Ghostbusters getting rebooted again

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Bullshyt, Akelah movie was more marketable because you rarely, if ever, see black kids in spelling bee contests, so that movie inspired young kids to be in the spelling bee, plus it had a very low budget so it had no room to flop. It made twice as much as it’s budget. QoK is about a game very few play. That’s what the movie centered on. When was the last time a movie about Learning a board Game became a hit?? You could’ve thought about that instead of riding on another man without your own thought process.

Sooooo ... akelah inspired black kids to be in spelling bees... but Queen of Katwe couldn't inspire black kids to play chess...

and I ride on no man's thought process...

I'm just saying... you said the movie sucked cause it was about chess... and my reply is basically its no more different than a spelling bee... what makes a spelling bee more fun than chess?

everything you saying positive about akelah can be flipped for QoK

look at this..

Bullshyt, Qok movie was more marketable because you rarely, if ever, see black kids playing chess, so that movie inspired young kids to play chess, plus it had a very low budget so it had no room to flop. It made twice as much as it’s budget. Akelah is about a contest very few enter. That’s what the movie centered on. When was the last time a movie about Spelling became a hit??

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Sooooo ... akelah inspired black kids to be in spelling bees... but Queen of Katwe couldn't inspire black kids to play chess...

and I ride on no man's thought process...

I'm just saying... you said the movie sucked cause it was about chess... and my reply is basically its no more different than a spelling bee... what makes a spelling bee more fun than chess?

everything you saying positive about akelah can be flipped for QoK

look at this..

Bullshyt, Qok movie was more marketable because you rarely, if ever, see black kids playing chess, so that movie inspired young kids to play chess, plus it had a very low budget so it had no room to flop. It made twice as much as it’s budget. Akelah is about a contest very few enter. That’s what the movie centered on. When was the last time a movie about Spelling became a hit??
More kids watch the syndicated National spelling bee than a goddamn chess tournament. They have it on ESPN (at least a review) for Pete’s sake. You don’t see chess tournaments on ESPN, hell you’ll see poker before you see any chess, let’s get real here. You actually see little kids trying to pronounce words on tv than a kid moving chess pieces. That movie inspires da hell outta kids, specifically young black girls who you rarely see in the finals. Where are the real-world inspirations for chess?? A white supremacist??? And Akelah didn’t flip because it went against a 8million dollar budget and made like 15mil compared to QoK which had a budget of 15mil yet only mAde back 10. And Akelah was successful Queen was not :umad:

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
More kids watch the syndicated National spelling bee than a goddamn chess tournament. They have it on ESPN (at least a review) for Pete’s sake. You don’t see chess tournaments on ESPN, he’ll you’ll see poker before you see chess, let’s get real here. You actually see little kids trying to pronounce words on tv than a kid moving chess pieces. That movie inspires da hell outta kids, specifically young black girls who you rarely see in the finals. Where are the real-world inspirations for chess?? A white supramacist??? And Akelah didn’t flip because it went against a 8million dollar budget and made like 15mil compared to QoK which had a budget of 15mil yet only mAde back 10. And Akelah was successful Queen was not :umad:

i get you with the spelling bee on ESPN .. but it wasnt always like that... it takes time. yea we got poker on TV and i even saw Darts
look at the evens the Olympics are showing ... ESPN even showing gamers

wont be long until chess and checkers on tv. maybe Monopoly

Last edited:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I want a sequel to the womens ghostbusters

It was a good funny movie.

This is why we can't have nice things.