0 of the extra content. Literally zero. Even ufc and tekken. Don’t even play long enough to use the extra characters.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I keep it old school. I buy the game and w/e is on that disk im usually content with.

Hell I barley beat the shyt on the disk, with life getting in the way, so buying anydlc would pretty much be flushing money down the drain.

I noticed this after last Christmas. Got all these games and the season passes. By the time the first dlc dropped, im already bored with the shyt and the dlc overs nothing new in gameplay. Usually more OP weapons and some clothes and a few missions.

I’d say out of the 4 games I got a season pass with. I played 0 of the extra content. Literally zero. Even ufc and tekken. Don’t even play long enough to use the extra characters.

Starting to feel like this myself. All that Spider-Man DLC dropped and for as much as I enjoyed the game...I'm was done with it when the credits rolled :manny:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Starting to feel like this myself. All that Spider-Man DLC dropped and for as much as I enjoyed the game...I'm was done with it when the credits rolled :manny:
this is why i usually wait until after all the dlc is out before I play most of these games

Shang Tsung

All Star
Daps
just look at the 2k,Madden, and FIFA players who always complain about the game yet continue buying it every year and playing it everyday :mjlol:

Even worse is when they try to justify it by saying it's because theyre fans of the sport. Like you really need to play a video game to enjoy a sport :comeon:

Last edited:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Im done with 2k off GP

I bought 18 in September and had to say just to get to 75 overall

Nah, no more

That channel is trash. Dude just steals other people's content and uploads it. His videos also drag and what he says could really be a 5 minute video. Probably somewhat manipulates YouTube's algorithm to make sure his videos are seen. No way he plays all those games to have an opinion. And his opinion is 90% negative.

He has already been called out for his channel.

just look at the 2k,Madden, and FIFA players who always complain about the game yet continue buying it every year and playing it everyday :mjlol:

Even worse is when they try to justify it by saying it's because their fans of the sport. Like you really need to play a video game to enjoy a sport :comeon:

These gamers are the main reason every game is trying to emulate their microtransaction scheme. Most fans of other games don't put up with that shyt and actually complain and stop buying the games.

I just :snoop: at how much money these gamers waste on Madden Ultimate Team, FIFAs team crap, and NBA2k's myplayer and myteam. Especially since this content doesn't carry over from the current game release to the next one.