Gary, Indiana

Daps
I’m not being emotional I don’t even know why you brought up feelings
It’s about making livable areas, the cities I mentioned have a bunch of room to grow, This isn’t about trying to make New York’s but strong cities for these states, Missouri Indiana Michigan Wisconsin and Ohio would benefit tremendously with a strong city and that would help build a stronger country
It is not sustainable trying to make a handful of states support the whole 52
If usa ever going to hold a billion plus people several states will have to step up
I didn't mean emotional I meant remove personal biased. I assumed u had attachment to those places.
I personally believe as long as big companies don't move to those places is just another money pitt being propped up.
All they have to do is fix the infrastructure and market it right and people will go.
Use Detroit as example all the wealthy people live in the suburbs to avoid paying tax why should government money be used?
If more white people move to Detroit they'll just move to those shytty leeching suburbs and continue the cycle.
Suburbs are one of the worst things ever created they exist as parasitic leech to a city while adding nothing.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't mean emotional I meant remove personal biased. I assumed u had attachment to those places.
I personally believe as long as big companies don't move to those places is just another money pitt being propped up.

Use Detroit as example all the wealthy people live in the suburbs to avoid paying tax why should government money be used?
If more white people move to Detroit they'll just move to those shytty leeching suburbs and continue the cycle.
Suburbs are one of the worst things ever created they exist as parasitic leech to a city while adding nothing.
No I don’t have no attachment, I’m just looking at this as a world builder, the country would be stronger with stronger cities meaning cleaning up and rebuilding them rust belt cities

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718
No I don’t have no attachment, I’m just looking at this as a world builder, the country would be stronger with stronger cities meaning cleaning up and rebuilding them rust belt cities
If they actually build up and people spread out, we won’t actually have “flyover states” everyone just wants to live in NY, CA,FL,TX and GA

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
I really don't appreciate these white and euro 'urban safari' ass videos examining urban decay and destruction of post industrial revolution black cities.

Gary is no different from parts of other major city (early 00s detroit, cleveland, pittsburgh, baltimore) which were built around a singular industry which went down. Gary is rough but its not INCREDIBLY UNIQUE in how or why it collapsed. The families which came up in 60s-early 80s Gary are very fortunate that they lived in a flourishing black city and their kids (ME) are probably doing very well in life.

fukk those exploitative videos in OP

it's hard to describe, growing up in Gary, always felt safe - but you knew danger was around the corner. you often experienced it first hand... today's Gary ain't yesterdays Gary tho. completely different cultures

for the record. it used to feel safer going to see fam in Chicago back in the day then being in GI on the average day

If they only knew that the collapse of Gary is similar to the collapse in some areas in black Chicago.. Chicago shared the same steel mill jobs that stretched from Gary to the southside of Chicago during that time period. Those steel jobs left Chicago and Gary Indiana.

I’ve been in and out of Gary since I was a child. I never lived in Gary, but always had a reason to go.

As someone from Chicago, I feel like the biggest issue Gary has had in the last 10-15 years is people from Chicago moving in.

Places like Hammond and East Chicago rents were constantly going up and Gary was stagnant. It allowed people from Chicago to move in and just use the house as a trap spot.

Willie Wilson was just giving gas away in Gary because he knows where his voters be at . Lol

It’s a shame because Gary has some really nice neighborhoods. A lot of custom homes were built in Gary too.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
that’s how New Orleans is, like you don’t let outside things get to you but you know shyt can pop off any second

Coming from Chicago and going through Gary on multiple occasions, and living currently in New Orleans east, nah, it’s not the same, there is a level of hopelessness in Gary that i just don’t feel here, it’s def crime and what not but not the same. I don’t have the cache of years in Nola so i can’t discredit your notion

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Gary will probably be a gentrified bastion soon enough, Chicago is getting ridiculously expensive, so i can see the trend of Chicago nikkas going to Indiana to escape the cost of living spike. Like @Ed MOTHERfukkING G said, it was a black Mecca that got ravaged by the industries leaving and crack and poverty killed what it once was

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718
Gary will probably be a gentrified bastion soon enough, Chicago is getting ridiculously expensive, so i can see the trend of Chicago nikkas going to Indiana to escape the cost of living spike. Like @Ed MOTHERfukkING G said, it was a black Mecca that got ravaged by the industries leaving and crack and poverty killed what it once was
:ehh:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Look at his eyes, I’m pretty sure if he was in LA he woulda still beat them kids

5-D6-F8609-020-E-4-A81-AB22-05-C390049850.jpg
yeah see he looks like a cool old guy in that pic but let mike or tito miss a note and he walks in the room like

Legend.png

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rust belt could make a comeback if state and fed governments really put money into developing them, maybe everybody and they mama wouldn’t try to move to la or atl
The rust belt could make a comeback if they actually saw the writing on the wall and transitioned from working in manufacturing to doing something in healthcare or information technology.

Instead they saw their jobs shipped overseas by white corporate ownership as globalization took hold.

And what did those workers do?
They spent the next 40 years blaming foreigners for “taking their jobs” and voting for lying politicians who promised to bring back steel/coal/cars to their hometowns.

Yeah ok.
That’s working out well.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The rust belt could make a comeback if they actually saw the writing on the wall and transitioned from working in manufacturing to doing something in healthcare or information technology.

Instead they saw their jobs shipped overseas by white corporate ownership as globalization took hold.

And what did those workers do?
They spent the next 40 years blaming foreigners for “taking their jobs” and voting for lying politicians who promised to bring back steel/coal/cars to their hometowns.

Yeah ok.
That’s working out well.
I was watching this video about manufacturing and they said it isn’t so much that jobs are going overseas but factories have gotten so efficient that you don’t need as many workers like back in the day and that’s the main reason why the jobs left
But people should’ve saw the writing on the wall and transitioned

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps