Ghostbusters getting rebooted again

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also @FlyRy i just read Scott’s article laying all of his tweets out and he’s so on point. Can’t complain about sequels and reboots and remakes when you don’t see original shyt that’s given to you. He even signals out Disney:

“When you don’t show up for Tomorrowland and queen of katwe, you can’t blame Walt disney for overdosing on nostalgia-driven IP-specific date.”

This is where the market is right now. We can bytch and moan all we want but our dollars have done the talking.

Also points out how Jason Reitman has five flops to his name and is getting rewarded with a big IP all because he’s the son of Ivan Reitman and a white guy :beli: He’s a good director, but I can’t imagine anyone else getting this opportunity after showing they can’t make money 5x in a row, quality not withstanding.

But yeah this shyt worked for Halloween, Jurassic world, and Star Wars. Sony is just looking at the marketplace and following suit

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Also @FlyRy i just read Scott’s article laying all of his tweets out and he’s so on point. Can’t complain about sequels and reboots and remakes when you don’t see original shyt that’s given to you. He even signals out Disney:

“When you don’t show up for Tomorrowland and queen of katwe, you can’t blame Walt disney for overdosing on nostalgia-driven IP-specific date.”

This is where the market is right now. We can bytch and moan all we want but our dollars have done the talking.

Also points out how Jason Reitman has five flops to his name and is getting rewarded with a big IP all because he’s the son of Ivan Reitman and a white guy :beli: He’s a good director, but I can’t imagine anyone else getting this opportunity after showing they can’t make money 5x in a row, quality not withstanding.

But yeah this shyt worked for Halloween, Jurassic world, and Star Wars. Sony is just looking at the marketplace and following suit
Queen of Katwe as an example?? That movie was about chess. Nobody wanted to see a damn chess movie.

Nobody knew what Tomorrowland was all about. could've been a Wizard of OZ remake but noooo

As far as IP-movies dictating sales, Valerian was TRASH and it bombed. Nobody read the comic, trailers were horrible and didn't explained anything, it was more of a French property

And KIN was a GOOD ORIGINAL flick starting a black teenager and had no white saviors but it BOMBED in the theaters because of a lack of marketing.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Queen of Katwe as an example?? That movie was about chess. Nobody wanted to see a damn chess movie.

Nobody knew what Tomorrowland was all about. could've been a Wizard of OZ remake but noooo

As far as IP-movies dictating sales, Valerian was TRASH and it bombed. Nobody read the comic, trailers were horrible and didn't explained anything, it was more of a French property

And KIN was a GOOD ORIGINAL flick starting a black teenager and had no white saviors but it BOMBED in the theaters because of a lack of marketing.

It can be about chess or whatever. A good movie is a good movie. shyt could be about backgammon. His point is when you’re given something and don’t show out, you won’t get more of it. That’s with any business. And queen is a great movie, with an all black cast, produced by a large ass studio. They promoted the hell out of it and it still bombed.

Money talks. Every single time.

We’ve seemingly made the decision, and I’ve seen it said here plenty of times and just in convos with my friends, that movie theaters are only for big movies now. Movies with explosions and car chases and gun shots etc. If the shyt is a drama, they’ll wait for it to hit Netflix or bootleg it. That’s a specific choice people are making with their money and Hollywood is listening to that choice.

And I can’t say Kin bombed in marketing because I saw the shyt marketed quite a damn bit. Not just online either. But that’s me. Can’t soeak for anyone else